BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, danger19_80 said:

They beat Spain and Norway (with Haaland and Odegaard) in qualifying this year

Absolutely. I’ll give credit where it’s due, to have pretty much sealed qualification in that group is no mean feat!

1 minute ago, Silas said:

He's not getting booed tonight, he's getting brutally mocked though. By a large contingent. 

I'm sure he won't be too concerned, since his team are totally outclassing the opposition and will walk off the pitch as winners.

Be quite nice if he scored, to shove it back up the home fans' arses.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Of course Chaddy, but you know what I mean. 
I’ve been going to Hampden since 1960 so Scotland-England has a meaning to me for sure.

110,000 at Hampden I seem to recall, makes todays match look like a kids tea party.

We used to get 100,000 for the England vrs Scotland school boys match.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'm sure he won't be too concerned, since his team are totally outclassing the opposition and will walk off the pitch as winners.

Be quite nice if he scored, to shove it back up the home fans' arses.

Fingers in the ears knee slide again. 😂

Just mental that he's gone from most expensive defender, to being seen as a pantomime clown. Must be a tough pill to swallow. 

Don't care what the players say, he can't not be hearing that noise. 

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

110,000 at Hampden I seem to recall, makes todays match look like a kids tea party.

We used to get 100,000 for the England vrs Scotland school boys match.

134,000 when I was a lad Gav for a full international. Dougie will tell you!

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 1

Jesus, Maguire gets abuse on here? A few people calling him crap on a random anonymous Blackburn Rovers forum.

He isnt good enough and he is not on his own in being undeservedly selected repeatedly by a poor manager. This England squad has plenty of real top quality but a few weak spots especially in the dug out will see us go from swatting away inferior sides in the build up to likely falling short against the very best next summer.

Why are we playing Scotland in a friendly tonight? Waste of time.

Maguire is a different player for England than he is at United. Until he turns up for England looking off the pace and out of form I have no problem with his continued selection. 

He scored an own goal as I typed that....

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

Maguire is a different player for England than he is at United. Until he turns up for England looking off the pace and out of form I have no problem with his continued selection. 

🤣

• Moderation Lead

People are re defining words again to suit their argument. For me- abuse would be personal- I.E- Harry Maguire is a f***ing c**t. 
Criticism is more like what is happening here. I.E- Harry Maguire isn’t very good at football (a watered down version of what people say, but you get the idea). It’s all legitimate too to be fair. He isn’t playing for his club, but still gets picked for England. That is historically unprecedented, as playing for your club would have been a pre requisite for playing for England, but now, obviously Southgate has his favourites (or players he trusts), so that’s something new for people to get used to. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Is Maguire better than any other centre halves at United though? Christ, even Lindelof gets in ahead of him these days.

The final insult was surely Shaw playing ahead of him at centre half last season.

I think he is on par with Lindelof and Martinez for me. Varane is good but injury prone

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Southgate must have been inspiring at half time. Like the Italy away game. Dominated the first half and then look awful after he's had 15 minutes with them. 

Yet we have created some very good chances. Scotland have improved. 

Bellingham what a player. Kane's finishing is class tho

• Like 1