BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

Whilst we are having a VAR whinging day following that Burnley penalty,  that’s another problem there with the Everton game.

Commentators and people on here are saying that at Tottenham, although it was close proximity and the referee didn’t see it, by the letter of the new laws it was handball and therefore a penalty.

But that was a penalty for shirt holding on Richardson according to the rules for the last 50 years. And yet that is ignored. 

If the on-pitch referee doesn’t see it or give it, then unless there is no debate that the decision is wrong VAR should not overturn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Toney sold him down the tunnel and so easily.

However I have a dislike for all things Brentford and the knobhead who fronts them. 

I'm jealous of what they've achieved, but I hate their model (no Academy) and the last thing football needs is another nothing London club wallowing in the PL riches. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm jealous of what they've achieved, but I hate their model (no Academy) and the last thing football needs is another nothing London club wallowing in the PL riches. 

Agreed. I couldn’t stomach another nothing southern club in premier league. Bournemouth, Fulham, Brighton, Brentford are division 4 clubs. Add Luton into the mix I might spontaneously combust.

• Like 5

7 London clubs in the Prem next season, that's 7 too many

Third and fourth didvision clubs like Brentford, Bournemouth, Brighton and possibly Luton in the top flight while the likes Rovers, Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Middlesbrough etc languish.

Another reason why, though it goes against the grain, I want Burnley to stay up

• Like 4

7 London clubs, plus three on the south coast, plus potentially Luton. 

That’s a hell of a lot of southern clubs and it’s a pretty grim development…

but considering it will be a northern club that takes the final relegation place regardless, not sure I understand Jim’s logic of wanting Burnley to stay up to counter the likes of Brentford, Everton and Leeds can do that for us northerners thanks very much!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Anyone know why the Scousers were booing the National Anthem yesterday?...abhorrent behaviour.

Some will certainly be questioning why Reds’ fans hold such disdain for the tune but it appears that the booing can be traced back to the 1980s. Severe opposition to the Conservative government at the time, as well as the fallout following the Hillsborough tragedy, drove a wedge between the city and the rest of the country.

Those on Merseyside also feel like the current Government continue to bat-aside their welfare, with foodbanks outside of both Anfield and Goodison a regular feature. In fact, Liverpool supporters have further displayed their disdain for patriotism with a sign reading ‘Scouse Not English’ regularly seen at the home of Jurgen Klopp ’s men.

The German himself has previously given his thoughts on the booing, with supporters having done the same before the 2019 Community Shield against Manchester City. He said: "I don’t think I'm the right person (to ask), I know a bit about the history but it’s not for me to judge

• Like 3

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Some will certainly be questioning why Reds’ fans hold such disdain for the tune but it appears that the booing can be traced back to the 1980s. Severe opposition to the Conservative government at the time, as well as the fallout following the Hillsborough tragedy, drove a wedge between the city and the rest of the country.

Those on Merseyside also feel like the current Government continue to bat-aside their welfare, with foodbanks outside of both Anfield and Goodison a regular feature. In fact, Liverpool supporters have further displayed their disdain for patriotism with a sign reading ‘Scouse Not English’ regularly seen at the home of Jurgen Klopp ’s men.

The German himself has previously given his thoughts on the booing, with supporters having done the same before the 2019 Community Shield against Manchester City. He said: "I don’t think I'm the right person (to ask), I know a bit about the history but it’s not for me to judge

To be fair, had it been Rovers and the town of Blackburn, we'd all feel exactly the same, wouldn't we?

If 97 of our fellows were killed by establishment cock-ups at a football game, and the establishment tried to hide it by accusing us of robbing our mates' dead bodies and pissing on them?

I personally don't understand people who can't see it this way, because Liverpool fans don't have to imagine it. It actually happened to them.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Possibly because it’s a crap anthem. More like a dirge.

My thoughts exactly! Its also not the British anthem, its the Royal Anthem, used by the various Royal Houses of Europe before they were overthrown but with different words (obvs).

Its pathetic.

• Like 1

• Backroom
9 hours ago, rigger said:

If it was Millwall fans booing the national anthem people would be up in arms. I am sick of hearing about the righteous Liverpool fans.

They are up in arms, though?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

To be fair, had it been Rovers and the town of Blackburn, we'd all feel exactly the same, wouldn't we?

If 97 of our fellows were killed by establishment cock-ups at a football game, and the establishment tried to hide it by accusing us of robbing our mates' dead bodies and pissing on them?

I personally don't understand people who can't see it this way, because Liverpool fans don't have to imagine it. It actually happened to them.

Still no excuse to boo our National Anthem.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Still no excuse to boo our National Anthem.

One person's excuse is another person's reason. My question is how does booing the anthem actually affect anyone in any way?

If it causes you offence, I'd argue that the reason for the booing was much more offensive to humanity than the booing itself.

Disagree with it, by all means, but there's far from 'no excuse'.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

One person's excuse is another person's reason. My question is how does booing the anthem actually affect anyone in any way?

If it causes you offence, I'd argue that the reason for the booing was much more offensive to humanity than the booing itself.

Disagree with it, by all means, but there's far from 'no excuse'.

Do you find it offensive if England fans boo another teams national anthem ? 

• Like 5

• Backroom
1 hour ago, rigger said:

Do you find it offensive if England fans boo another teams national anthem ? 

No. I think it's silly, but not offensive. And even if I did, it's still not offensive to boo your OWN anthem imo.

I think Liverpool fans booing our anthem is silly too (achieves nothing), but I understand the reason for it and if it makes them feel better it's no skin off my nose.

Let's not get all weird and American about an old song in the same way they get pissy about their flag or that fascistic 'Pledge', shall we not?

There are more important things in the world than booing an establishment song; things that (like this discussion probably, my mistake) belong in the Politics thread.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 5

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Lucky to live in the UK where you can get away with it.

It's not the same in many other places.

WOKE UK forcing the opinion of the minority on to the majority.

I do not think this will survive ..... Censorship.

#Freedom

Actually it will survive, but I reckon we draw a line under this now though, probs for the best.

• Like 3