BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Videos doing the rounds of that lot singing Jack Walker songs on Friday. People ask why I hate them so much..... 

just imagine playing at home to the English and European champions, first game back in the Premiership and they’re foaming at the mouth over Blackburn Rovers and Jack Walker.

We are living rent free in those empty heads over there 👍 

Hilarious 🤣 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Gav said:

just imagine playing at home to the English and European champions, first game back in the Premiership and they’re foaming at the mouth over Blackburn Rovers and Jack Walker.

Hilarious 🤣 

This sums it up. As ever, the video comments have a few Dingles below rightfully criticising the perpetrators and reassuring everyone it's a minority, but recent visits to Turf Moor show it's a very large 'minority' and is in no way the tiny contingent they like to tell us. 

Also seen a few of their sadder fans resorting to abusing Sammie Szmodics on Twitter for the crime of posting about a game of football in a league below them with no Burnley involvement. His cutting reply forced a swift deletion of one of the offending tweets....

I really do feel for their more normal fans, they really do have a disproportionate amount of numpties amongst their support. 

On 12/08/2023 at 10:01, Mike E said:

In all seriousness, as embarrassing as their fans are as a whole, I felt like I saw enough about them to stay up over the course of the season.

Hope I’m wrong!

Got to admit, I agree with you. My housemate is a City fan (Former Rovers ST holder. Another Story...) and we were saying that Burnley were playing well and look like they have enough about them to stay up. It all depends on if the rot sets in. A few losses and confidence is lost or the novelty of playing in the premier league is over and it feels like more of a struggle than an opportunity. Seen it happy many times. Although very rarely after a good performance like they the Dingles put out (despite the score of course).

On 13/08/2023 at 13:46, Ossydave said:

Videos doing the rounds of that lot singing Jack Walker songs on Friday. People ask why I hate them so much..... 

I didn't sing it myself as I don't agree with that type of football banter but the Dingles were wondering why the Rovers fans were singing  "Rocky in a box" to them at Turf Morgue. What do you expect after two decades of celebrating our owner's death...

I suspect not agreeing to reverse the Luton fixture will harm them.

No game this weekend so will remain in the bottom 3.

Games coming up Villa, Spurs both H, Forest A Man U H, Newcastle...

Can see them getting stuck down there and when like that having a game in hand is not much use.

1) I think we'll finish 14/15th, won't live up to all of the hype but will be safe enough .... expect words like " consolidation ", " learning process " and " player development " ..

2) Yes, we do have more than our fair share of " Numpties " ... don't let them overshadow the fact the vast majority of us are just like most of you, perfectly sensible folk supporting their home town Club, enjoy the banter of our rivalry and have it in it's true perspective ...

3) In terms of completely " brainless " supporters, I once sat in the away end at the Turf surrounded by Bolton fans ( opening day of the 2012-13 season, my son had just left the Strength & Conditioning team at Bolton ). I doubt any of them within a 20 feet radius had a brain-cell between them ... an anthropologist would have had a field day ! We won 2-0 ... they weren't happy !

4) I wish all of you an enjoyable season, especially that bloke, whose soubriquet escapes me, who confidently predicted League 1 football for us around this time last year !!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

1) I think we'll finish 14/15th, won't live up to all of the hype but will be safe enough .... expect words like " consolidation ", " learning process " and " player development " ..

2) Yes, we do have more than our fair share of " Numpties " ... don't let them overshadow the fact the vast majority of us are just like most of you, perfectly sensible folk supporting their home town Club, enjoy the banter of our rivalry and have it in it's true perspective ...

3) In terms of completely " brainless " supporters, I once sat in the away end at the Turf surrounded by Bolton fans ( opening day of the 2012-13 season, my son had just left the Strength & Conditioning team at Bolton ). I doubt any of them within a 20 feet radius had a brain-cell between them ... an anthropologist would have had a field day ! We won 2-0 ... they weren't happy !

4) I wish all of you an enjoyable season, especially that bloke, whose soubriquet escapes me, who confidently predicted League 1 football for us around this time last year !!

I’ll give you a clue - Ch…

• Like 1

On 13/08/2023 at 14:55, Gav said:

Hilarious 🤣 

In fairness they wouldn't be able to charge much for lodgings anyway... 

1 hour ago, smiller14 said:

Sadly I am confident there will be at least 3 teams worse than the Dingles this year.

I don't know enough about their squad but Kompany seems to know what he's doing.

How do you know Kompany "seems to know what he's doing"? As far as I can see, in English football his only experience is winning Division 2 with about 50 times the cash of the rest of the league and getting pumped off City twice by naively trying to out play them....

1 hour ago, Displaced Rover said:

How do you know Kompany "seems to know what he's doing”? As far as I can see, in English football his only experience is winning Division 2 with about 50 times the cash of the rest of the league and getting pumped off City twice by naively trying to out play them....

Sky/BBC propaganda 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

How do you know Kompany "seems to know what he's doing"? As far as I can see, in English football his only experience is winning Division 2 with about 50 times the cash of the rest of the league and getting pumped off City twice by naively trying to out play them....

It's not really based on much empirical evidence, he just seems to conduct himself in a way that strikes me as someone who will do well. And yes, they did have a superior budget (although a lot of that generated by selling players), but he still did what other clubs in similar positions (Watford, Norwich amongst others) failed to do. Games against City won't judge their season. Given Sheffield United's fire sale and Luton being Luton, I only realistically see one spot up for grabs, with Wolves trying their best to fill it. 

I'm not proclaiming him to be the next Pep Guardiola or anything special, I just think they're in relatively safe hands and think there are 3 worse teams than them. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, and can promise that my assessment of Kompany is not based on BBC/Sky propaganda (I actively avoid anything Dingle related) - just a combination of gut instinct and pretty much everything I've heard of him from former team-mates and players who play under him - as well as second hand (possibly biased) assessments of his work at Anderlecht. I've been unfortunate enough to see some of the nauseating arse licking on social media and the painting their promotion as some sort of miracle - it's obviously some way off that. 

I hope he does shite and fails. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

It's not really based on much empirical evidence, he just seems to conduct himself in a way that strikes me as someone who will do well. And yes, they did have a superior budget (although a lot of that generated by selling players), but he still did what other clubs in similar positions (Watford, Norwich amongst others) failed to do. Games against City won't judge their season. Given Sheffield United's fire sale and Luton being Luton, I only realistically see one spot up for grabs, with Wolves trying their best to fill it. 

I'm not proclaiming him to be the next Pep Guardiola or anything special, I just think they're in relatively safe hands and think there are 3 worse teams than them. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, and can promise that my assessment of Kompany is not based on BBC/Sky propaganda (I actively avoid anything Dingle related) - just a combination of gut instinct and pretty much everything I've heard of him from former team-mates and players who play under him - as well as second hand (possibly biased) assessments of his work at Anderlecht. I've been unfortunate enough to see some of the nauseating arse licking on social media and the painting their promotion as some sort of miracle - it's obviously some way off that. 

I hope he does shite and fails. 

I wouldn't expect that it broke viewing records in the BB1-BB3 postcode areas, but Kompany comes across really well on the " Mission to Burnley " Documentaries .... 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I wouldn't expect that it broke viewing records in the BB1-BB3 postcode areas, but Kompany comes across really well on the " Mission to Burnley " Documentaries .... 

You'll be shocked to hear I haven't watched it, but remember thinking the same watching the City documentary a few years ago.

• Like 1