BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Think its clear Brittain is just another name that has been thrown out there as window dressing.

For this one, i'm going to predict the fee is a "problem" before he signs for someone else for an undisclosed one.

• Like 2

Knowing our current finances etc, we should really be offering 3 mil or so for the Brittain, Styles and Helik and test their resolve. If that's our entire budget for permanent signings then so be it, we can use loans elsewhere.

All 3 are young enough to fit the buy and re-sell model and whilst also improving our starting XI.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any signs of us having a £3million transfer kitty.

Yeah word will be getting back to those in charge that people are not happy with the lack of movement and business.

Concern is setting in with 0 signings and the season a week away, especially with the news on Nyambe this week.

Surprise surprise along comes a link to a decent player who would cost a decent fee. That will shut people up for a week. Of course it is very easy to leak it to the media crew that we are interested, quite another thing to go out, pay a 7 figure transfer fee and get it done.

As I keep on saying - talk costs nothing - what matters is getting business done and I'm afraid there are a lot of hurdles with this sort of deal.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What we do is put a bid in of less than the asking price. It leaks to the press that we are interested. The seller wants more so then begins a long process of negotiation or the offer is refused and we are no further along.

Then even if the offer gets accepted and we can speak to the player we have to be able to agree personal terms and wages. How we do that with a wage 'structure' like this I'm not sure.

But all the while these names are circulating in the press when in practice we could be well away from actually getting anything done.

Jam tomorrow. 

Can we stop with the stupid conspiracy theories like this please.

I don’t think we need many signings but now hoping we make some just to save me reading this every single day.

• Like 7

If they can somehow manage to do a deal with Barnsley for Brittain for a decent fee then they should really be going back for Styles and Helik. Both internationals and out of contract next season. Just get it done, they're there for the taking. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Can we stop with the stupid conspiracy theories like this please.

I don’t think we need many signings but now hoping we make some just to save me reading this every single day.

Scientists always state there is no such thing as fact, just a theory that is yet to be disproven.  I'm sure JH is looking forward to his theory being blown completely out of the water.... it certainly hasn't been yet!  

Speaking of theories.... Chaddy goes to see Waggott on Monday afternoon.   Rumours surface yesterday that our impending Head of Recruitment appointment has fallen through.... this morning we're linked to a player Chaddy has been touting as a good signing for months and months.... 

Safe to say I'm expecting a Twitter announcement very soon.   Welcome our new Head of Recruitment! 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Callum Brittain.

Seems very do-able with Barnsley recently relegated and likely to have wages below what we could do anyway. 

Looking at the news there don't seem to be a lot of rumours about him and other clubs so maybe we will have a good run at him?

10 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Knowing our current finances etc, we should really be offering 3 mil or so for the Brittain, Styles and Helik and test their resolve. If that's our entire budget for permanent signings then so be it, we can use loans elsewhere.

All 3 are young enough to fit the buy and re-sell model and whilst also improving our starting XI.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any signs of us having a £3million transfer kitty.

Don't mind one, but i'm not sure we should be going out and getting 3 players from the same club that have just been relegated.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Don't mind one, but i'm not sure we should be going out and getting 3 players from the same club that have just been relegated.

All 3 played a big role in getting Barnsley into the top 6 the previous season something Lenihen, Nyambe and Rothwell couldn't manage in their time here. 

All 3 would be excellent signings especially Styles 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Sad state of affairs.

All 3 are better than what's currently here. So I'd agree, it is a sad state of affairs!

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Maybe a tad unfair. They were in the playoffs last year but lost their manager where it seems it all fell apart for them. Those 3 are certainly the best of what they've got and have achieved more in this league than us since we've been relegated. 

46 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Chaddy has gone awfully quiet since yesterday.

I imagine he's sat at home with a bottle of Waggots koolaid in one hand, phone in the other pestering all the local journos on twitter whilst in his pants with an ITK tshirt on.

Phew! I feared a different word would be typed, there.

• Like 2