BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

22 minutes ago, J*B said:

Supposedly he’s only on a youth contract and he can agree pro terms with anyone for when his youth contract expires. The fee Rovers will get is some equation and they reckon it will total ~250K when it’s all totted up. 

image.png.80c880cb0c243c01b40599c5f3e2afae.png

So we can sell him but he can sit tight until the end of his scholarship which is June 2023. Then we would only get compo...so that ties in with what you've been told. 

image.png.616d405a5024b1e6f2a35d34e4bec635.png

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve absolutely no idea - all I know is that's what I was told so that’s what I posted on here. It needs someone that actually understands it (rather than half understands it) to confirm whether not it’s possible. 

Im not an expert on it either but I thought there was meant to be a benefit to having a Cat 1 Academy in that PL Clubs can't just cherry pick your best youngsters for the compensation calculation but I'm guessing that doesn't apply when (yet again) we've allowed the player to get out of contract.

So in recent times that's Armstrong (reduced fee) Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell, and now potentially Phillips.

Impressive going if it comes to that.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve absolutely no idea - all I know is that's what I was told so that’s what I posted on here. It needs someone that actually understands it (rather than half understands it) to confirm whether not it’s possible. 

Yeah wasnt questioning the validity of your post.Iv no idea myself hence me asking.Fingers crossed it Is the case as be an absolute disgrace if they can poach him for a fee like that with no prospect of us getting anymore further down the line 

Edited by islander200

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

Supposedly he’s only on a youth contract and he can agree pro terms with anyone for when his youth contract expires. The fee Rovers will get is some equation and they reckon it will total ~250K when it’s all totted up. 

I was going to post an optimistic post on lack of signings and youth players being in the squad.  But if he gets kidnapped,  well what's the point 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Im not an expert on it either but I thought there was meant to be a benefit to having a Cat 1 Academy in that PL Clubs can't just cherry pick your best youngsters for the compensation calculation but I'm guessing that doesn't apply when (yet again) we've allowed the player to get out of contract.

So in recent times that's Armstrong (reduced fee) Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell, and now potentially Phillips.

I'm afraid you can't get a player under contract until they are 17 - and Phillips was 17 just over a month ago. This is down to the way the system works and not the club.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

But he couldn't sign any deal until he turned 17 so can't be a case of us allowing his contract to run down?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I'm afraid you can't get a player under contract until they are 17 - and Phillips was 17 just over a month ago. This is down to the way the system works and not the club.

Why is he still here then if he's not under any form of contract?

He could have just walked out on his 17th birthday if that were the case.

2 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Let's hope we have a decent start and he is good enough to feature in the first team. That's the only way he would end up signing if big clubs have shown interest. 

This will be about money and the glamour of being at a Champions League club. Getting a game against Hartlepool in the League Cup is not going to change that.

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He's waited until the offer has firmed up and he and his family and agent have decided to go for it.

I'm guessing the above is pure speculation on your part, but are you saying then that he is entitled to walk out tomorrow?

Or, does he have to wait until the end of his scholarship? Very awkward situation for all concerned if that's the case.

Sad for Rovers but probably a life changing situation for a 17 year old and also his family. He will probably go on to a 5 figure a week wage at Spurs without them even blinking. It's a shocking way the system works for Rovers in this instance but I'm sure we too have benefitted hugely from it in the past.

The kid could ultimately and has not to date, achieved anything.

Good luck to him but its just another reason for me to dislike the shite club from North London. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Cant rovers just let it go to tribunal like Fulham did with Elliot?

It seems whilst still on a scholarship both clubs have to agree a fee for the player if player decides to move. Once the scholarship ends (and because Rovers have offered a pro contract) it will again be up to the 2 clubs to agree on the compensation. If they can't agree it then goes to a tribunal.

The Harvey Elliot move from Fulham to L'pool is discussed in this article Determining the level of compensation for out of contract football players - LawInSport

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm guessing the above is pure speculation on your part, but are you saying then that he is entitled to walk out tomorrow?

Or, does he have to wait until the end of his scholarship? Very awkward situation for all concerned if that's the case.

Someone else will be able to answer your question. I suspect that if he waits until the end of the scholarship the club gets no compensation of any kind - perhaps someone can clarify.

We've seen with the likes of Harvey Elliot and before him, Jadon Sancho and Raheem Sterling, players moving in their mid teens to Champions League clubs and their previous clubs, Fulham, Watford and QPR getting a fraction of their market value in compensation. I know there will be people who want to blame the likes of Steve Waggott and Tony Mowbray but it's not their fault.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jaybes said:

Magloire permanent move to Northampton confirmed, undisclosed fee. Good for all parties, never looked like he was going to make the grade at this level

He need regular first team football and I hope he played well for them

3 hours ago, Tom said:

The fact that Butterworth is absent from the squad numbers shows he is off any day now 

He needs first team elsewhere now. Its a shame it never worked out here but he now need regular 1st team football now

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20585278.jon-dahl-tomasson-outlines-blackburn-rovers-expectations/

"There is no truth in links of a move being close for Blackpool winger Josh Bowler"

Him and Styles seem to be fighting to become this seasons Marcus Maddison.

That article says we want 4 more signings this summer. 

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

pretty sure he can't walk out before the end of his scholarship. Don't be bitchy though if that isn't true, like you were about the FFP info I pretty much correctly posted yesterday. 👍 Or just google it yourself...it's pretty easy to find the info👍

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It seems whilst still on a scholarship both clubs have to agree a fee for the player if player decides to move. Once the scholarship ends (and because Rovers have offered a pro contract) it will again be up to the 2 clubs to agree on the compensation. If they can't agree it then goes to a tribunal.

The Harvey Elliot move from Fulham to L'pool is discussed in this article Determining the level of compensation for out of contract football players - LawInSport

OK thanks. So if the worst came to the worst, complete bollux we can only get nominal compensation then?

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Moderately reliable sources on the Blackpool side saying a fee of £1.7 million has been agreed for Josh Bowler.

With Rovers.

Thankyou for sharing your info on the MB. 

He would be good signing here if we get it

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

pretty sure he can't walk out before the end of his scholarship. Don't be bitchy though if that isn't true, like you were about the FFP info I pretty much correctly posted yesterday. 👍 Or just google it yourself...it's pretty easy to find the info👍

That question was actually directed to another poster but sorry for previously upsetting your delicate sensibilities.

• Like 2