BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Masters football returns

As we all probably know the good old masters football is returning with regional tournaments starting next year. If you have a r recollection of the old tournaments 2003 - 2011 rovers never did well so hopefully our modern veterans can do better. 

if they stick to the old format that sees 8 teams compete in groups of 4 which will likely be man United, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, rovers, Bolton, Burnley, and between Wigan, Preston and blackpool for the last spot, after not getting round to attending the old tournaments I’m pleased myself that I will get the chance again, hopefully being a yearly thing. 

who would be in your rovers squad ? Must be 35+ 6 a side three subs also take into account they need to be a fit as poss 

GK friedel 

DEF hendry 

DEF samba 

MID dunn

MID tugay 

ST Jansen 

subs nelsen, MGP, Johnson 

• Backroom

Dunn is a shoe in you’d imagine, I’d personally love to see Benni McCarthy, he loved a back heel at the best of times! 

Also Salgado is a must

Edited by Tom

For those putting Hendry in their side I know he still keeps relatively fit but he's 57 this year and would be giving 20 years to many of the participants and I think the 35-45 age bracket will be predominant. Sadly I think most of our premier league players will be past it even for the masters tournament now.