BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

4 hours ago, DE. said:

If you aren't feeling nervous about a tight relegation battle I'm not sure what the point is of following the sport. 

Let me rephrase, I’m excited and positively nervous rather than worryingly.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Jackson has done well and improve the team on what Dyche left. I think he deserve a place on the next manager's coaching staff

He has done well, as have those assisting him. The Chairman will clearly have a view as would any incoming manager.

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Leeds, Everton and Burnley are fighting tooth and nail for every point. I’m hoping all 3 escape and either Soton of Brentford go down. It’s possible. 

Possible but very very unlikely. I feel it has to be us, Leeds or Everton.

3 hours ago, 47er said:

Increasingly it’s getting hard to get out of the Championship. In theory there are 3 available places but in reality it’s down to one mostly.

Norwich will come back, they always do, I’d expect any of Leeds,Everton or Burnley to return immediately. The existing Championship teams can all fight in the play-offs for the one remaining place.

Parachute payments make it unfair (unless you chuck them away like we did)

I have no idea what our squad will look like if we come down, who we will sell or how much there will be to invest in the squad. I’d imagine we would struggle to make an immediate return.

On 01/05/2022 at 15:57, chaddyrovers said:

Everton beat Chelsea 1 nil. 

Their performance was full of passion and desire and playing for their fans and Lampard. 

Could Leeds go down? 

Everton always stay up no matter how awful they are.

The absolute state of football. £4.25bn sale of Chelsea agreed. 

How much would it cost to buy Rovers? £10-15m??

£4.25bn and we sit here growing increasingly concerned about being £200m in debt and yet there's even more astonishing amounts of money sloshing around in the league above. 

The whole game needs a full restart.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, davulsukur said:

The absolute state of football. £4.25bn sale of Chelsea agreed. 

How much would it cost to buy Rovers? £10-15m??

£4.25bn and we sit here growing increasingly concerned about being £200m in debt and yet there's even more astonishing amounts of money sloshing around in the league above. 

The whole game needs a full restart.

Some of that money is what they have committed to spend on the club infrastructure and transfer funds. Plus others things. 

Los Angeles Dodgers co-owner Boehly, who leads the consortium, has won the race to buy the Blues after the most public major sports franchise takeover in history.

Boehly, Clearlake Capital, Mark Walter and Hansjorg Wyss must now wait for Premier League and UK Government approval before confirming the deal.

“Chelsea Football Club can confirm that terms have been agreed for a new ownership group, led by Todd Boehly, Clearlake Capital, Mark Walter and Hansjorg Wyss, to acquire the club,” a Chelsea statement read.

“Of the total investment being made, £2.5billion will be applied to purchase the shares in the club, and such proceeds will be deposited into a frozen UK bank account with the intention to donate 100 per cent to charitable causes as confirmed by Roman Abramovich.

“UK Government approval will be required for the proceeds to be transferred from the frozen UK bank account.

“In addition the proposed new owners will commit £1.75billion in further investment for the benefit of the club.

“This includes investments in Stamford Bridge, the academy, the women’s team and Kingsmeadow and continued funding for the Chelsea Foundation.

“The sale is expected to be complete in late May subject to all necessary regulatory approvals. More details will be provided at that time.”

Edited by chaddyrovers

55 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

think the  brighton leg  is safe🤣

I just love the thought of a Burnley relegation paying for my season ticket in the season that takes us past them 🤣

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

• Backroom
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just need Everton win both games in hand and stay up plus send those dingles down

I think Leeds May struggle to get above Burnley but all it takes is a point right now 

Just watched Liverpool drop two points against Spuds. A big loss to their title aspirations yet Juergen Klopp still goes onto the pitch at the final whistle and congratulates all the Spurs players. The man is a class act. We never saw Fergie do such classy acts. He was a great manager but had zero class, that’s why I always loved Kenny’s mind game wins with him. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Just watched Liverpool drop two points against Spuds. A big loss to their title aspirations yet Juergen Klopp still goes onto the pitch at the final whistle and congratulates all the Spurs players. The man is a class act. We never saw Fergie do such classy acts. He was a great manager but had zero class, that’s why I always loved Kenny’s mind game wins with him. 

I think Fergie is a class act off the pitch. I’ve heard of numerous real acts of kindness he’s done for people. On the pitch he likes to win. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree Klopp is special in his outlook on life.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ianrally said:

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think Fergie is a class act off the pitch. I’ve heard of numerous real acts of kindness he’s done for people. On the pitch he likes to win. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree Klopp is special in his outlook on life.

He’s also a massive hypocrite.

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some of that money is what they have committed to spend on the club infrastructure and transfer funds. Plus others things. 

Los Angeles Dodgers co-owner Boehly, who leads the consortium, has won the race to buy the Blues after the most public major sports franchise takeover in history.

Boehly, Clearlake Capital, Mark Walter and Hansjorg Wyss must now wait for Premier League and UK Government approval before confirming the deal.

“Chelsea Football Club can confirm that terms have been agreed for a new ownership group, led by Todd Boehly, Clearlake Capital, Mark Walter and Hansjorg Wyss, to acquire the club,” a Chelsea statement read.

“Of the total investment being made, £2.5billion will be applied to purchase the shares in the club, and such proceeds will be deposited into a frozen UK bank account with the intention to donate 100 per cent to charitable causes as confirmed by Roman Abramovich.

“UK Government approval will be required for the proceeds to be transferred from the frozen UK bank account.

“In addition the proposed new owners will commit £1.75billion in further investment for the benefit of the club.

“This includes investments in Stamford Bridge, the academy, the women’s team and Kingsmeadow and continued funding for the Chelsea Foundation.

“The sale is expected to be complete in late May subject to all necessary regulatory approvals. More details will be provided at that time.”

Oh my bad, just the £2.5bn then. 

We are still talking an insane difference in money being thrown around in the premier League vs championship. 

The whole thing is just a joke.

11 hours ago, Tom said:

I think Leeds May struggle to get above Burnley but all it takes is a point right now 

I can still Leeds picking up enough points up to stay above them. Play Chelsea next who let a 2 goal lead slip. 

28 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Oh my bad, just the £2.5bn then. 

We are still talking an insane difference in money being thrown around in the premier League vs championship. 

The whole thing is just a joke.

Well according to Forbes on the value of football Clubs, Chelsea are worth 3.2 Billion with Manchester United, Liverpool and Manchester City worth 4 billion. 

The Business Of Soccer - Full List (forbes.com)