BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 minutes ago, Butty said:

Critchley compo money funded the Brannagan deal apparently… 

No chance they got over a mil in compo for Critchley. 

26 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Also was the only journalist saying that we were'nt interested in Duncan Ferguson as our manager, broke the Brittain story first last week... just because he doesn't have a source at Rovers, doesn't mean he doesn't have one in an agent or at Blackpool. 

There's two clubs involved in a transfer deal...

Probably more, if there is a chain of transfers involved.

Alan Nixon clearly has a source at Rovers, but even a source won’t provide 100% accurate information. It’s impossible to with transfers, as the picture will change all the time and a move can break down at any time until it’s signed and sealed.

Also, interest in a player will not always be followed up by a firm bid.

Nixon will report on interest, whereas the likes of Rich Sharpe only reports on what has happened and will not speculate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

Looks a lightweight just like the last Liverpool player we had on loan …. 

The videos of him on YouTube are not very inspiring either. I wonder why our recruitment department would recommend him. Surely the purpose of loans is to sprinkle a bit of stardust into the team to take it to another level. I may be wrong but looks like another Clarkson to me. 

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Alan Nixon clearly has a source at Rovers, but even a source won’t provide 100% accurate information. It’s impossible to with transfers, as the picture will change all the time and a move can break down at any time until it’s signed and sealed.

Also, interest in a player will not always be followed up by a firm bid.

Nixon will report on interest, whereas the likes of Rich Sharpe only reports on what has happened and will not speculate.

Halle fucking lujah. 

30 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Or maybe we don't value him at £1.25m (the current fee being bandied around on Twitter). 

Well, considering Rich Sharp said we had an interest, I'm guessing we were offering toffee's again. 1.25 for a player who scored quite a few goals from midfield in a position we need bodies doesn't seem too unreasonable. Either way, doesn't look good. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

And?

You questioned someone saying don’t trust Nixon…I’m saying that Nixon said he knew nothing about a player going to Blackpool even though there were reports of him going to Blackpool.

So what I’m saying is Nixon doesn’t always know what’s going on.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

Well, considering Rich Sharp said we had an interest, I'm guessing we were offering toffee's again. 1.25 for a player who scored quite a few goals from midfield in a position we need bodies doesn't seem to unreasonable. Either way, doesn't look good. 

An interest doesn't mean a bid was made to be fair.Im sure there will be loads of players we have had an interest in 

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Lol…you questioned someone saying don’t trust Nixon…I’m saying that Nixon said he knew nothing about a player going to Blackpool even though there were reports of him going to Blackpool.

So what I’m saying is Nixon doesn’t always know what’s going on.

No. You responded to me saying Nixon got Brittain right by saying 'yeah but he got Brannagan wrong'. Hence why I said 'And?' as it was irrelevant to the point I made.   

All I ever said was Nixon gets more Rovers stuff right than anyone else (at least in this window so far). 

I also agree he doesn't get everything right.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Fuck, this is hard work 😃

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

Well, considering Rich Sharp said we had an interest, I'm guessing we were offering toffee's again. 1.25 for a player who scored quite a few goals from midfield in a position we need bodies doesn't seem too unreasonable. Either way, doesn't look good. 

I've interest in Emily Ratajkowski now she's split with her fella, doesn't mean I've done anything about it.

To her detriment may I add.

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

No. You responded to me saying Nixon got Brittain right by saying 'yeah but he got Brannagan wrong'. Hence why I said 'And?' as it was irrelevant to the point I made.   

All I ever said was Nixon gets more Rovers stuff right than anyone else (at least in this window so far). 

Welcome to BRFCS mate!

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Apologies…didn’t even bother reading the rest of your comment…Apologies Mr/Mrs Sweaty Gussets

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I've interest in Emily Ratajkowski now she's split with her fella, doesn't mean I've done anything about it.

To her detriment may I add.

If you have a question to ask her then make an appointment to go see her, it's all the rage apparently. 

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Apologies…didn’t even bother reading the rest of your comment…Apologies Mr/Mrs Sweaty Gussets

My pronoun is 'Super' 😉

And no apologies needed sir/madam.

Maybe I should apologise.  I've been reading your name as 'Backend Rover' 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

Think Nixon is a marmite character and a tad maligned.

He's actually quite likeable and very good company.

Pros like Nixon forge relationships and 'look after' their contacts  Think Sharpe is wet behind the ears and lacks the wherewithal and that's why he knows diddly squat.

Edited by Mercer

17 minutes ago, Neal said:

Yes and according to some fan theories, if we wait until the last week of the transfer window that £1.25m becomes 400k and doable. Remain calm, quality is coming but for cut-price deals thanks to our extreme patience in the market, apparently...  😂

• Like 2