BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It's fine to apologise but what is Riley's plan to stop it happening again? It was a ridiculously poor decision compounded by VAR not picking it up.

VAR was worse. A blind man on a galloping horse could see that Rhodri handballed it. 

What about getting ex players in the VAR room? They know all the tricks, the refs know all the rules. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

It's fine to apologise but what is Riley's plan to stop it happening again? It was a ridiculously poor decision compounded by VAR not picking it up.

The VAR idiot got a severe punishment, the Burnley game tonight.

He hardly ventured 5 or so yards out of the centre circle and was usually far away from play. He must have extraordinary eyesight or maybe VAR actually refs the game more than the man with the whistle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

VAR was worse. A blind man on a galloping horse could see that Rhodri handballed it. 

What about getting ex players in the VAR room? They know all the tricks, the refs know all the rules. 

The VAR saw it and chose not to award an obvious handball.

The real question is why?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I've been advocating ex players or even keen students of the game to be VAR's. Refereeing is a closed shop, masonic almost in its workings. There is a real fear of inviting anybody outside the circle. For example Lee Mason is now a full time VAR on a reported £80k yearly.

Peter Walton has a column in The Times and is normally right up the arse of his ex colleagues and the PMGOL… but yesterday even he pretty much admitted that referring in English football has declined markedly.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Burnley's games in hand have all but evaporated and they look vulnerable again. 

They really haven't you know - still got a game on Watford and Norwich who we are now above plus 1 on Leeds and 2 on Brentford. We also still have games against  Brentford, Norwich, Watford and Newcastle and winnable games against Villa and maybe Southampton - plus the game against Everton that is yet to be rearranged. We've a mixture of games coming up - Chelsea on Saturday you'd write off but Brentford the week after looks likely, IMO, to be pivotal, that followed by Southampton at home. Us, Brentford and Leeds have similar run ins in terms of teams at top, middle and bottom. It's real squeaky bum time.

10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The VAR idiot got a severe punishment, the Burnley game tonight.

He hardly ventured 5 or so yards out of the centre circle and was usually far away from play. He must have extraordinary eyesight or maybe VAR actually refs the game more than the man with the whistle.

He was poor. Leicester are a dirty set of players and the ref gave us very little and gave some very questionable decisions both against and for us. I know we all often feel this way but refereeing standards are pretty poor right now. That said on the blance of play Leicester deserved the win, neither team excelled but they created some decent chances.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Peter Walton has a column in The Times and is normally right up the arse of his ex colleagues and the PMGOL… but yesterday even he pretty much admitted that referring in English football has declined markedly.

I honestly believe that the deterioration in standards has been with the advent of full time, professional referees. It's become a bit like politics were you have career politicians, now we have career referees and despite the riches afforded to the overall standard has regressed. And a further worry is that there doesn't seem to be much coming through to referee on the PL and International list. It is rumoured that potentially three of the more experienced referees on Select Group One are retiring at the end of the season. Now they will have to be replaced by referees from Select Group Two, the ones we see week in week out. It's a real worry but not one that seems to be being addressed.

As a wise old ex refereeing colleague said to me "Tha carnd weave without weft".

• Like 6

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

They really haven't you know - still got a game on Watford and Norwich who we are now above plus 1 on Leeds and 2 on Brentford. We also still have games against  Brentford, Norwich, Watford and Newcastle and winnable games against Villa and maybe Southampton - plus the game against Everton that is yet to be rearranged. We've a mixture of games coming up - Chelsea on Saturday you'd write off but Brentford the week after looks likely, IMO, to be pivotal, that followed by Southampton at home. Us, Brentford and Leeds have similar run ins in terms of teams at top, middle and bottom. It's real squeaky bum time.

He was poor. Leicester are a dirty set of players and the ref gave us very little and gave some very questionable decisions both against and for us. I know we all often feel this way but refereeing standards are pretty poor right now. That said on the blance of play Leicester deserved the win, neither team excelled but they created some decent chances.

Surely the pathetic dive by the Leicester player looking for a pen was worth a booking.

Did the near decapitation get a booking.

Yes Leicester have always been a team of cynical kickers, divers and moaners who just hide it well behind a ' good guy' image.

Pope was class.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Surely the pathetic dive by the Leicester player looking for a pen was worth a booking.

Did the near decapitation get a booking.

Yes Leicester have always been a team of cynical kickers, divers and moaners who just hide it well behind a ' good guy' image.

Pope was class.

I think the only booking was for Weghorst, for dissent, after a foul was given against him when he had the ball and retained control of it. We had the bizarre sight of a player going through the back of our player just prior to this and being told "he got the ball".  Like I say we all feel the ref was against us when we lose - in this case I just thought he was pretty incompetent to be honest, incompetent and inconsistent.

18 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Burnley's games in hand have all but evaporated and they look vulnerable again. 

A mate of mine constantly tells me that Brentford are going down. He's a Leeds fan though so it may be wishful thinking on his part.

Burnley can leapfrog Brentford and Leeds if they win their games in hand. Everton too.

54 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

A mate of mine constantly tells me that Brentford are going down. He's a Leeds fan though so it may be wishful thinking on his part.

Burnley can leapfrog Brentford and Leeds if they win their games in hand. Everton too.

I think if Ericsson can recover his “ A “ game Brentford have a chance. If he can’t then things aren’t looking good. The game against Burnley is massive.

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

I honestly believe that the deterioration in standards has been with the advent of full time, professional referees. It's become a bit like politics were you have career politicians, now we have career referees and despite the riches afforded to the overall standard has regressed. And a further worry is that there doesn't seem to be much coming through to referee on the PL and International list. It is rumoured that potentially three of the more experienced referees on Select Group One are retiring at the end of the season. Now they will have to be replaced by referees from Select Group Two, the ones we see week in week out. It's a real worry but not one that seems to be being addressed.

As a wise old ex refereeing colleague said to me "Tha carnd weave without weft".

i think the lack of accountability has also made it worse,referees can have stinker after stinker and still get to keep their job,those two at the everton game last week should never be allowed to officiate again,there are mistakes and there is complete incompetence,that was the latter,hardly surprising standards have slipped when mike riley,himself a truly terrible referee is their boss

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think the lack of accountability has also made it worse,referees can have stinker after stinker and still get to keep their job,those two at the everton game last week should never be allowed to officiate again,there are mistakes and there is complete incompetence,that was the latter,hardly surprising standards have slipped when mike riley,himself a truly terrible referee is their boss

Riley apologies to Everton and at more or less at the same time appoints the incompetent VAR to referee an important PL relegation game in which he is as much use as tits on a carrott.

The PGMOL lunch club are outperforming even the EFL Managers Destroy & Exit lunch club.

No high level operation can survive with honesty and integrity if they police themselves with no accountability. It cannot be done and PGMOL are just another example of that.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When I used to watch European football back in the day I used to think  “ these referees are poor, not a patch on our guys “. Now the shoe’s on the other foot and by and large the European refs are better.

It's hard to think of an association of Ref's, that are worse than ours. 

what do people think of Jesse Marsch's appointment as Bielsa's replacement at Leeds? 

On 02/03/2022 at 09:36, longsiders1882 said:

Some 6 pointers games coming up for teams. Interesting times ahead for the bottom 7 clubs

• Like 1