BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Each to there own. I thought it was the icing on the cake

Pitch invasions have been happening ever since rovers where playing darwen in the 1800s . Let’s not pretend it’s a new phenomenon because of phones and social media

They just get onto the culture quicker as have flares/ smoke bombs.

A pitch invasion at a Wembley play off is more than possible.

I see fences coming back if this่ gathers much more pace.

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Yeah fair enough, maybe we got lucky with it considering that context.

I used to get really bent out of shape with refereeing decisions , off sides , cards etc. I don’t anymore. There’s no logic or common sense to any of it. I just take the rough with the smooth. In 50 years I’ve only honestly seen a couple of games in both codes were I thought there might have been something going on.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They just get onto the culture quicker as have flares/ smoke bombs.

A pitch invasion at a Wembley play off is more than possible.

I see fences coming back if this่ gathers much more pace.

I love flairs and think the we should learn and embrace the continental ways as fans rather than sit and clap like we’re at the crucibal but that’s just me

20 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I love flairs and think the we should learn and embrace the continental ways as fans rather than sit and clap like we’re at the crucibal but that’s just me

I haven't worn flares since the seventies, I thought it was more to do with the Bay City Rollers than the Continentals.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Flairs ? Not for me mate, I never wore them.

I had them, with Chelsea boots or something like that which has soles 2'' think and heels to match.

Did me more ankle and knee damage than all the games of football I played.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looking forward to the last day of the season tomorrow, where the title winners is still up for grabs and the last relegation place still up for grabs between Leeds and Burnley. 

3 games on Sky Sports tomorrow. 

And the race for 4th which with the CL what it is is more desirable than trophies for many teams. Lots to play for tomorrow - 6 games I think which have something at stake. 

On 20/05/2022 at 17:41, matt83 said:

Rovers fans didn’t invade the pitch after either promotion to the prem, after winning the prem, after winning the league cup but there was 2 after getting promoted from division 3. It was embarrassing even being in that division let alone celebrating it in that way 

Uncle Jack specifically asked us not to invade the pitch. He, through the club, requested that no fan ever run onto the pitch. 

There was only one knobhead who disobeyed that request. The rest of us had so much respect for our beloved club at that time.

• Like 2

On 21/05/2022 at 04:10, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As Mrs Shoelaces says - “ Your taste must be all in your mouth “.

Tell the Mrs that I was a fashion icon. Lime green jacket with huge lapels.... absolute class and massive bird puller 😜

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Has the Premier League always finished 2 weeks after the end of the normal football league fixtures? I'm pretty sure not or maybe I've not noticed. It seems wrong that there isn't more coordination, as we have with the start of the season, to maintain some semblance of shared experience and solidarity.

14 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Has the Premier League always finished 2 weeks after the end of the normal football league fixtures? I'm pretty sure not or maybe I've not noticed. It seems wrong that there isn't more coordination, as we have with the start of the season, to maintain some semblance of shared experience and solidarity.

Back in the good old days, before the days of play-offs, the whole Football League programme was wrapped up by around the end of April with the FA Cup Final the following weekend and the England-Scotland match the following week. Then we could all settle into summer and enjoy the cricket........... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

It's to do with the winter world cup in Qatar.

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Tightest of offsides 😣

It's where VAR is crap.

It should be for clear and obvious errors - not offsides like that which you can't pick up in real time. The striker is gaining no clear and obvious benefit there. 

• Like 1