BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

So how many players do we need to sign to get us top 6? 

Who off the out of contract players would you extend? 

Think most of us on this forum agree we need a change of manager so do we need to mention in this thread. 

Well it begs the question, who's making the decision on these transfers?

• Like 1

So how many players do we need to sign to get us top 6? 

Who off the out of contract players would you extend? 

Think most of us on this forum agree we need a change of manager so do we need to mention in this thread. 

Of the out of contract players the only one's I'd be giving new deals to would be Nyambe, Rothwell and JRC. I personally don't think that Nyambe will sign but I'm hopeful that the other 2 will if offered decent terms and I think we all know that Armstrong is not going to be here next season. Bringing in I think we need 2 centre backs, a right back, a left back, 2 central midfielders, 2  wide men, a number 10 and 2 strikers.

For the centre backs I'd like two experienced defenders at this come in. I see someone like Tim Ream at Fulham is out of contract in the summer he's a good defender who has plenty of experience at this level. Kipre is another one I hope we take another look at as I can't see him having a future with WBA and his wages will drop after they get relegated.

At right back to replace Nyambe (as I see JRC more as a right winger than right back), I'd be looking at either Dabo at Coventry or Olosunde at Rotherham. At left back whoever we sign will be back up to Pickering, so I'd just look for a free transfer with a bit of experience for example I see someone like Lee Wallace is out of contract at QPR at the end of the season.

In central midfield a player I like and would take a look at is Dewsbury-Hall at Leicester he'll be nearly 23 at the start of next season so may well be ready to make a permanent move away from Leicester if not though then we should be able to do a loan deal. Also if Sheffield Wednesday go down then I'd be making a bid for Barry Bannan I know he signed a new contract earlier this year but I wouldn't be at all suprised if there was a clause in it if they went down as he is far to good for League 1. Should Wednesday stay up then I'd look at someone like Allan Campbell at Mothwell.

I'd be play 4-2-3-1 so we will need a number 10 to replace Dack and I'd go for Emiliano Marcondes at Brentford a good player but he has never quite quite suited Brentford's style but I think in the right system he would be a real player at this level and he can also play deeper.

We need to sign some proper winger's the 2 I'd be going for are Demeble from Peterbourgh who is a very good player can also play in other attacking role and I believe is available on a free. The other one who I would be after is Joel Randall at Exeter who could well be the next Watkins to come through down there.

The two strikers that I'd be going for would be Jordan Rhodes, he's a quality finisher who if you create chances for him will score goals. The other striker I'd take a look at would be Charles from Stanley, if we really are looking to replicate the Brentford model then he suits it perfectly.

That would leave us with the following squad for the new season. 
GKs: Kaminski, Pears
RB: Dabo/Olosunde, Pike
CB: Lenihan, Ream, Kipre, Carter, Wharton (although I dobut we will see much of him before Xmas)
LB: Pickering, Wallace
CM's: Travis, Dewsbury-Hall, Davenport, Buckey, Bannan/Campbell
No10: Rothwell, Marcondes
Wide: JRC, Dolan, Brereton, Dembele, Randall
ST: Rhodes, Gallagher, Charles

It's a squad that I  think is very attainable with the wages we are getting off the bill and the fee that we will get for Armstrong. I'll be honest I'm not expecting much from next season but I think that is a squad that would be very competitive and with the potential to grow into a promotion winning team.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

Could Lawrence Shankland step up to Championship level possibly? He's been fairly prolific for 3 seasons, before stuttering a bit in an inferior team this season. I've never seen him play though, only known about the goalscoring stats that made him get call ups to the National team whilst playing in the Scottish Championship.

• Like 1

I see Chapman is getting rave reviews at Shrewsbury.

He is due back at the end of the season and could be a ready made replacement foe Elliott when he goes back to Liverpool. The lad just needed games.  However, fear not because Tony will have him playing left defence mid field then drop him because he is not good enough.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

I see Chapman is getting rave reviews at Shrewsbury.

He is due back at the end of the season and could be a ready made replacement foe Elliott when he goes back to Liverpool. The lad just needed games.  However, fear not because Tony will have him playing left defence mid field then drop him because he is not good enough.

Think he's out of contract this summer so I wouldn't expect to see him play for Rovers again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Three club rule. Don’t worry he ain’t coming

Its from a good source. 

three club rule?

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Well it begs the question, who's making the decision on these transfers?

The Manager. Currently thats Mowbray despite what our current view in on his future. 

