BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall v rovers

11 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I'm not sure at all.  Nayambe has put in some very poor performances this season.

He's been asked to do too much. Right Back, auxillary Right Wing, Centre Half cover.  We just need two full backs to defend properly and let the attacking players do their stuff.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I thought after a couple of poor early passes Buckley did very well, with offensively and defensively and can only improve.  Why people want to dis him is beyond me.

What is the need for that last sentence? People had a different opinion to you about his performance, therefore they must have an agenda and want to "dis him."

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's been asked to do too much. Right Back, auxillary Right Wing, Centre Half cover.  We just need to full backs to defend properly and let the attacking players do their stuff.

Yes, plus imagine working for a manager you know doesn't rate you.  No intensity and no feckin wonder. Hangs him out to dry every chance he can.  Cobblers manager is Mowbray.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What is the need for that last sentence? People had a different opinion to you about his performance, therefore they must have an agenda and want to "dis him."

Plenty of accusations that “Team Buckley” members have an agenda too. Swings and roundabouts.  

Just now, JoeH said:

Plenty of accusations that “Team Buckley” members have an agenda too. Swings and roundabouts.  

Equally nonsensical if they exist. No issues with support and no agendas. If people think hes brilliant, hes out of his depth, he was man of the match, he was the worst player on the pitch, or anything inbetween, put on here without rubbish about how he isnt getting support or any agenda driven shite. Its a forum to discuss different opinions, not a fan club or a witchhunt. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He should be starting more with stats like this

JRC also has better stats at right back than Max Arrons at Norwich, the same Max Arrons who Barcelona were quoted £30mn for and Man U were eying in the summer

Now I'm not stating JRC is a worth that, but it puts into perspective the job he does at right back, right back isn't a new position for JRC he played many games at Man U coming through the academy there 

JRC and Nyambe are 2 totally different right backs, JRC has a far better game understanding than Nyambe, his positional sense with regards the different aspects of playing fullback are far better 

Nyambe is without doubt a better 1v1 defender and has more pace and power, but that's not enough in the modern game, you need to be able as a modern fullback, to be a defender a midfielder and a forward, all in one game, fullback has become the most technical position on the pitch and that's why JRC gets the nod over Nyambe sometimes, its horses for courses 

Also yesterday Dolan covered 12500m v Millwall, Armstrong covered 8500m v Reading, this I found very enlightening

And Buckley showed some real flashes of quality yesterday and I think he will make the naysayers eat their words

Just remember JRC, Dolan and Buckley are still young and early in their careers and still learning their trade, none are the finished article, maybe this could be considered moving forward

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

JRC also has better stats at right back than Max Arrons at Norwich, the same Max Arrons who Barcelona were quoted £30mn for and Man U were eying in the summer

Now I'm not stating JRC is a worth that, but it puts into perspective the job he does at right back, right back isn't a new position for JRC he played many games at Man U coming through the academy there 

JRC and Nyambe are 2 totally different right backs, JRC has a far better game understanding than Nyambe, his positional sense with regards the different aspects of playing fullback are far better 

Nyambe is without doubt a better 1v1 defender and has more pace and power, but that's not enough in the modern game, you need to be able as a modern fullback, to be a defender a midfielder and a forward, all in one game, fullback has become the most technical position on the pitch and that's why JRC gets the nod over Nyambe sometimes, its horses for courses 

Also yesterday Dolan covered 12500m v Millwall, Armstrong covered 8500m v Reading, this I found very enlightening

And Buckley showed some real flashes of quality yesterday and I think he will make the naysayers eat their words

Just remember JRC, Dolan and Buckley are still young and early in their careers and still learning their trade, none are the finished article, maybe this could be considered moving forward

I dont think anyone doesnt consider these players ages. Many believe that whilst Buckley isnt yet ready to regularly impact on our games, he should be loaned out. Rankin Costello is of a similar age to Nyambe and I would disagree that his positioning is better. Not sure ideally he is a full back and maybe had their contracts been sorted there could be room for both. Dolan is a talent and an asset but incredibly raw I would suggest but good to have in the squad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I agree with your summary of the two. Nyambe is very strong 1-on-1 going both ways. Where he goes wrong for me is positioning: too narrow when the ball is on the other side of the field and too far forward when we don’t have commanding possession in our own half. JRC can be more easily beaten but his positioning is generally better and he has far more variety when on the ball.

1 hour ago, SkipDonoghue said:

That’s an incredible stat, and perfectly believable, the lad has Stamina 20.

As for Buckley, I’m a fan. There was a small piece of play that @JoeH didn’t have on his video analytics that I really enjoyed. First half he picked the ball up in Centre midfield and just glided past that Evans fella, ala peak Rothwell move. Then the chance he created for Dack was brilliant play as well. Have not seen him carry the ball like that before. I think it’s just confidence with him, needs a run of games now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I agree with your summary of the two. Nyambe is very strong 1-on-1 going both ways. Where he goes wrong for me is positioning: too narrow when the ball is on the other side of the field and too far forward when we don’t have commanding possession in our own half. JRC can be more easily beaten but his positioning is generally better and he has far more variety when on the ball.

Nyambe won't be playing too close to the centre halves just because he feels like it. He's playing there because he's been told to play there. Most modern full backs play too close to the centre halves in my opinion but what do I know.

Regarding JRC - was he the one that waved a foot at that cross that Smith should have scored from ?

On 07/03/2021 at 10:45, JoeH said:

It's not forensic at all. I can find these clips quite quickly through the platforms I use. These five clips are just a snippet. There's an upload limit and I was also conscious of taking up an entire page with clips of JB. 

He wasn't perfect, but finding clips of him doing good things wasn't hard.

This stuff isn't basic. Not every midfielder in our team or in this league is making those passes and those interceptions for me. He's a good young player who keeps proving people wrong. He's got 1,500+ minutes under his belt now for us, which I think people forget, we need to get behind him!

I’d be impressed if you could find 5 of Corey evans since he signed

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SkipDonoghue said:

4000 metres more, wow, just wow. When Armstrong established himself as a top scorer candidate, before the first Bristol city game , you could see a noticeable change in him, clear as day. Shooting at every opportunity, sulky body language if not played in every time, not pressing well enough. Mowbray created a monster! As a lone front man, it's not going to work for the benefit of the team. Needs a partner, to be cashed in on, moved to the left, or to drastically improve his all round game. 

• Moderation Lead

Hi Everyone- this has turned into the Buckley show again. Lovely.

Reminder we’ve got a thread dedicated to the opinion diving man- where you can discuss him to your heart’s content...

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Exactly, AA should do less running as there are more people in midfield doing the running for him. 

Why should he do less running? He's a professional athlete. The top strikers all work hard. 

Neither of them are suitable to play the lone striker role as it impacts on the overall team. Armstrong has the pace Rhodes didn't have, but Rhodes a far better finisher the

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wasn't played upfront alone though, was he? Very different. 

His first season here he played a lot as the lone striker. That was his best season goals wise for us too.

Edited by MarkBRFC