BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

This is one thread of many that folk are commenting on, the vast majority of said threads are about *their* club.

Said Dingles spend most of their time on their social media accounts talking about another club, not the one that’s just charged to promotion… bit sad that, ain’t it.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

This is one thread of many that folk are commenting on, the vast majority of said threads are about *their* club.

Said Dingles spend most of their time on their social media accounts talking about another club, not the one that’s just charged to promotion… bit sad that, ain’t it.

Are you honesty suggesting there aren’t Rovers fans all over Twitter etc ranting  about Burnley? Now whether this guy is a special kind of loon I don’t know but I do agree if they can’t just enjoy this last 13/14 years whilst we’ve had the upper hand then I am a little sad for them. 

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Ok, I guess we have different experiences.

Anyway here’s a corker from earlier in the season:

image.thumb.png.ee7bf6544b386b5ffef1b95aa725742d.png

Not sure that's the best example to portray obsessed.

You don't think it's maybe tongue in cheek? 3 matches in.

First time you'd been back in our league for a good while too. 

To try and say that Burnley fans don't have a bizarre and less than healthy obsession with Rovers is a lie. 

I've never come across this with any other supporters of any other club. 

Obviously there are elements of every fanbase that are like this but just like the dick head tough guys that follow every club, there is a much higher percentage of these types within the Burnley fanbase. 

I can honestly say the when we were winning actual trophies I didn't give Burnley a single thought. 

Also, if you're happy to buy tickets for that lot to sit in the home end then you're not really a proper fan are you? Fuck off.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Well he’s certainly not posted anything similar in a while.

BRFCS and you follow Rovers Twitter accounts. 

Think you should win our No.1 fan trophy at the end of season awards. 

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

To try and say that Burnley fans don't have a bizarre and less than healthy obsession with Rovers is a lie. 

Same with Rovers away fans, constant anti-Burnley chants. It's boorish and boring, and certainly isn't healthy

• Like 2

From my experience both sets of fans are obsessed with each other and always have been.

Main difference has always been and still is the 6 fingered lots morbid hysteria over Rovers crowds and away followings completely in ignorance at some of their own down the years.

As my Geordie supporting mate said listening to Burnley and Rovers argue over attendances is like two bald men fighting over a comb.  They have an attitude of Leeds Utd fans but have more in common size wise with Barnsley.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Same with Rovers away fans, constant anti-Burnley chants. It's boorish and boring, and certainly isn't healthy

I haven't been since the chicken chockers arrived. 

Sure, there was the odd Burnley chant but mostly we'd be singing about our great players, fantastic managers and proud history. 

Oh, wait......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

From my experience both sets of fans are obsessed with each other and always have been.

Main difference has always been and still is the 6 fingered lots morbid hysteria over Rovers crowds and away followings completely in ignorance at some of their own down the years.

As my Geordie supporting mate said listening to Burnley and Rovers argue over attendances is like two bald men fighting over a comb.  They have an attitude of Leeds Utd fans but have more in common size wise with Barnsley.

I’d say there’s not a massive issue with either clubs crowds considering the area we are situated in, demographics etc. Our main issue is a CEO maintaining a price structure at odds with reality.

We aren’t all as lucky as your mate to be in an entire region of England that only has three league clubs (once Hartlepool go down in the next week or so), stretching from the Scottish Borders into Yorkshire…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

It's bound to be a source of amusement to supporters of clubs who find huge crowds easy to come by constantly seeing the attempted Burnley willy waving.   Fans of bigger clubs tend to have real difficulty understanding the logic of demographics and geography.

Burnley fans have difficultly understanding the term 'catchment areas' also but it was ever thus.

Point is the real harcores of Rovers, Burnley, Preston has always been very very similar as is the upper limit to what we can all achieve given any success.

• Like 7