BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

10 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Baby liners we called them growing up in Colne.

Yes, in Rochdale as well. I played for a pretty good team as a lad and when we played teams near the bottom of the league the rule was - if you scored a hat trick you had to play the rest of the game in defence. Everybody went along with that apart from one guy - he wouldn’t. He got 8 goals in one game. He was a baby liner. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DeeCee said:

That and tartliners in Ossy.

Tart, tit, and baby were used interchangeably in my neck of East Lancs (Accy/Blackburn). Although baby lining was the least popular of the 3.

Looking at it through 2022 eyes it would seem that goal poaching was seen as unsporting and thus to try and pressure the alleged offender into not doing it fellow players intimated that only babies and loose women did it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, roverandout said:

And to be fair like Rogers achievements at Celtic I doubted whether he could make that step from the Scottish Premiership to the English premiership but like Rogers he's proven he can handle the step up

Rogers had already done okay at Liverpool prior to his move to Celtic, had he not?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Rogers had already done okay at Liverpool prior to his move to Celtic, had he not?

It would be seen as failure as he had suarez and sturridge in great form.  Though gerrards slip cost them the title 

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Gerrard needs to prove that he is capable of that sort of achievement. Im still unsure about him either way as a top manager.

I don't feel he will ever be top manager like Klopp or Pep but will be good PL manager. 

Villa have been quick in the transfer market and got 3 signings in already. 

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

conte to stay on as Tottenham head coach for another 12 months and with 150 million to spend championship could become a three horse race. Top manager.

If Spurs make the right signings this summer and back Conte then I feel they will be genuine title contender. Think Chelsea will need to make certain signings but don't know what they will spend or if they will big enough to be title challenge. 

Conte is an excellent manager but no way will Spurs be a title contender. It will be between City and Liverpool who are a million miles away from the rest and will no doubt strengthen as City already have.

Spurs have a couple of top players in Kane and Son, and in Bentancur, Kulusevski and Romero they have 3 good ones but even they wouldnt get in either of the top 2. Beyond thay they have so many players ranging from average to poor, they may offload some but still. Emerson, Doherty, Winks, Skipp, Moura, Hojberg, Rodon, Dier, Davies, Sessegnon etc.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

An 'interesting' bit of business involving Arsenal. Arsenal have been chasing this Brazilian winger from Sao Paulo called Marquinhos. The player is available on a free now as his contract is up, so Arsenal can basically take him for nothing.

What does Arsenal's Technical Director, Edu, go and do instead though? He essentially says "I'll give you £3.5m for him, mate. It's cool, don't worry, I've got £3.5m for you".

What a top bloke Edu is. Rather than sign him on a free, Marquinhos is on his way to Arsenal for £3.5m instead now. Brilliant. Perfectly normal. Nothing to see here.

Ryan Hedges, anyone?

It looks like reality is already starting to bite for Arsenal fans ahead of next season. For any of their fans hoping to see a spending spree to break into the top 4, they can think again, the narrative is already being set for disappointment with an example below.

Cheapskate owners (Theirs are compared to their rivals) who couldn't care less about success on the pitch. That's why you get a youth project with "young lads" who "need time to develop". You can't put too much pressure on the young lads, eh?

Spending £51m on Gabriel Jesus, who is out of contract next summer, is alright though as Edu really likes him and he's a big name in Brazil. That, and it will give the Arsenal fans hope that "exciting" things are happening.

It's all PR crap and we are seeing it happening at Rovers too, in relative terms, obviously. Disinterested owners are the root cause of all of this.