BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That red card was hilarious.

Subbed on, scored an incredible header, booked for taking his shirt off then a minute later booked again for a sloppy tackle.

What a moron. 

What stupid rules!

Just watched the highlights of todays games on MOTD. So you’re down to ten men and you score the equaliser, if you’re an idiot you take your shirt off and get booked. Then if you’re a complete moron you go in on the trickiest player on the pitch and dangle a leg out for him to go over and leave your team mates to battle on and lose the game with 9 men. 

I’d fine him his wages for that. What goes on in their heads ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just watched the highlights of todays games on MOTD. So you’re down to ten men and you score the equaliser, if you’re an idiot you take your shirt off and get booked. Then if you’re a complete moron you go in on the trickiest player on the pitch and dangle a leg out for him to go over and leave your team mates to battle on and lose the game with 9 men. 

I’d fine him his wages for that. What goes on in their heads ?

Not a lot.

A normal club, I would agree with you, say a Leicester, as it would remind me of our own European campaigns and I’d think of the time of their lives their fans will be having. Southern clubs? No real opinion either way, good for them if they win one, I suppose.

However, Man Utd or Liverpool? No, nay, never! Don’t want their hordes of local plastics to have a sniff of any more reflected glory… so, Hala Madrid!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A normal club, I would agree with you, say a Leicester, as it would remind me of our own European campaigns and I’d think of the time of their lives their fans will be having. Southern clubs? No real opinion either way, good for them if they win one, I suppose.

However, Man Utd or Liverpool? No, nay, never! Don’t want their hordes of local plastics to have a sniff of any more reflected glory… so, Hala Madrid!

I'm sure the likes of Madrid and Barcelona have more than their own share of 'plastics'/tourist fans, to be fair.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Personally would never support a foreign side over a British Club in a Cup final.

I used to think like that when British teams were in the main English with several Scots, Welsh and Irish amongst them. Now that’s not the case. Both Madrid and Liverpool are full of foreign players.

I’m reminded of the comments of the head of NASA when the Russians launched their Sputnik satellite. The President said “ How have the Russians beaten us in the space race ? “ The guy from NASA said “ Well Mr President, their Germans are better than our Germans “.

10 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I'm sure the likes of Madrid and Barcelona have more than their own share of 'plastics'/tourist fans, to be fair.

Where we have an apartment in Spain the village has a Real Madrid social club and a Barcelona social club. They are packed out for games. The nearest two top teams are Granada and Malaga. You see the odd Granada shirt being worn but no Malaga kits.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Where we have an apartment in Spain the village has a Real Madrid social club and a Barcelona social club. They are packed out for games. The nearest two top teams are Granada and Malaga. You see the odd Granada shirt being worn but no Malaga kits.

I went to Andalusia last summer.

You are right, I never saw a Malaga shirt, but spent a few days across in Cadiz and you saw their yellow shirt and flag everywhere…

Liverpool's signing of Carvalho from Fulham seems part of a worrying trend of newly promoted sides getting raided before a chance to kick a ball in the new league. We saw it with Norwich selling Buendia, after promotion, to Villa. I think back to when Rovers were promoted in the early 2000s and what the consequences would have been for the team had one of Duff, Dunn or Jansen been sold. Even with effective substitutes, would Europe and the Worthington Cup have followed? It was inconceivable, at the time, though we knew, eventually, they'd move on, if successful. The growing divide is truly killing off the game as it was.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 3

City win the PL title with an old school goal.

Winger beats his man on the outside and crosses near the line to the far post for a headed goal.

They may well score a few more of these next season with Pep lauded for inventing playing with a tall striker as a target. What if he played another striker up front in a duo, maybe that's a stretch too far, and do some long ball percentages. The term would need changing say to distance directional passing.

It will take Klopp years to catch up with such inventive thinking by Pep.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Winger beats his man on the outside and crosses near the line to the far post for a headed goal.

They may well score a few more of these next season with Pep lauded for inventing playing with a tall striker as a target. What if he played another striker up front in a duo, maybe that's a stretch too far, and do some long ball percentages. The term would need changing say to distance directional passing.

This! I appreciate this so much. 

The other one is all these 6 yard tap ins they get - used to be just called "a poachers goal" now its peps magic. 

But you're right it will be distance directional passing to the guy with vertical dominance where as under the likes of big Sam it's called "lump it up to the lanky prick" 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It’s still the hardest situation to defend against. The guy coming in on the back post has the drop on the defender. He can see the ball and the defender. All the defender can see is the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

goal hanging used to get you an extended bout of goalkeeping in our school yard,nobody liked going in the nets,it was for the useless fat kids who were crap or the oddballs who did`nt like football and got forced to play,there was no mercy in the 80`s school yard😁

Spot on!

16 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s still the hardest situation to defend against. The guy coming in on the back post has the drop on the defender. He can see the ball and the defender. All the defender can see is the ball.

The 6 yard tap-ins that Pep is being lauded for are nowt new, as a 12 year old schoolboy winger I was putting them across to our goal-line tarts on a regular basis.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The 6 yard tap-ins that Pep is being lauded for are nowt new, as a 12 year old schoolboy winger I was putting them across to our goal-line tarts on a regular basis.

For the older audience : Sniffer Clarke.

• Like 2