BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

That point will save Burnley.

I expect Leeds and Burnley to both lose their last game unless, and unlikely under their current manager, Brentford don't turn up. They have been known to do that ......

Well done Everton, good game to watch, plus whoever wants a Palace win forgets too easily.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

Burnley will stay up on goal difference. Leeds won’t get anything from Brentford, Burnley won’t even need to win.

(I hope I’m wrong, obviously!)

11 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Pope kept Bunlah in that game with some great saves.

Whinging Gobshytes... Premier league corrupt as fook 🤣

Can’t see how Barnes’ in Saturday was a penalty and that wasn’t. Also if that is a red card the game really has gone, one footed, not high, wins the ball, minimal contact. Foul throw in the build up to their goal as well, he wasn’t even off the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think that’ll be enough. I can’t see Leeds getting anything at Brentford.

I don’t think so, think we will need to win.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Can’t see how Barnes’ in Saturday was a penalty and that wasn’t. Also if that is a red card the game really has gone, one footed, not high, wins the ball, minimal contact. Foul throw in the build up to their goal as well, he wasn’t even off the pitch.

I haven’t seen the incident. I’ve seen tackles in current football that wouldn’t have even been a foul back in the day get a red card now. The game has gone, you’re right.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Was a foul throw and a yellow not a red but that miss by your centre forward could cost you.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I mean technically your lad elbowed Mings in the head, so I wouldn't complain about VAR too much, eh?

Pitch invasions seem to be common place at the moment and many seem to be turning very sour. Its hardly the great escape, Lampard took over in 16th and they are 16th now. I wonder if the owners will shake Lampards hand and go for an upgrade in the summer or just stick with him.

This could go in any number of forums really but I might as well stick it here.

I really don't get the recent spate of pitch invasions. Seems to be the latest go-to fad now that crowds are back in the proper sense. It was a seeming increase in general unruliness to start with, then flares everywhere, now this; with added assault and whatever else for flavour. The way we're going there'll be a night of rioting when someone gets a last minute equaliser chalked off next season.

I don't want to sound old - I can just about remember Cardiff in 2002! - but it really puts me off does this kind of thing. I love away days, passionate crowds and whatever else but lately it's seems like there's loads of ****heads on god knows what trying to get a kick or a decent Insta story or whatever by doing random, pointless shit.

Edit - I will also say, I dread to think what the potential solutions are if this starts to get properly out of hand...

Edited by GHR
  • Like 1

Like everything else, it’s down to social media and smart phones. ‘Look at me’ and general follow the leader once one invasion goes viral.

In the 90s and 2000s pitch invasions had pretty much gone out of the game, you’d see it an odd time in the lower leagues and think ‘wow, old school’.

Like you said, all our great days prior to social media you never saw a Rovers fan on the pitch… then in 2018 two invasions in a week after the mighty achievement of finishing second in the third division… with phones in hand for most of them charging on.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, GHR said:

I really don't get the recent spate of pitch invasions. Seems to be the latest go-to fad now that crowds are back in the proper sense. It was a seeming increase in general unruliness to start with, then flares everywhere, now this; with added assault and whatever else for flavour. The way we're going there'll be a night of rioting when someone gets a last minute equaliser chalked off next season.

I don't want to sound old - I can just about remember Cardiff in 2002! - but it really puts me off does this kind of thing. I love away days, passionate crowds and whatever else but lately it's seems like there's loads of ****heads on god knows what trying to get a kick or a decent Insta story or whatever by doing random, pointless shit.

Edit - I will also say, I dread to think what the potential solutions are if this starts to get properly out of hand...

I'll be blunt here, very blunt. 

Total disrespect from younger folks mixed in with drugs and alcohol. Mainly drugs.... UK is rife with it and its not going to get better any time soon. 

Fucking morons who deserve a shite life. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:
Good on Vieira for kicking the dickhead to the ground.

The other side of the altercation for full context (your description checks out):

Edited by Silas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GHR said:

This sort of stuff was rife in the 1970s and 1980s, resulting in the calamities at Heysel and elsewhere. The football authorities clamped down on it by making grounds all-seated and erecting fences around the pitch. Fences around the pitch: that's where we're heading if this becomes commonplace again. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

This sort of stuff was rife in the 1970s and 1980s, resulting in the calamities at Heysel and elsewhere. The football authorities clamped down on it by making grounds all-seated and erecting fences around the pitch. Fences around the pitch: that's where we're heading if this becomes commonplace again. 

Problems at Port Vale v Swindon also. 

Swindon players assaulted after the penalty shoot out and the inevitable pitch invasion. 

Sad times for our sport.