BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I know a few on here suggested Mawson as a centre-back signing…I’m surprised he’s dropped down to League One.

That's a great signing for Wycombe in L1 - only for 1 year though?

Seems similar to Nyambe's situation, guess there wasn't much interest elsewhere.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Nicko saying Rovers now head of queue for Van den Berg

If true it must be a combination of our relationship with Liverpool, the fact he will get more game time here, has a mate here already, and we have had a great start. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I know a few on here suggested Mawson as a centre-back signing…I’m surprised he’s dropped down to League One.

I'm not. 

Local boy to Wycombe, know Gareth A (who was talking extremely highly of him).

Career at a bit of a lull, looking to build back to the level he and the manager know he can get to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Yes

But who would pays his wages with the structure we have in place?

its down to the player. Does he really need to earn millions to play first team football after the riches in his pocket? The days of huge massive pay packets outside of the PL are long gone.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Just hope he is coming in as understudy for Ayala and not to displace Wharton. Ayala will have his Xmas holidays booked soon enough. 

Wharton's the only left footed one, so that counts in his favour. 

Also, to be honest, he's developing into a class footballer. I can't see him dropping out of the team under any circumstances now bar injury or a unforeseen drop in form. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If we've got Barnes, Phillips and Carter I don't think we need a permanent signing at CB unless it's a worldie.

A loanee to supplement what we've got while we see whether Carter and Phillips especially can cut it at this level seems very sensible to me.

I basically agree, although Barnes is an extremely unknown quantity even for next season after his injury. 

The one caveat is that we will need another option if JDT wants to play 3 at the back for any length of time. We can assume that Ayala's going to be missing at one point or another, which means that we can only play that way with either Carter or Phillips coming in. That's fine, but it also means that we have the other unproven youngster as the only back up for three positions. 

If the idea is that we stick to a back four though, I agree that VDB along with what we have is enough for this season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I basically agree, although Barnes is an extremely unknown quantity even for next season after his injury. 

The one caveat is that we will need another option if JDT wants to play 3 at the back for any length of time. We can assume that Ayala's going to be missing at one point or another, which means that we can only play that way with either Carter or Phillips coming in. That's fine, but it also means that we have the other unproven youngster as the only back up for three positions. 

If the idea is that we stick to a back four though, I agree that VDB along with what we have is enough for this season. 

Nixon reckons it's 2 centre backs we want 

• Like 3

Until Phillips signs a new deal, we shouldn't give any thought to 'blocking his pathway'. Until he extends, if he does, he is no more than a one-year loan in practice. One that may even be recalled at any time for a small fee...

Carter can't be considered an adequate replacement for Lenihan yet. Barnes is out for the season and a complete unknown quantity when he's back. We need a permanent CB to replace Lenihan and ideally a loanee to replace JPVH. One of the two should be able to play RB reasonably well. Sounds like the Liverpool lad plus one permanent would do the job.

• Like 5

I would be happy with Van Den Berg, two solid seasons with Preston under his belt. You’d imagine Liverpool would include something in the deal (financial penalties) that means he has to play the majority of the games.

Who would he displace? Wharton or Ayala?

22 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Couldn’t be permanent could it ?

88D873C8-A74D-4362-81F3-54A4421F0346.jpeg

Everything seems to suggest we have a bit of money to spend back there, but with the fees Liverpool seem to command for there players i would be amazed if it was permanent.

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

That's a great signing for Wycombe in L1 - only for 1 year though?

Seems similar to Nyambe's situation, guess there wasn't much interest elsewhere.

One year deal, if he can stay fit and do well he'll get a move. Think eriksen last season with Brentford.

48 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

image.png.2b03aac4654dcb0438d7744d57330060.png

Close to completion according to this little minx.

VAN den berg? That's a third of the defender we all want back here.