BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Footie is a funny game. Zaha is rated every season as a mind-blowing striker transfer, when in reality, he has put in 377 appearances to score 76 goals at Palace. While Gally has scored 34 goals in 161 for us. Usually not in a starting role. 

Gally should be an attractive option for some clubs (certainly not PL clubs). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I think the SVB saga just shows how transfers can be on/off just like that, and its never properly on until its announced as done.

Its not a new thing, its just this one has been played out more within the media and supporter base, than others. The club at no point ever indicated publically it was on or off, although its widely accepted by most of us it was likely to happen.

Waiting for players until the said club has either signed a replacement or injury crisis has cleared up is common, but with it you always run the risk others can come in and gazump you.

Hirst will be interesting now, as i was told that was done, given he didnt play for the under 23s after that, then im not sure why we aint got another sticker in the album yet?

Going back to Styles, I was told it was adds ons that were the issue, and the agent didnt think it be an issue. Rovers confirmed he was a target, but some 3 weeks later, it hasnt happened and Styles continues to play for his club. You could say thats similar to BBD, as no one has met our conditions yet and remains available for selection.

The deals done to date show we have a budget, some that havent happened YET, could fall in the category of us/them needing other things to fall into place which triggers the "all systems go"

Any inclination on whether GH is likely to be a loan or a buy, Glen?

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

Footie is a funny game. Zaha is rated every season as a mind-blowing striker transfer, when in reality, he has put in 377 appearances to score 76 goals at Palace. While Gally has scored 34 goals in 161 for us. Usually not in a starting role. 

You mean Wilfrid?  I need to double check you've got these two in the same sentence.....

• Like 4

I think I was told Hirst had 11 goals in 14 games towards the end of last season in league one. Underwhelmed a bit to be honest, but will judge when he’s played some games for us. Raiding the lower leagues was something I felt we didn’t do anywhere near enough (I’m aware he’s technically a premier league player)

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yeah, just went on about his age and the fact he isn't Gally. Anything relevant to offer? 

You're obviously fishing for a bite but  the relevant point is he has had an extended chance at Championship level and failed miserably.

If he was someone showing potential (regardless of age) who had not yet had the opportunity to show what he could do in the Championship I might think it was more worthy of a gamble.

5 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Zaha summed himself up against Man U.

Scored a wonderful breakaway goal with a classy finish - then missed a tap in to win the game. He's at the right level - mercurial talent I think is the polite way of putting it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Now you're being silly! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're obviously fishing for a bite but  the relevant point is he has had an extended chance at Championship level and failed miserably.

If he was someone showing potential (regardless of age) who had not yet had the opportunity to show what he could do in the Championship I might think it was more worthy of a gamble.

Fishing? It was you who started the 'I've changed my mind' sarcasm. 

You're offended sensibilities aside, it seems you're still ignoring he only started 4 of those 32 games. So you're assertion that he's had an extended chance in the Championship and 'failed miserably' is just nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think we've withdrawn from it in as much as he's chosen Schalke and we've sulked and said "yeah, well, we didn't want him anyway". 

Obviously we've been shafted late on that deal.

Odd one that.  The fact we allegedly had a 'deal in place' and were waiting on Liverpool injuries clearing up.  Only for the minute they clear up, for him to head straight off to Germany. 

Either Liverpool have been a bit  naughty there..or we've had first refusal and said no...or it was all bollocks and we were never in for him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Tbh, i had to google who he was, my brother thought he played for England in 66, so we both checked lol.

Portsmouth fans like him, but league 1 and championship different, saying that players have done well at league 1 and kicked on after that Luca Toney etc.

As an additional body, its zero risk. If it was like when we bought BBD who had scired 9 goals in nearly 60 apps id be quite worried, likewise if he was a a BBD replacement.

The indications are very much he is much further along than the likes of Vale, butterworth and Leanard and on that basis a gamble worth taking. Other clubs like Blackpool etc have also registred interest in him this window, so he has not been without his suitors

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Odd one that.  The fact we allegedly had a 'deal in place' and were waiting on Liverpool injuries clearing up.  Only for the minute they clear up, for him to head straight off to Germany. 

Either Liverpool have been a bit  naughty there..or we've had first refusal and said no...or it was all bollocks and we were never in for him 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think we've just agreed a deal with L/pool a while ago and they've left it to the player to decide. He was happy to come until Schalke came in with late interest. Doesn't seem any more complicated than that. 

• Like 1