BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

Was he the young lad in midfield, Wharton? He was really good, I was surprised it was his debut, he looked very calm.  He might find Cork/Cullen/Brownhill a little more difficult to cope with but you’d imagine he has a bright future ahead of him.

Stonewall penalty mate. Not saying there weren’t other incidents with that player during the game but on that one, you would have been furious if the boot was on the other foot and the penalty wasn’t given - unlike the one where your lad took a dive in the box 😂

I’d have wondered what our guy was doing trying to wrestle the opposing centre half to the ground. I don’t have blue and white eyes but I honestly didn’t see that as a pen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Was he the young lad in midfield, Wharton? He was really good, I was surprised it was his debut, he looked very calm.  He might find Cork/Cullen/Brownhill a little more difficult to cope with but you’d imagine he has a bright future ahead of him.

Get over yourself, they're hardly Kendall/Harvey/Ball FFS!!

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Get over yourself, they're hardly Kendall/Harvey/Ball FFS!!

And Wharton isn’t Xavi, what is your point? We have 3 very good, very experienced centre mids who will be a tougher test for Wharton than Blackpool provided - if you can’t see that its you who needs to get over yourself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

And Wharton isn’t Xavi, what is your point? We have 3 very good, very experienced centre mids who will be a tougher test for Wharton than Blackpool provided - if you can’t see that its you who needs to get over yourself.

Nobody asked you what you thought about Wharton in relation to your 3 carthorses. 

And Wharton is better than Xavi was at 18. Fact.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Maybe not, but he's the Wilpshire Pirlo 🙂

Incidentally I'm almost certain I saw a very young Xavi play at Ewood for Barca in a friendly at the beginning of his career and he definitely wasn't as composed on the ball as Wharton is at the same age.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

We did something u couldn't beat them and kept a clean sheet.  I expect Burnley to finish in the top 2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Incidentally I'm almost certain I saw a very young Xavi play at Ewood for Barca in a friendly at the beginning of his career and he definitely wasn't as composed on the ball as Wharton is at the same age.

You did indeed. Garry Flitcroft had him on toast. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yes we beat Barcelona 3-2 in a friendly which included the likes of kluivert and I think Enrique 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bloody hell, Burnley have signed ANOTHER, Halil Dervisoglu, on loan from Brentford.

Seriously splashing the cash, I think that's 14 new players this window.

15 - however we’ve also lost 13 players and 3 of the 15 are only loans. Some suggestion of a German u21 centre half coming on loan as well.

19 minutes ago, roverandout said:

We did something u couldn't beat them and kept a clean sheet.  I expect Burnley to finish in the top 2

You did, and deservedly so - oddly to a degree you did to them what they did to us with the high press and forced errors at the back. I think top 2 will be from Sheff Utd, Norwich and Watford. It’s still early for us but so far we look like a reasonable bet for top 6.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bloody hell, Burnley have signed ANOTHER, Halil Dervisoglu, on loan from Brentford.

Seriously splashing the cash, I think that's 14 new players this window.

I know you need two for every position in this league but there comes a point when it’s really difficult to keep everyone happy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

@longsiders1882@sympatheticclaret@TheHistoryTeacher

Evening guys, you guys happy with your signings throughout this transfer window and is there any other position you think you need a signing that you haven't? 

What your expectation now? top 2 or top 6?

Pretty happy overall - though I’d have liked another striker instead of the one of the many wide forwards/wingers. We have a big job on but the team are ahead of where I expected. I’m more confident now of top 6 but nothing is nailed on. Top 2 I feel will be out of our reach.

What about yourselves, looks like BBD is staying, Wharton is a genuine prospect. You expecting top 2, top 6, doing the double over us?

8 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Pretty happy overall - though I’d have liked another striker instead of the one of the many wide forwards/wingers. We have a big job on but the team are ahead of where I expected. I’m more confident now of top 6 but nothing is nailed on. Top 2 I feel will be out of our reach.

What about yourselves, looks like BBD is staying, Wharton is a genuine prospect. You expecting top 2, top 6, doing the double over us?

I want to beat you in November and March. 

Challenging for top 6 is my ambition. As JDT and GB have said this project and we have to buy into this now

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@longsiders1882@sympatheticclaret@TheHistoryTeacher

Evening guys, you guys happy with your signings throughout this transfer window and is there any other position you think you need a signing that you haven't? 

What your expectation now? top 2 or top 6?

Pretty much what " Longsiders " said, to be honest ... and also to wake up tomorrow and find out that Josh Brownhill is still a Burnley player, he's been at the heart of a lot of good things so far this season.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I want to beat you in November and March. 

Challenging for top 6 is my ambition. As JDT and GB have said this project and we have to buy into this now

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m expecting Rovers to be in the top half. If our gang of young players maintain their progress a play off place isn’t out of the question. How quickly JDT learns the ropes at this level will be crucial.

So basically we are all talking down our prospects whilst secretly believing we are on course to win the league? 🙂

I think our overhaul has gone better than I expected so we should be targettng top 6 - though there are a number of clubs who will have a lot to say about that I'm sure

9 hours ago, booth said:

The mafia? He'll shit em.

He does look a real prospect, lets see how he does come November. At least as a local he will understand the importance of the game. 

Just now, longsiders1882 said:

So basically we are all talking down our prospects whilst secretly believing we are on course to win the league? 🙂

I think our overhaul has gone better than I expected so we should be targettng top 6 - though there are a number of clubs who will have a lot to say about that I'm sure

He does look a real prospect, lets see how he does come November. At least as a local he will understand the importance of the game. 

I’m not talking down our prospects. That’s my realistic expectation. As things stands now we are a mid table team . If the group of young players we have make significant progress we’ll be in with a shout of the play offs. There’s a hell of a lot of talent there but they’re young. Lots of things can happen with kids. If they don’t progress we’ll be building for next season again.

• Like 3