BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

It's cringey as hell invading a pitch just because you've got to a play off final, you've not even won anything. Likewise fans of a team of Evertons stature celebrating staying up like that! Each to their own though, but if you have to do it don't be a dickhead goading or assaulting players or managers. None of that at Doncaster in fairness to my knowledge. It ain't fair to just blame young people either, it's clearly not just them! How do you stop it apart from putting the fences back up though, a handful of minimum wage stewards ain't gonna do much.

8 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Can’t see how Barnes’ in Saturday was a penalty and that wasn’t. Also if that is a red card the game really has gone, one footed, not high, wins the ball, minimal contact. Foul throw in the build up to their goal as well, he wasn’t even off the pitch.

I don’t think so, think we will need to win.

Absolutely agree. The water was well and truly muddied when the authorities tried to simplify the handball instruction. Along with offside, reckless/careless challenges, simulation etc etc.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, Silas said:

The other side of the altercation for full context (your description checks out):

Why are they so upset with Patrick Vieira? When he was playing he was a fearsome competitor, so I get why he would get under someone’s skin.

But as a manager? Pretty inoffensive if you ask me. Strange times.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Why are they so upset with Patrick Vieira? When he was playing he was a fearsome competitor, so I get why he would get under someone’s skin.

But as a manager? Pretty inoffensive if you ask me. Strange times.

A scrote is a scrote, doesn't matter who the opposition manager, players are etc, there'll always be knuckle draggers trying to have a go. Filming themselves while doing so of course, to show off to their mates. They're not even celebrating the win.

• Like 1

• Backroom
56 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Why are they so upset with Patrick Vieira? 

Think they're just upset at life. 

Never understand folk who are abusive whilst celebrating. 

I kind of understand it when you lose. You're angry and want to take it out on someone else.

He should be happy though. 

• Like 2

If the pitch invasion fad carries on one of the first casualties will be safe standing. It’s only in a trial phase and not universally popular. Despite being a really lazy and completely nonsense argument, scrapping it could easily be portrayed as a quick fix and would grab headlines.

9 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I'll be blunt here, very blunt. 

Total disrespect from younger folks mixed in with drugs and alcohol. Mainly drugs.... UK is rife with it and its not going to get better any time soon. 

Fucking morons who deserve a shite life. 

A lack of respect and a sense of entitlement . Also, the “What are you going to do about it?” culture.

It’s the same working on the Railway. Anti - social behaviour and aggression towards staff are on the increase.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, martonrover said:

A lack of respect and a sense of entitlement . Also, the “What are you going to do about it?” culture.

It’s the same working on the Railway. Anti - social behaviour and aggression towards staff are on the increase.

There’s too many people in this world that think they can provoke people and not expect a physical response. Recently I saw a video of some 20-something in Mike Tyson’s face on a flight, screaming at him and demanding photos… then surprised when Mike Tyson punched him! Same applies here based on Silas video. 

Actually whilst we’re on it, the players need to take some responsibility as well. When Johnson scored for Forest against Sheff United, he made a b-line to run to the Sheff United end shushing them with his hand cupped to his ears. I tried to find some existing history between him and the Sheff Utd fans and couldn’t find any. I’m surprised that sort of a celebration is allowed - he was playing at home and 85% of the crowd where supporting him, why is he deliberately provoking the away fans? I won’t condone it but I can see why people are offended and retaliate to that sort of thing. 

• Like 3

• Backroom

Kind of unrelated but parents need to stop letting kids run on the pitch shirt begging, imagine if everyone did that 

No sympathy for fans that catch a slap or worse like the Viera and McBurnie ones, the players and managers are in their workplace and could easily feel threatened in that situation 

Managers have to help here - they can instruct their players not to goad away fans. Any transgressions and the player gets hit with a big fine. 

And the clubs have to act too. Those Everton fans goading Vieira are easily identifiable - they should be banned from the club for life. In fact, anyone who goes on the pitch should be at risk of a ban. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
58 minutes ago, J*B said:

There’s too many people in this world that think they can provoke people and not expect a physical response. Recently I saw a video of some 20-something in Mike Tyson’s face on a flight, screaming at him and demanding photos… then surprised when Mike Tyson punched him! Same applies here based on Silas video. 

He predicted the way it was going in 2020 too:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

No he jumped for a ball and caught the player with his elbow accidentally. He only had eyes for the ball.

