BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

1 hour ago, bazza said:

Yeah. Man Utd played York City in two league matches. How the mighty have fallen. (York that is).

Rovers haven't got Iniesta playing for them; one of the greatest midfield players of all time.

Along with xavi 

• Like 1

United were abysmal for large parts of that game. Bailed out again by Ronaldo. Imagine where they would be this season had they not signed him.

Chelsea will be kicking themselves, even though they can't go any further up the table. They had so much time and space on the ball and plenty of opportunities to win easily tonight. Alonso's goal reminded me of MGP. Good finish.

Everton's home form is very strong, 10 points out of the last 12 and only one goal conceded. There'll be twists and turns and shock results (like today's - although Chelsea are an odd team atm) but, with Brentford and Palace still to come at home, plus Watford away, you'd fancy them to get out of it.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Stonesrick said:

Everton 1 up v Chelsea.

We’re my eyes deceiving me or did Ricarlison just throw a flare back into the crowd?

If so, get ready for a ban.

I thought that too.

He didn't just lob it either, seemed to really give it some welly.

Was surprised ref didn't book him. Take your top off for 5 secs = yellow. Chuck a smoking flare with force = no problem. 

Makes perfect sense. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Everton beat Chelsea 1 nil. 

Their performance was full of passion and desire and playing for their fans and Lampard. 

Could Leeds go down? 

As we showed against Preston anybody can show passion and desire for 1 game.Lets see if they follow it up or do what we did and shit a brick the next game

15 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

As we showed against Preston anybody can show passion and desire for 1 game.Lets see if they follow it up or do what we did and shit a brick the next game

I get the feeling the players thought as long as we beat Preston we’ll be forgiven for playing like drains for the last two months. Win that and we can get the deck chairs out. We never needed that bonus anyway.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I get the feeling the players thought as long as we beat Preston we’ll be forgiven for playing like drains for the last two months. Win that and we can get the deck chairs out. We never needed that bonus anyway.

I'll never forget when Strachan was at Coventry in the early years of the Prem  he said how do you motivate millionaires now its multi millionaires

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not the case at all Tyrone. The players tried their best yesterday but was beaten by the better team who was a class above us this team. 

11 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lol - we were down 2 weeks ago, it’s in our own hands now. Nervous? Not at all, we fight on.

Would you look to appoint Jackson permanent and would you be in favour of that or do you think he would be better as number 2 to the new manager? 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would you look to appoint Jackson permanent and would you be in favour of that or do you think he would be better as number 2 to the new manager? 

I personally wouldn’t appoint him. We’ve done well but that is basically working with a team and structure the previous manager built. We all know about the interims given the job full time after a decent start that just don’t work out.

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s going to be very close. I thought Leeds were out of it a while ago, now they’re back in it.

Very close indeed, still won’t allow myself to believe we will do it but at least we now do have a shot.

• Backroom
12 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lol - we were down 2 weeks ago, it’s in our own hands now. Nervous? Not at all, we fight on.

If you aren't feeling nervous about a tight relegation battle I'm not sure what the point is of following the sport. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I personally wouldn’t appoint him. We’ve done well but that is basically working with a team and structure the previous manager built. We all know about the interims given the job full time after a decent start that just don’t work out.

I think Jackson has done well and improve the team on what Dyche left. I think he deserve a place on the next manager's coaching staff

12 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Leeds, Everton and Burnley are fighting tooth and nail for every point. I’m hoping all 3 escape and either Soton of Brentford go down. It’s possible. 

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Leeds, Everton and Burnley are fighting tooth and nail for every point. I’m hoping all 3 escape and either Soton of Brentford go down. It’s possible. 

Which ever team will struggle the most to get back up will do me. We already know we’ll be competing with Norwich and Watford.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Which ever team will struggle the most to get back up will do me. We already know we’ll be competing with Norwich and Watford.

Increasingly it’s getting hard to get out of the Championship. In theory there are 3 available places but in reality it’s down to one mostly.

Norwich will come back, they always do, I’d expect any of Leeds,Everton or Burnley to return immediately. The existing Championship teams can all fight in the play-offs for the one remaining place.

Parachute payments make it unfair (unless you chuck them away like we did)

• Like 3