BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

59 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

It appears you're tending not to worry about things that HAVE happened as well... like 5 of our regular starters from last season leaving the club.  Loans not being relevant as you tried to suggest before is a nonsense, as is telling us Rothwell and Nyambe would have been bit-part... that's just a baseless comment. 

I appreciate people are trying to remain positive and patient, but I think it's important we stick to the facts as well.   

The facts also include that fact that loan players leave at the end of the previous season and the next batch usually arrive at the back end of the window. So that’s two of the five I’m not worried about as it’s inevitable at this point in time.

I’m not that worried about Rothwell going either.

9 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

The facts also include that fact that loan players leave at the end of the previous season and the next batch usually arrive at the back end of the window. So that’s two of the five I’m not worried about as it’s inevitable at this point in time.

I’m not that worried about Rothwell going either.

The annual exodus of loan players  leaving is only something not to worry about if none of them excelled.

Given how good JPVH was last year for us I would suggest it is a massive worry if he isn't replaced with similar quality, especially with Lenihan leaving. Khedra less so, but even he still had his moments.

The ones  that came in January I'd agree on.

17 minutes ago, pomster said:

That lemon drizzle cake eater must be laughing his cock off, leaving the club in the shite the way he has

The only person laughing his cock off I suspect is Balaji Rao and any associates who still manage to see most of the justified blame deflected away from them.

Mowbray needed to go but he left us in a better place than he inherited us and he announced his decision to go well in advance of the season ending.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The only person laughing his cock off I suspect is Balaji Rao and any associates who still manage to see most of the justified blame deflected away from them.

Mowbray needed to go but he left us in a better place than he inherited us and he announced his decision to go well in advance of the season ending.

He found us with a bang average squad in the championship and left us with the same🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Screenshot_20220713-205602_Twitter.jpg

At 23 still a fairly young striker...but the season before last, he played in the Championship for Rotherham. 31 games...with no goals! Hope he was being played out of position or something if we're interested, because that's a terrible return for a striker. In fact it's no return.

Did better last season with Portsmouth, 13 in 40, but in League One. Has had good goal returns for England youth teams up to U20s. On paper it's a no thanks from me.

No idea if the source has any credibility.

Edited by bluebruce

Just now, bluebruce said:

At 23 still a fairly young striker...but the season before last, he played in the Championship for Rotherham. 31 games...with no goals! Hope he was being played out of position or something if we're interested, because that's a terrible return for a striker. In fact it's no return.

Did better last season with Portsmouth, 13 in 40, but in League One. Has had good goal returns for England youth teams up to U20s. On paper it's a no thanks from me.

Aye…we’re probably better off using Vale.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No idea if the source has any credibility.

Is he David Hirst son?

Be p*ssed off to see Khadra go Sheff Utd. Seeing them sign the centre half we wanted and now Khadra hurts. Seems like no one of any decent quality wants to come to us. Kicking it off with a loan of someone who will probably do ok for us and then sign for someone else with more ambition the following season is going to p*ss me off even more. Any loan should have a view to buy clause included at least. 

What a sh*te transfer window so far. 

• Like 6

Just now, Neal said:

Be p*ssed off to see Khadra go Sheff Utd. Seeing them sign the centre half we wanted and now Khadra hurts. Seems like no one of any decent quality wants to come to us. Kicking it off with a loan of someone who will probably do ok for us and then sign for someone else with more ambition the following season is going to p*ss me off even more. Any loan should have a view to buy clause included at least. 

i would`nt worry about khadra,we`ve got bigger issues to deal with

1 minute ago, Neal said:

I'm not convinced that we wanted Khadra back, our name was always lumped in with a number of others presumably because he was here last season.

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt worry about khadra,we`ve got bigger issues to deal with

I don't disagree that there are other areas of the squad that require more attention but I just think that he's a top talent, who can be coached into being one of the best players in the league. No questioning his ability, down to his attitude if fulfills his potential. At the right price I would have loved to have him here and would have without doubt made us more of a threat going forward. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I'm not convinced that we wanted Khadra back, our name was always lumped in with a number of others presumably because he was here last season.

It probably never was, doesn't help when you're paying in smarties. 

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

I don't disagree that there are other areas of the squad that require more attention but I just think that he's a top talent, who can be coached into being one of the best players in the league. No questioning his ability, down to his attitude if fulfills his potential. At the right price I would have loved to have him here and would have without doubt made us more of a threat going forward. 

i was`nt to impressed tbh,quick yes,aware no,always made the wrong decision as well,to many times for me to ever consider him a potential good player

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Would anybody be surprised if we signed nobody at all ?

I wouldn't.

Before the deadline? Yes, I'd be very surprised.

Would I be surprised if we only brought in say 3, rather than the 6 we need? Not particularly.

• Like 1