BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

That's a good point about Allardyce. I am expecting an wide left appointment possibly foreign. 

A falling out wouldn't surprised but I think its more to do with the financially impact of relegation and the current owners knowing it would be melt down possible. 

No The sacking doesn't surprised for a number of reasons, one the financially impact on relegation on the ownership and club, two the results of the season, three the lack of performance of the Norwich away game. 

Like I said previously, I was talking to some Burnley fans at Christmas time who wanted him gone and felt a change was needed if they were going to stay up and felt the situation had gone stale. 

Christmas would have been the time to do it, not now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's a good point about Allardyce. I am expecting an wide left appointment possibly foreign. 

A falling out wouldn't surprised but I think its more to do with the financially impact of relegation and the current owners knowing it would be melt down possible. 

No The sacking doesn't surprised for a number of reasons, one the financially impact on relegation on the ownership and club, two the results of the season, three the lack of performance of the Norwich away game. 

Like I said previously, I was talking to some Burnley fans at Christmas time who wanted him gone and felt a change was needed if they were going to stay up and felt the situation had gone stale. 

Most of their fans realise it’s a ridiculous decision, just like most of ours did in 2010 (yes, there’s always a minority of loud know nowts that make a noise about sackings after defeats)

Yes, relegation could well be a disaster for them, so why then sack the fella with a track record of getting them out of the second tier (if he didn’t keep them up to start with) ?

Because their owners don’t understand the game one iota… which is nice.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, relegation could well be a disaster for them, so why then sack the fella with a track record of getting them out of the second tier (if he didn’t keep them up to start with) ?

Because their owners don’t understand the game one iota… which is nice.

That or the model they have simply doesn't work in the second tier, so they're panicking now in a desperate attempt to survive.

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

That or the model they have simply doesn't work in the second tier, so they're panicking now in a desperate attempt to survive.

That’s exactly what they are doing, but surely the better the devil you know with Dyche to attempt to avert said disaster than blindly taking a punt in the madcap world of the football manager market?

But it goes back to them not understanding the game, not understanding the Championship, not understanding just how good a job he’s done to get a club like that so far punching above their weight…

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

On the other hand they could appoint somebody better than Dyche. Forest made a good appointment with a relatively unknown manager.

He got Swansea in the play offs, now he’s doing the same again, not exactly a big gamble on their part…

42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

On the other hand they could appoint somebody better than Dyche. Forest made a good appointment with a relatively unknown manager.

How is Steve Cooper a relatively unknown manager when he managed Swansea for 2 years and got them playoffs twice. Plus he had success has England's under 17 manager which won the FIFA under 17's world cup in 2017? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldbe surprised if that happened , may be wishful thinking but this could be Burnleys sacking of Big Sam !

Speak for yourself, if that theoretical appointment had happened, it would have been literally weeks since he had Swansea at the play off final (and that was his second consecutive play off appearance)…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Complete conjecture, but I wonder if he's been told he's no budget to replace the out of contract players and.kicked off at 'same old same old'?

Or possibly he's been asked to take a wage cut?

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ll count you and Chaddy as two I T K ers. Anybody else ?

Who knew who Steve Cooper was? Yeah.

Think you might be surprised how many people disagree with you here.

• Like 1

Personally am with Tyrone on this. I had heard of him but blimey he said relatively unknown. I don't think it's a wild inaccuracy to call someone who has only 2 years experience outside the top flight relatively unknown. In fact I'd say relatively makes nod to both his achievements and new status. I also think there's a fair bit of a certain poster misunderstanding the English language deliberately too..

Edited by Blue blood

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Complete conjecture, but I wonder if he's been told he's no budget to replace the out of contract players and.kicked off at 'same old same old'?

I think it's more likely that they are just clueless and getting twitchy about losing the Premier League cash.

Are you relatively, or otherwise unknown, as a Championship level manager when you’ve just been in the Championship play off final (and second season in a row for the play offs) ?

The bloke was obviously one of the league’s hottest prospects, if you aren’t personally paying much attention to the division you play in’s managers then fair enough…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Are you relatively, or otherwise unknown, as a Championship level manager when you’ve just been in the Championship play off final (and second season in a row for the play offs) ?

The bloke was obviously one of the league’s hottest prospects, if you aren’t personally paying much attention to the division you play in’s managers then fair enough…

Last paragraph is a bit of a low blow Matty. Not needed. 

First is a better question. I guess in terms of a proven track record over time he's less well-known. I guess to less interested owners and less interested fans he would be less known. Do a poll at Ewood last year and I reckon a fair chunk couldn't answer who was Swansea manager. 

I mean obviously you hope that for your club those doing the appointments have their fingers on the pulse so to speak and are aware of everyone known and less well known - and such a candidate would be on their radar - but we are also aware that's totally not the case with us or necessarily with other clubs. 

Low blow? Behave 😄

He obviously wasn’t a well known manager generally, I mean if you asked a PL fan this time last year it would’ve been ‘Steve Who?’

But at this level? Of course it would’ve been a progressive move if he’d have arrived here, but of course, we just limped on…

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Last August if you’d have come on this site and said that Cooper was joining Rovers I’d guarantee 75% of the people on here wouldn’t have known the first thing about him.

Well I knew plenty about him from his England coaching days and he won the under 17's world cup with England. 

Given that he was at Swansea for 2 years and he got them into the playoffs twice I would expect most footballing fans on here would know him. He is far from relative unknown but I watched alot of football and read alot about it. I guess whether you follow alot of football news outside of your club. 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I would suggested it more to do with the financially impact on the club if they do get relegation. Burnley ownership model cannot work in the championship

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would suggested it more to do with the financially impact on the club if they do get relegation. Burnley ownership model cannot work in the championship

"Dumbing down" for life in the championship?

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Last August if you’d have come on this site and said that Cooper was joining Rovers I’d guarantee 75% of the people on here wouldn’t have known the first thing about him.

I knew the great job he has done with the England under age groups

• Like 1