BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

7 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Mowbray speaking before the WBA game: “If we lose a [Sam] Gallagher or a [Ben] Brereton Diaz, we’ll be playing the [Jack] Vales and the [Connor] McBrides. Whilst it might be an opportunity for young kids, it’s not ideal for winning games in the Championship."

Mowbray fails to acknowledge that he has been playing a 19 year old midfielder as his centre forward nor mentions Harry Chapman, who has signed up on a one year extension, possibly on higher wages, off the back of a promising loan spell in League 1 and is due to leave on a free next year.

Most importantly for me, is that he dismisses Connor McBride in the same breath as Jack Vale. McBride finished third top scorer in the Premier League U23 league last year, behind Liam Delap and Cole Palmer who are both involved in Man City's squad this year. Palmer came off the bench against Norwich at the weekend and Guardiola has recently stated that striker Delap will remain with the squad and not go on loan this season.

McBride's tally was aided by six penalties, admittedly, but he was also playing in a Rovers side that was effective but overall, was not technically as good as other sides who are predominantly Premier League outfits. Moreover, he would often play in a wide or deeper role. This is not to say that McBride should walk into the team, nor that he wouldn't benefit from a loan spell. However, I wonder if Mowbray will waste and damage young talent that this club financially cannot afford.

When Chapman, Brereton, Rothwell, Nyambe et al leave on free transfers in summer 2022, in the worst case but plausible scenario, or, perhaps, leave on reduced transfer fees, in January, and we're still a bottom half/quarter Championship club, we will likely need players like McBride, in some capacity, and with some experience gained from matches.

He is full of shit, end of.

He'll say and do the opposite next week, if he was so bothered about it he'd do something about it given his alleged influence at the club. 

All this is on his watch nobody else's and in the next breath he'll be trying to sell another of our better players knowing they won't be replaced. Then he'll be sending Brereton off to play for Chile with another truck load of platitudes.

Meanwhile we might possibly have NO strikers ! He cannot just keep swerving any accountability at all and getting away with it.

The local media are the lamest of ducks ever to be in a job.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Leeds lad was fairly down the list of wingers to be honest, means they didn’t get those they really wanted. Still got to give the lad a chance.

been told still working away at a perm striker, keeping the number 7 shirt open for this 

Any names who this striker target could be? And how much we looking to spend?

I noticed Poveda didn't take number 7. 

42 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I've watched a few reserve games and there appears to be some real talent there i remain unsure as to whether some of them can make the leap to first team football

Rovers are in a spiral of loaning and developing others whilst sending their own kids out and who don't seem to be being developed as good as what we are doing with other teams players !

I agree that our under 23's has some talent there but would they not benefit from first team football in league 1 or 2 like Carter and Wharton but didn't for Vale last season 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Any names who this striker target could be? And how much we looking to spend?

I noticed Poveda didn't take number 7. 

I agree that our under 23's has some talent there but would they not benefit from first team football in league 1 or 2 like Carter and Wharton but didn't for Vale last season 

Don’t have names but being priced out of domestic moves, even from league one. 
interrogating European market again , few fires burning . If we don’t get a perm striker in by deadline they have failed badly as it was always the plan to replace armstrong 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

interrogating European market again , few fires burning . If we don’t get a perm striker in by deadline they have failed badly as it was always the plan to replace armstrong 

Thanks for info. 

Hope we get Healey from Toulouse

if we don't get a permanent striker in then only 3 people to blame and not of it is the fault of the staff af the club or fans

Edited by chaddyrovers

26 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Leeds lad was fairly down the list of wingers to be honest, means they didn’t get those they really wanted. Still got to give the lad a chance.

been told still working away at a perm striker, keeping the number 7 shirt open for this 

Any names of the wingers we didn’t land?

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Won't work permit and visa issues prevent a signing from Europe in the market we will be in? 

https://www.90min.com/posts/how-footballers-qualify-uk-work-permits-brexit

12 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yea elanga was up there , mentioned it a few pages back 

Doesn't shock. He's been my personal favourite at PL2 level for two years and his excellent performances for the Utd 1st team don't surprise me one bit.

The most important transfer activity should be a change of manager.

If we really are in the financial mess that is reported, why do we need to replace Armstrong? 

Shouldnt the money be spent in at least tying down Kaminski,Brereton & Rothwell to longer contracts to get a decent fee if they go? In a less than ideal scenario  which we have Id chance Nyambe & Lenihan leaving on frees.

• Like 8

Whilst this has been an extremely frustrating window I do believe the 2 signings that we have actually been able to make have something about them. Clarkson impressed on his debut, showing a keen eye for the forward passes, though I did struggle to understand why he was played as far forward as he did considering he’s a deep lying midfielder. 

Poveda is one that excites me. Offers us pace and individualism and has always been the kind of player from what I’ve seen of him that gets fans off their seats. The jury is out though when it comes to his final product and his impact in a more physical championship. 

I think now focus has to be on a permanent signing or two. Striker of course has to be the priority, does anyone have info regarding names that we are looking at? I think at centre back we are really well covered with the emergence of Carter, he will make the odd mistake over the season but he is clearly ready for this level. With Wharton also to come back we have a real quality in that position. I wouldn’t mind a left back on loan, as Pickering needs back up, and I can imagine circino being able to step up as a back in a year or two, so a perm signing is not needed there.

Having said that TM has a mind of his own so we will have to see how things play out.

The loan thing really annoys me. 

Tosin - Bauer would have been a much better choice. We would have had three seasons of the chap by now, rather than one, in which we are short. 

Walton - you are telling me there wasn't a better keeper available for the wages and loan fee. Given I think most keepers would have been better than him this was a colossal waste of money. And all the "we got Kaminski" firstly didn't undo all Walton's howlers and we would have either had a second choice keeper covered or someone to sell - either to our advantage, and still have Kaminski last year.

Douglas and Trybull the same. There weren't players of that quality knocking around League 1 or freebies? Find that hard to believe. In fairness Douglas did look good on paper, but even then with his wages and loan fee, would we have been better getting Pickering in earlier and another year's experience at this level under his belt? 

Braothwaite - am sure there must have been a league 1 player with potential that we could have got a loan to buy with instead. 

All the way back to league 1 we haven't massively got it right with loan players. At least then loan with option to buy helped us with Armstrong and Downing. I've more patience with these kind of deals because if they work out we can take advantage of them and sign them, if not send them back. The risk v benefit is more balanced whereas with the loans they are much more stacked against us. 

• Like 1