BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, Danny O.Brien said:

If he's on say 20k a week at Liverpool. We can offer around that plus a rise if promoted. Plus he'll be desperate to play football again.

Yes. Or take him on loan with option to buy and pay £20k with Liverpool topping him up.

Hes literally never played for Liverpool and it doesn't sound like many clubs are in for him so this sounds like a potential go-er.

30 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

Was it definately 22k per week we offered him?
That isn't too bad in all honesty, I still had assumed we were trying to screw him over to the tune of around 10 or 15k per week.

Someone I know from back in Ireland knows Lenihen personally.I asked him last season to ask him about the contract situation but he wouldn't talk about it whilst his future was undecided.

He asked him again after he has agreed with Boro.Last contract offer was 22k but he had already decided on joining Wilder. 

Would have signed it earlier in the year if the offer was as high as we eventually offered 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Billionaire owners eh......

It was pointed out last season that Mowbray missed out on all his original loan tagets, now you know why. It ended up really well with Van Hecke, thats testament to the manager and his scouting team, but again we find ourselves unable to compete in the loan market as well as the transfer market.

I'm sure JDT knew the constraints he's be working under when he signed, how long he'll put up with this is anyone's guess.....

He appears an ambitious individual,doubt he will stick around for long if he feels he's having the piss taken out of him by apathetic billionaire Owners indeed...

Some Twelve years on and I believe the Pune Loons still dont know their Arse from their Elbow where Rovers are concerned.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rigger said:

Firstly, I would be selling the Rovers and our ambitions to the player. Make him want to join the Rovers first, then negotiate on the money.

Real solid ambitions or just half arsed sound bites from those within the Club looking to feather their own Nests?..player's Agents will have their Ears to the Ground and will be more than aware of the Ewood Park Circus show.Becoming harder and harder to attract top talent here.

You see the real and present problem ?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

54 minutes ago, phili said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he was. Below average wage and they were in a bind when they signed him.

It's just a shock to us with being out of the premier League for 12 years

They weren't in that much of a bind as Klopp preferred Williams and Phillips to him.

Its just not logical for Liverpool to have offered him 60k per week when he would have walked barefoot over broken glass to join them.

At the time it was strongly rumoured he had decided to join Celtic when his contract was up, do they play signings from the Championship that much per week?I have my doubts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Real solid ambitions or  just sound bites from those within the Club looking to feather their own Nests?..player's Agents will have their Ears to the Ground and will be more than aware of the Ewood Park Circus show.Becoming harder and harder to attract top talent here.

You see the problem here?

I agree there is a problem getting players to sign for us. What I was trying to show, is a way that maybe this problem we have, could be nulified or at least reduced.

I don't believe in just saying, "yes we have a problem" .

35 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I'm sceptical we could afford Davies on a permanent deal. Davies has three years left to run on his contract. Not sure what he's on, but I doubt we'd be topping it, which makes me think even Davies wouldn't want it to be permanent so that he can keep picking up his Premier League salary.

Either way, he'd be a great signing for us. While it's disappointing that we haven't brought anybody in, I'm happy with the quality of names that we have been linked with. We've been nowhere near these types of signings in the recent past, and I'd like to think we are genuinely close to a couple of them.

Let's say he is on £30k per week.We were prepared to pay Lenihen £22k per week.

So Liverpool would have to pay off the remaining 8k per week of his wage in a pay off or they come to some sort of agreement and he gets paid off a portion of it.If a permanent the transfer fee would cover whatever they have to pay him off.

Unless he is actually on a ridiculous amount like £60k per week, is he really going to want to be loaned out to a different club every year for the next 3?

Before anyone dreams of getting a permanent transfer of a Liverpool player, have a quick look at how much they sell their squad players for. They're masters at selling squad players for fortunes. Maybe this guy might be an exception, but I bet they're at least asking double what they paid for him. Personally I don't know how I feel about this one, we need good players in the door, loans are ok for good players but using our budget on players that aren't assets to sell in the future seems at odds with the principles of this new project. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Neal said:

Before anyone dreams of getting a permanent transfer of a Liverpool player, have a quick look at how much they sell their squad players for. They're masters at selling squad players for fortunes. Maybe this guy might be an exception, but I bet they're at least asking double what they paid for him. Personally I don't know how I feel about this one, we need good players in the door, loans are ok for good players but using our budget on players that aren't assets to sell in the future seems at odds with the principles of this new project. 

