BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Utd (a) - 23/2/22 - Match Preview

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree there or even 4-4-2 

Do we want Ismael? Wouldn't suit us at all. But his tactics are awful. Like Pulis's tactics again

Where you complaining when we winning games and Buckley was playing false 9/10 role? 

We did sign a striker in Markanday but sadly he got injured. We have the squad we have gr

How do we know that Markanday would have been any better than Dolan, Poveda, Khadra ?

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No, but I dont think that replacing him and then a new manager would. I think Mowbray has us overachieving where we are.

Top 6 is not par for this team with these resources, it would be a brilliant achievement. If he doesnt manage it then change in the summer.

Our wage bill or squad isn't top 6 squad at all

10 hours ago, J*B said:

If (when) Boro win their game in hand we’re out the play offs for the season. 

What about game in hand on 4th place Huddersfield?

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If he doesnt make the top 6 come May, then let him go at the end of his contract. Although I suppose Venkys dont judge managers on results as they have proven throughout the last 11 horrible years.

It would crazy to sack him. 

Making Khadra take that penalty, reminded me of making Wilcox take the 1st penalty in the 1993 FA Cup quarter-final, also at Bramall Lane.

Totally, totally clueless.

And yes, both decisions were down to the manager and senior players.

NO COMPOSURE WHEN IT MATTERED, SINCE 29.12.2021.

When will it end....???

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We did sign a striker in Markanday but sadly he got injured. We have the squad we have gr

Markanday hasn't scored a single league or cup goal.

He's also a winger. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's a striker. Everyone's got Mowbrayitis.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Where you complaining when we winning games and Buckley was playing false 9/10 role? 

Yep, I was...Buckley was never going to spearhead a midfield promotion team..🤷‍♂️

We should have cut a deal with Newcastle for Gayle, not bought an untried no mark and gone all in for promotion....oh, and we should have bought whiteman last year when we had chance for relative peanuts.

Mowbray is a shit manager and had a bit of luck with Diaz.   No Diaz no idea

Edited by Sparks Rover

Set pieces were brutal last night. Khadra was ok, but when I saw him step up I thought, oh this is 50/50 at best. Then he puffed his cheeks out and I knew he would miss. Terrible penalty. 

All our set pieces were crap and wasted. Rothwell very guilty of this. 

Buckley is so poor in front of goal he needs to be taken away from being there and either Dolan or ideally Dack brought in. Maybe just swap him and Rothwell?

Gallagher is very frustrating to watch. He backed out of a few duels last night and turned his arse on a few clearances. Big soft spoilt lad, who is unable to use his size and has a decent shot, but goes games without hitting one, pointless forward offensively.

It was a sucker punch, but Mowbray only brought on 1 sub , wasn't it? He should have taken advantage of the extra man

Tough, tough result and could be season defining.  

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Yep, I was...Buckley was never going to spearhead a midfield promotion team..🤷‍♂️

We should have cut a deal with Newcastle for Gayle, not bought an untried no mark and gone all in for promotion....oh, and we should have bought whiteman last year when we had chance for relative peanuts.

Mowbray is a shit manager and had a bit of luck with Diaz.  

Maja looks like he would have made a difference too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Mowbray is a shit manager and had a bit of luck with Diaz.  

Remember you were saying we should have signed Ashley Fletcher, how's he getting on? 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Remember you were saying we should have signed Ashley Fletcher, how's he getting on? 

Yep, I'd would have in Jan...he's great at this level...Good shout.

He's doing same as Gayle.  Not playing for his Premier league team

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Set pieces were brutal last night. Khadra was ok, but when I saw him step up I thought, oh this is 50/50 at best. Then he puffed his cheeks out and I knew he would miss. Terrible penalty. 

All our set pieces were crap and wasted. Rothwell very guilty of this. 

Buckley is so poor in front of goal he needs to be taken away from being there and either Dolan or ideally Dack brought in. Maybe just swap him and Rothwell?

Gallagher is very frustrating to watch. He backed out of a few duels last night and turned his arse on a few clearances. Big soft spoilt lad, who is unable to use his size and has a decent shot, but goes games without hitting one, pointless forward offensively.

It was a sucker punch, but Mowbray only brought on 1 sub , wasn't it? He should have taken advantage of the extra man

Tough, tough result and could be season defining.  

Set pieces have been shit since Charlie left.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Khadra crossed one ball last night and it was embarassing. Buckley was outside the box and Gallagher was waiting at the back . This is what Gallagher does, he waits for the ball, makes no effort to compete 

Waiting for the ball up front will get you nowhere. You’ve got to be proactive.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, booth said:

Markanday hasn't scored a single league or cup goal.

He's also a winger. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's a striker. Everyone's got Mowbrayitis.

He can play anyway in front 3. 

5 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Our problem with possibly changing formation before Saturday is that we have one training session to work on it. 

Most of the squad know how we play in 4-3-3

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You were sacking him earlier this season.

Now he has promotion mix and top 6. Plus challenging for 2nd. 

Every team games ahead are tough. This race isn't over. 

I've not to overreaction to yesterday's game which we were better team 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Khadra crossed one ball last night and it was embarassing. Buckley was outside the box and Gallagher was waiting at the back . This is what Gallagher does, he waits for the ball, makes no effort to compete 

This.

We still have comrades on this board that think Gally should start.

I don't agree with them, and I would start Hedges ahead of him. 

By Saturday, we'll have posters defending Gally again. And when he is dropped, he'll magically become the prodigal messiah again, and not just in his uncle Tony's wet dreams....

• Like 2

Missing out on transfer targets isn’t a excuse it’s a failure by anyone involved particularly if you don’t move on to another target for the position that needs filling and get them! I’m absolutely sick of fans saying “but we offered x for him” or “we wanted x but he joined x instead” that is a recruitment failure no matter how they try to dress it up - unless you can say “so we got x instead”. We blew it in Jan and very naively / bizarrely didn’t think we needed to strengthen all over to get promotion.

3 hours ago, yankfan said:

Let’s be honest when we conceded that corner in extra time every single one of us knew this was where we were going to lose it. We hoped we’d be wrong but in our hearts we all knew it was inevitable. 

When it went out for a corner I texted my lad.

It said Nooooooo.

Yes, you could see it coming. 

• Like 1