BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

JDT will be judged on results, which is how it should be. Not how he talks, who he signs or how many academy players he puts in his squad.

Get off to a poor start and he's under pressure. No amount of excuses will protect him from that. Doesn't matter when he was appointed, FFP rules or how unfair life is, if results aren't good enough he will be judged accordingly.

All this 'free pass' talk is ridiculous. This is professional football in a cut throat ruthless league and we are paying top end prices to watch it. Why the should I accept a season where results aren't important or is essentially written off from the start because we haven't got our recruitment sorted?

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

"Oven-ready." 🤮 

We need 4 players if we're to kick on - we've signed one. Apparently we have a highly thought of CM coming in on loan. 

Bring me Styles and a CF and I'm happy. I'm delerious if you bring in a quality CB too.

A CB isn't an option, it's an absolute necessity.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

"Oven-ready." 🤮 

We need 4 players if we're to kick on - we've signed one. Apparently we have a highly thought of CM coming in on loan. 

Bring me Styles and a CF and I'm happy. I'm delerious if you bring in a quality CB too.

The highly thought of CM is Tyler Morton from Liverpool, hopefully he’s more of an Elliott type than a Leighton Clarkson. 

21 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Links to players have gone very cold. As I said the other day, I'd be be beyond stunned if anyone was in the door before the weekend.

Yeah, it's gone back to being quite concerning tbh.

But it does seem like the CB deal was kept under wraps for a few weeks before any journo's got word?

Stuff deffo must be happening, the bids for the Peterborough lad only came into the public domain because their owner blabbed about it.

It's the complete void of links/news that gets filled with concern which is a problem (for us fans at least)

A new signing this week would be a big boost for all before the season kicks off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yeah, it's gone back to being quite concerning tbh.

But it does seem like the CB deal was kept under wraps for a few weeks before any journo's got word?

Stuff deffo must be happening, the bids for the Peterborough lad only came into the public domain because their owner blabbed about it.

It's the complete void of links/news that gets filled with concern which is a problem (for us fans at least)

A new signing this week would be a big boost for all before the season kicks off.

We definitely aren't just sitting on our arse playing with ourselves. The lack of noise doesn't concern me, but I do feel we need to be getting a player in before QPR really.

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT in the paper this morning saying we need Ayala on the pitch, not inside. I'd imagine he's saying that more in hope than expectation. 

I'd be very scared going into the season with just Ayala, Wharton and Carter.

With Barnes and Phillips looking so good I wouldn't. Though hopefully we sign JPVH. 

1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

With Barnes and Phillips looking so good I wouldn't. Though hopefully we sign JPVH. 

They looked good in pre-season. In time I'm sure they'll both be good players, but I wouldn't want Wharton being the senior CB. We need experience. I think JDT agrees, hence why he's trying to sign experienced CB's. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

This time last week, there was no hint of Brittan signing. By tomorrow night he was ours.

I'm trusting that other moves are similarly under wraps.

It's not the end ofctge would if nothing goes through before the qpr game, just a little frustrating they couldn't keep up the momentum after brittains signing to quickly get a couple more in and really get everyone buzzing 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We definitely aren't just sitting on our arse playing with ourselves. The lack of noise doesn't concern me, but I do feel we need to be getting a player in before QPR really.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

This time last week, there was no hint of Brittan signing. By tomorrow night he was ours.

I'm trusting that other moves are similarly under wraps.

Yeah, I appreciate that the club will be working to bring signings in, no doubts. The bids that went public and the CB deal being kept under wraps are evidence that plenty of stuff is going on behind the scenes.

It would be good to get another through the door before the QPR game though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Seeing bits and bobs of philips in pre season games and training he does look the real deal... a very serious and focused young man, would be great if he could make the step up this year as backup for Wharton and Ayala, really hope he sees sense soon though and gets a new contract signed 😩

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

JDT will be judged on results, which is how it should be. Not how he talks, who he signs or how many academy players he puts in his squad.

Get off to a poor start and he's under pressure. No amount of excuses will protect him from that. Doesn't matter when he was appointed, FFP rules or how unfair life is, if results aren't good enough he will be judged accordingly.

All this 'free pass' talk is ridiculous. This is professional football in a cut throat ruthless league and we are paying top end prices to watch it. Why the should I accept a season where results aren't important or is essentially written off from the start because we haven't got our recruitment sorted?

In my opinion anybody putting JDT "under pressure" a few weeks in to his tenure is foolish. It can take time to get things the way the manager wants and, unless he proved to be completely hopeless which I don't think he will be, I would wait until the end of next season to assess him. Corberan at Huddersfield finished 20th in his first season before taking them to the play off final the next season.

• Like 1

The CB situation is obviously a concern. We've replaced the RB. 

Worth remembering of all the players to have left since last season, we find ourselves needing to replace "only" 12 goals...

Dack and Markanday will get that themselves this year.

Not defending the clubs transfers so far, not saying I'm comfortable with the squad as it is over a 46 game period.

Much of our success last year was being solid at the back rather than goal scoring, and we need 2 x CB 2 x CM and a forward.

BUT we are currently 12 goals worse off than we were last season. And QPR are more than beatable.

I'd rather it took us time and we signed 3-4 quality signings that are ours for the next 4 years, than Mowbray's scatter gun approach he had for most of his time here.

Kaminski

Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Pickering

Buckley, Travis, Rothwell

BBD, Dolan, Gallagher

Eastham, Carter, Magloire, Davenport, Garrett, McBride, Butterworth

That was our team on the opening day last year. I’m not convinced we are significantly weaker going into Saturday. 

Id like us to have brought in more players by now but I’m also in the fairly relaxed camp of they will happen and the season isn’t going to be defined on the pitch in the next few weeks.

It’s not ideal, but it’s not the end of the world either.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying West Ham in for Cornet now. Makes it less likely they will come in for Brererton

Saw the clip when they interviewed BBD on the open day.  Obviously looking to get away before the deadline.  Basically whilst he's here he will try his best.