I think he will be an exception to be honest. A player who was never Liverpool standard bought in a panic and who hasn't made a single appearance for the club in 18 months, even during an injury crisis. They won't give him away if they can help it, but it's a world away from a promising youngster who hasn't quite managed to break through into a great side (who like you say, they tend to sell for big money). 

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

!7 days to go to the big kick off.

Players out the door - 5 first team automatic selections and 5 first team squad players.

Players in - none.

IMO, totally shambolic.  Would love to know the thoughts of JDT and GB.  Didn't necessarily expect things to go off like a house on fire but feck me, I think the owners and Waggott should hang their heads in shame - it's an embarrassment.

Think Davies would be a good signing.  need to recognise Liverpool do drive a hard bargain and get big bucks on the sale of players who aren't quite at their races.  I think we do pay loan fees for players and my understanding is Tosin from City cost us mega bucks by our standards.  GB brought in as DOF and needs to earn his spurs and show he too is a hard nosed businessman - he needs to either sh1t or get off the pot.  Rovers can't afford to carry passengers or have folk learning on the job and costing us dearly. 

Who are the five first team automatic selections, who are out of the door ?

Edited by rigger

17 minutes ago, Neal said:

The one thing in our favour is he has literally never played a competitive game for Liverpool and joined for only £500k. So could be looking for very little for him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

!7 days to go to the big kick off.

Players out the door - 5 first team automatic selections and 5 first team squad players.

Players in - none.

IMO, totally shambolic.  Would love to know the thoughts of JDT and GB.  Didn't necessarily expect things to go off like a house on fire but feck me, I think the owners and Waggott should hang their heads in shame - it's an embarrassment.

Think Davies would be a good signing.  Need to recognise Liverpool do drive a hard bargain and get big bucks on the sale of players who aren't quite at their races.  I think we do pay loan fees for players and my understanding is Tosin from City cost us mega bucks by our standards.  GB brought in as DOF and needs to earn his spurs and show he too is a hard nosed businessman - he needs to either sh1t or get off the pot.  Rovers can't afford to carry passengers or have folk learning on the job and costing us dearly. 

absolutely bang on another window and another rovers omnishambles

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Nyambe, Lenihan, Van Hecke, Rothwell and Khadri.

Van Hecke and Khadri weren't our players, so they would not be starters this season. Rothwell and Nyambe would have been in and out of the team dependant on how the manager wanted the team to play. I'll give you Lenihan.

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Who's to blame? 

I can't blame GB or JDT - Waggot is who I blame

I wouldn't blame GB or JDT, i think the blame is with the two that run the club on the owners behalf, deals seem to fall down at that stage..........

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

Van Hecke and Khadri weren't our players, so they would not be starters this season. Rothwell and Nyambe would have been in and out of the team dependant on how the manager wanted the team to play. I'll give you Lenihan.

Does it matter if they weren’t our players? The point he’s making is we’ve lost 5 players from our Starting Eleven last season and haven’t yet replaced even one of them. Which is a bit of a disgrace. 

Edited by Butty
Typo
  • Like 9

Davies looks a very good player by our standards ,and probably better than Lenihan.

Unfortunately Liverpool are just about the worst club of 92(and yes ill include the dingles) to have to deal with on transfers/players....look what they got for Coutinho?).

Honestly though, Id be happy just to get in three defenders aka a reserve goalie, a quality centre-half and a decent right-back/wing-back. Midfielders and forwards are probably a luxury we cant afford at this time. 

35 minutes ago, rigger said:

Gotta say - that is a positive spin - on what I find a worrying situation 😁

30 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I wouldn't blame GB or JDT, i think the blame is with the two that run the club on the owners behalf, deals seem to fall down at that stage..........

I should think it comes down to being outbid on targets by other clubs. That's certainly what happened with Ahmedhodzic. As much as Waggott is an odious toad, not sure that's his fault, more a budget issue.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Honestly though, Id be happy just to get in three defenders aka a reserve goalie, a quality centre-half and a decent right-back/wing-back. Midfielders and forwards are probably a luxury we cant afford at this time. 

Christ, I hope not! We are a bit buggered if we don't recruit in midfield and attack. Besides, GB or JDT (unless it was just an LT assumption) have talked about wanting about 6 players.