I don’t think  “ accidental “ and “ common sense “  comes into it anymore.

My rugby league team had a similar incident last weekend. Our opponents winger is running at our winger, he tries to sidestep, looses his footing and slips over. Our guy was making the tackle around the waist/chest area. As a result of the slip he grabs the guy higher than he wanted to. Complete accident, nobody hurt etc. The very young “ elite path “ referee gives a penalty “ contact with an opponents head “. No common sense involved - thems the rules.

One of our other guys has a word with the ref and gets 10 minutes in the sin bin for his trouble. They score 2 converted tries while he’s off and the game has gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Actually whilst we’re on it, the players need to take some responsibility as well. When Johnson scored for Forest against Sheff United, he made a b-line to run to the Sheff United end shushing them with his hand cupped to his ears. I tried to find some existing history between him and the Sheff Utd fans and couldn’t find any. I’m surprised that sort of a celebration is allowed - he was playing at home and 85% of the crowd where supporting him, why is he deliberately provoking the away fans? I won’t condone it but I can see why people are offended and retaliate to that sort of thing. 

I used to have a soft spot for Forest from when they were European champions back in the day under Clough.

Not so much lately.

They have a couple of players - Johnson and Garner - who think they're something special. Cloughie would have given them a slap.

• Like 3

Isn’t football about entertainment?

Goading away fans , pantomime villians , why would we want that to stop ?

I love it when fans give stick to players and the players cup there ear 😂

the adebayor knee slide, the shush celebration , it’s all abit of fun

equally fans should be able to give a bit , granted the hissing , racism , nazi salutes etc are pathetic , to much and should be banned but there has to be some banter, hatred to ex players , divers , dog kickers etc.

And I love a pitch invasion, Doncaster was incredible and one of the best nights of my life. Yeah, we went on to early and that needs to stop but no one was punching and goading just euphoria and thankfulness to a team who had a done well.

I don’t see a way around the pitch invasion other than putting a stop to it though as has been seen this week. Players and managers shouldn’t be fearful doing there job but there is a place for a pitch invasion done properly.

The game as a whole is sanitised enough without being able to make proper tackles etc , let’s not ruin the other side of it and get everyone to sit in silence on there hands. 

Smoking, drinking and offensive gestures have been stopped . The smoking and offensive gestures I understand. But not being able to have a pint , come on. Swearing will be next because it’s a family venue . Then no bottles at all invade they get thrown . No banners 😉. It will just go on and on. If we chip away to much there won’t be anything left but a chess game played by German managers in silence 😅😂

• Like 1

Each to there own. I thought it was the icing on the cake

Pitch invasions have been happening ever since rovers where playing darwen in the 1800s . Let’s not pretend it’s a new phenomenon because of phones and social media

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Each to there own. I thought it was the icing on the cake

Pitch invasions have been happening ever since rovers where playing darwen in the 1800s . Let’s not pretend it’s a new phenomenon because of phones and social media

To the level we are seeing now very much is a change from twenty years ago, I.e even after winning a semi final, that means bugger all in itself. You rarely saw them from the mid 90s until the last few years. I.e why didn’t we end up on the pitch after going up at Deepdale? Winning the League Cup semi final? After winning the bloody Premier League! Yet ended up on the pitch twice in one week after Doncaster and Oxford in League 1 of all places?

Smart phones and social media are very much a major reason to why they have come back in a big way.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t think  “ accidental “ and “ common sense “  comes into it anymore.

My rugby league team had a similar incident last weekend. Our opponents winger is running at our winger, he tries to sidestep, looses his footing and slips over. Our guy was making the tackle around the waist/chest area. As a result of the slip he grabs the guy higher than he wanted to. Complete accident, nobody hurt etc. The very young “ elite path “ referee gives a penalty “ contact with an opponents head “. No common sense involved - thems the rules.

One of our other guys has a word with the ref and gets 10 minutes in the sin bin for his trouble. They score 2 converted tries while he’s off and the game has gone.

Yeah fair enough, maybe we got lucky with it considering that context.

6 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I used to have a soft spot for Forest from when they were European champions back in the day under Clough.

Not so much lately.

They have a couple of players - Johnson and Garner - who think they're something special. Cloughie would have given them a slap.

Add Spence to the list of Forest irritants, good player that he and the others are they are smart arses.

• Like 2