BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

29 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Leeds will go down on goal difference, which would be a shame for them, but nobody else will be bothered! 
They’ve been unfortunate with injuries tk key players, but injuries happen to everyone else too!

Allied to the fact, Brentford massively picked up their form and Eriksen has also made a difference since signing….

Leeds have had no Bamford all season, and their playmaker Philips has also been out for the vast majority of the campaign. Not having either looks like it will cost them.

I have Wolves v. City on. De Bruyne is making a mockery of the Wolves team, although their keeper has had a nightmare. Not  letting balls through his legs type nightmare, but so shaky and his kicking has been pitiful.

One of the questions at the pub quiz down at my local last night was:

"How many current Premier League grounds have the word 'Road' in them?"

I did have to write down the names of every Prem team to get the answer, which was 3 - Norwich, Watford and Leeds, ironically, the bottom 3 teams. I then got to thinking about what if these 3 all went down. Looking at teams who are either going up or are in the play-offs,  unless Luton go up, next season there will be no PL grounds with the word 'Road' in them.

A completely useless statistic, but I wonder if that's ever been the case before?

Edited by windymiller7
poor English
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Anyone know why the Scousers were booing the National Anthem yesterday?...abhorrent behaviour.

They’ve done it every major final I’ve ever seen them in. Think it all stems from Hillsborough and a perception of the establishment vs the scouse nation. This perceived scouse not English mentality. Or to put it another way the self pity city 

• Like 7

• Backroom

As someone mainly Scottish (albeit born and bred in Darren), I have no love for the anthem in its current guise. It has verses celebrating the slaughter of my ancestors.

Booing our own anthem is fairly tame, although I do wonder if it would be prosecuted if done after this new Police, Crime, Sentencing, and Courts Bill.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

The Brazilian and Italian anthems are the best 

The Italian one is good but the instrumental bit reminds me of keeping up appearances every time I see a passionate rendition at the rugger or footy I can only picture mrs bucket with a feather duster cleaning a phone.

Personally I like french although I’ll add the caveat they are my most loathed nation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

As someone mainly Scottish (albeit born and bred in Darren), I have no love for the anthem in its current guise. It has verses celebrating the slaughter of my ancestors.

Booing our own anthem is fairly tame, although I do wonder if it would be prosecuted if done after this new Police, Crime, Sentencing, and Courts Bill.

Only the rebellious ones. 😉 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I don't like the England players singing god save the queen.  We should have our own anthem. There'll always be an England or something 

Jerusalem should be our national anthem. Absolute banger. 

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Anyone know why the Scousers were booing the National Anthem yesterday?...abhorrent behaviour.

There’s a lot of Liverpudlians who genuinely say they are “scouse not English” and actively make a point of not supporting the national team. Weirdos. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Think ..... a ferry away....

As a Royalist I will stick with what we have and any anthem will offend someone in today's Woke UK.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

I don't like the England players singing god save the queen.  We should have our own anthem. There'll always be an England or something 

I think we should stick with God save the Queen and be proud that it is our national anthem. 

• Like 1

GSTQ/K will always be the royal and UK anthem, but I do think England needs its own anthem for sporting events as a differentiator.

And it is not without precedent, as Land of Hope and Glory is used for England at the Commonwealth Games, plus Jerusalem is played before play at Test matches…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6