1 hour ago, Tormund said:

No point in this until we know who’s manager etc.

well its Mowbray until he is sack or resign

@Ewood Ace. Thankyou for such a detail and Welcome response to the question I asked. Its was enjoyable read, some very sensible suggestions and some new Players for me to have a look like Dembele at Peterborough, Charles at Charles, Campbell at Motherwell or Randall. Can I please asked why you suggested each player and what you like about each of them?

@Ewood Ace. Thankyou for such a detail and Welcome response to the question I asked. Its was enjoyable read, some very sensible suggestions and some new Players for me to have a look like Dembele at Peterborough, Charles at Charles, Campbell at Motherwell or Randall. Can I please asked why you suggested each player and what you like about each of them?

Dembele is a quality player quick, good with the ball at his feet, he scores goals and makes them. Randall I have seen play a few times in my local non-league football a few years back and you could see then he looked a player. A mate of mine is a sponsor at Exeter and he raves about him and says that they hold him in as high regard down there as they did Watkins. He thinks he will most likely be on the move in the summer, although he did get injured the weekend so I suppose it depends how bad that is.

Charles is the sort of player I like a player who moves up the levels and keeps succeeding that says a lot about his attitude as it is very easy once you drop out of the football league to never get back there. His goal scoring record at Stanley is excellent and at 25 he still hasn't reached his peak yet. Campbell is a very hard working tough tackling midfielder who can also  chip in with a goal, he's a sort of old fashioned box to box midfielder. 

I also think looking down the football league is the way to go now as the European market is going to be tough now with Brexit and I'd rather us buy players and develop for us rather than loaning players and developing them for other clubs. Also there are some excellent players down just look at the Premiership now the likes of Maguire, Calvert-Lewin, Mings, Godfrey, Ings, Maddison, Justin, Watkins, Vardy, Wilson, Alli, Holgate, Adams and Creswell all started out at League 1 or below.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have being linked with Blackpool striker Yates. Replacement for Armstrong? Anyone know alot about Yates?

It's from a good source 

He’s caught my eye on the Blackpool highlights this year. He’s quick and he knows where the goals are. He’s more of a “ leader of the line “ than Armstrong is. 

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Dembele is a quality player quick, good with the ball at his feet, he scores goals and makes them. Randall I have seen play a few times in my local non-league football a few years back and you could see then he looked a player. A mate of mine is a sponsor at Exeter and he raves about him and says that they hold him in as high regard down there as they did Watkins. He thinks he will most likely be on the move in the summer, although he did get injured the weekend so I suppose it depends how bad that is.

Charles is the sort of player I like a player who moves up the levels and keeps succeeding that says a lot about his attitude as it is very easy once you drop out of the football league to never get back there. His goal scoring record at Stanley is excellent and at 25 he still hasn't reached his peak yet. Campbell is a very hard working tough tackling midfielder who can also  chip in with a goal, he's a sort of old fashioned box to box midfielder. 

I also think looking down the football league is the way to go now as the European market is going to be tough now with Brexit and I'd rather us buy players and develop for us rather than loaning players and developing them for other clubs. Also there are some excellent players down just look at the Premiership now the likes of Maguire, Calvert-Lewin, Mings, Godfrey, Ings, Maddison, Justin, Watkins, Vardy, Wilson, Alli, Holgate, Adams and Creswell all started out at League 1 or below.

Thanks Ewood Ace for the response. 

I agree with us looking towards the lower leagues for good quality talent that we can develop for the future of our club. 

I mention Luke Jephcott before, have you seen much of him? 

Should we not be taking advantage of the supposedly upgraded scouting network rather than continuing to solely look within this country?

The manager will still be here which puts a dampner on everything but we definitely need a total rebuild regardless, especially in attack whereby our 2 goalscorers look set to leave or miss next season injured, and the rest of them dont have goals in them.

Edited by roversfan99

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Should we not be taking advantage of the supposedly upgraded scouting network rather than continuing to solely look within this country?

Will they be grant a work permit? Depending on the a number of different factors 

We left the EU now. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Why would we be looking at another forward whose weakness is his physicality. If we are looking for a plan B, we need an aggressive, physical forward as a target. If we are looking for a young, mobile, link-up player, I would suggest McBride, who we have already. 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Will they be grant a work permit? Depending on the a number of different factors 

We left the EU now. 

What was the point in the scouting network then? The decision to leave the EU was hardly unexpected. One at the time that played a huge part for some illogical reason in you thinking Mowbray had to stay to be able to use it.

• Like 1