BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Does a striker that is good in the air suit us? We don't really have good crossers and play wide men on the opposite side.

We played 5'5" Dolan upfront for most of the match yesterday - was it any wonder their CBs had an easy time on crosses?

We need a big body.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

bowler was light years ahead of everyone on the pitch yesterday,ffs get a bid in

Totally agree. We miss a Rothwell type player picking the ball up just in our half and driving at teams. He would defo do that.  Probably one of the best in the league at doing that. Should be all out to get him but read somewhere we went in early and messed things up by pissing around, plus prem interest now. Would love him here though. 

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m ok with that if he’s better than Hedges. That’s how you improve teams.

That's great but we won't be improved if we have bugger all on the left.

Hedges has played well so far.

Be nice if we could have Bowler and a left sided player too.

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We played 5'5" Dolan upfront for most of the match yesterday - was it any wonder their CBs had an easy time on crosses?

We need a big body.

My problem was more that I don't get why we chucked in crosses at all rather than trying to get down the sides and in behind the big lumps that licked their lips any time we aimlessly lofted in a cross.

Even with set pieces, we never looked like scoring, surely with a smaller team the order of the day was invention and creativity off the training ground?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Looks more clinical in the box than gallagher, not by much though and it's pretty irrelevant if clear chances aren't being created regularly enough! 

Maybe gallagher is after a move🤷‍♂️ boro where linked to him earlier in the window

Of course he will look more clinical, it's a highlights reel of him doing literally nothing but scoring goals.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Does a striker that is good in the air suit us? We don't really have good crossers and play wide men on the opposite side.

Pickering, Brittain can sling them in, and I think we would do more with crosses if we had anyone to aim at. We don't bother much as what the point with Smodics, Dack, Dolan, Vale...

We need an option to play a direct aerial game if the other team sits in.

26 minutes ago, Galz said:

Totally agree. We miss a Rothwell type player picking the ball up just in our half and driving at teams. He would defo do that.  Probably one of the best in the league at doing that. Should be all out to get him but read somewhere we went in early and messed things up by pissing around, plus prem interest now. Would love him here though. 

From what I saw of Adam Wharton yesterday I reckon he could do something like the Rothwell role. Carried the ball forward well a few times.

• Like 6

I wouldn't sign Van Hecke at all, I think we wasted enough time on chasing him now. Time we bring him players that want to be here. Hyam coming here and to me that good solid signing. Maybe sign one more. I would not be looking to play 3 at the back given the squad we got we should playing 4-2-3-1 

On the Hirst link, I don't know much about him but from few highlights reels he seems to play within the Box and would give us a focal point to our attack. Can finish and header the ball. So would be different number 9 for us. Maybe it could a permanent transfer given Leicester situation at the minute. 

on Bowler, I wouldn't be looking to sign him either cos I think Hedges and Markanday are good enough to play that role. I wouldn't sign him if we lost BBD cos they are very different players and play on different sides of the pitch. 

If BBD does leave which I think he will be Everton player by Wednesday then I would at Veljko Birmancevic from Malmo. Plays on the left, Experience of playing European comps and JDT knows him

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brittain, Hedges, Pickering. 

Hirst scores goals with bis feet also takes Penalties 

53 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m ok with that if he’s better than Hedges. That’s how you improve teams.

Hedges has prove his worth to this team and he is starter for sure now

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My problem was more that I don't get why we chucked in crosses at all rather than trying to get down the sides and in behind the big lumps that licked their lips any time we aimlessly lofted in a cross.

Even with set pieces, we never looked like scoring, surely with a smaller team the order of the day was invention and creativity off the training ground?

We did look to play downs the side also. We look to exploit that aswell putting crosses in. BBD against Fosu was mismatch and we didn't look enough for that. 

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn’t exactly say we’re strong there. The juries out as far as I’m concerned with Hedges.

really? He has proven his worth to this team and yesterday against Shown it. What did you make of his performance yesterday then? Best Rovers attacking player and my MOTM with Ayala

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't sign Van Hecke at all, I think we wasted enough time on chasing him now. Time we bring him players that want to be here. Hyam coming here and to me that good solid signing. Maybe sign one more. I would not be looking to play 3 at the back given the squad we got we should playing 4-2-3-1 

On the Hirst link, I don't know much about him but from few highlights reels he seems to play within the Box and would give us a focal point to our attack. Can finish and header the ball. So would be different number 9 for us. Maybe it could a permanent transfer given Leicester situation at the minute. 

on Bowler, I wouldn't be looking to sign him either cos I think Hedges and Markanday are good enough to play that role. I wouldn't sign him if we lost BBD cos they are very different players and play on different sides of the pitch. 

If BBD does leave which I think he will be Everton player by Wednesday then I would at Veljko Birmancevic from Malmo. Plays on the left, Experience of playing European comps and JDT knows him

Can't help but feel that every signing you agree with is whatever the management go for.

It literally happened with Mowbray too.

Hyam is allegedly a good signing but Van Hecke would be the best CB signing we could make.

Obviously highlight reels will make a player look good, that's why they are called "High-lights"

Bowler would walk straight into our first team and be a stand out player. Yet to be impressed by either Hedges or Markanday.

Birmancevic agree he could be a good signing. But European experience means absolutely nothing, Anthony stokes had experience and look at him

• Like 1

There seems to be a lot of knowledge about this Birmancevic, I know he is a left winger but in the absence of ever having watched Malmo, what type of player is he?

I suspect that its hypothetical anyway, it seems like if we can get it done, based especially on the LT that our remaining business will be Hyam, another centre back on loan and an attcking player on loan. That coupled with a Brereton sale would leave us desperately short.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

There seems to be a lot of knowledge about this Birmancevic, I know he is a left winger but in the absence of ever having watched Malmo, what type of player is he?

I suspect that its hypothetical anyway, it seems like if we can get it done, based especially on the LT that our remaining business will be Hyam, another centre back on loan and an attcking player on loan. That coupled with a Brereton sale would leave us desperately short.

he`s not a winger,plays as an attacking midfielder,very mobile and very attack minded,would be massive if we got him,he`s an excellent player

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s not a winger,plays as an attacking midfielder,very mobile and very attack minded,would be massive if we got him,he`s an excellent player

On this it says he's played mostly as a left winger for Malmo.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/veljko-birmancevic-2022-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics