BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Diaz left, Bowler right, striker and Dack behind.

The stuff dreams are made of.

Then just a LB and we probably ok. 

Styles who can also operate in midfield.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

No but Pickering did have a lot of help against Bowler from both Wharton and Diaz. between them, Kept them quiet in the main. Bowler is their main threat. Would be a good signing for us on the right instead of Gallagher - not sure he worth going to 4 mil though. 

Which was my point a few pages back. Rovers stoped him causing us too many problems but it often took 2 or 3 players to do so. Not many players these days have the ability to take on and beat a defender. He’d be a good signing

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Which was my point a few pages. Rovers stoped him causing us too many problems but it often took 2 or 3 players to do so. He’d be a good signing

Okay, then agreed. Pickering did have a better game but people claiming he had Bowler in his pocket are a bit off. He had a lot of help - it was obviously our plan to double/triple up on Bowler at the earliest opportunity. 

JDT says could be 1 or 2 more today. 

I hope so as I still think the squad is thin in some areas, I'd like a LB (hoping for styles) and I'm hoping for a winger or a wide player (bowler?) 

I don't rate Hirst and il stand by that but I'm really hoping he proves me wrong 

A front 4 of Diaz, dack, Hirst and bowler 

4 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

JDT says could be 1 or 2 more today. 

I hope so as I still think the squad is thin in some areas, I'd like a LB (hoping for styles) and I'm hoping for a winger or a wide player (bowler?) 

I don't rate Hirst and il stand by that but I'm really hoping he proves me wrong 

A front 4 of Diaz, dack, Hirst and bowler 

Styles is ideal as he can also play midfield. 

Just now, Realistic Rover said:

Gregg’s first action on Friday (after transfer window) is to seal Adam Wharton on a 4year minimum contract. Only on a 2 year pro deal at the moment. He’s special that kid.

Yeah that performance was on the telly - wont go unnoticed. Get him tied down for longer now. No more of this losing our players for nothing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

he did nothing all game.

Pickering and Wharton stop him all night long. 

I wouldn't be paying 4 mil for him Blackpool want for him

We kept him pretty quiet - especially second half.  First half he looked their most likely player. It took 2-3 players around him all evening to nullify him.  

Fortunately Blackpool were pretty poor and they couldn't take advantage of the space that created.

He'd be a threat for any team at this level. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Realistic Rover said:

Seeing all over Twitter that Michael Helik is close to joining Huddersfield.

I know it seems we don’t need a CB right now, but surprised he is going there!

I dont know, they have had a slow start but did similar last season before finishing third. I think we probably okay back there now. Ayala, Wharton, Hyam, Carter, Phillips. Another would be nice, but probably enough to see us through to January (hopefully).

10 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Gregg’s first action on Friday (after transfer window) is to seal Adam Wharton on a 4year minimum contract. Only on a 2 year pro deal at the moment. He’s special that kid.

Just for interest, it also has a 12 month option in it. So effectively 3 years. 

Don't disagree with him signing a longer one, of course! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Then just a LB and we probably ok. 

Styles who can also operate in midfield.

Came off last night saying how well Pickering had played, but he can't be expected to play every game all season, we could do with some cover. 

Wharton being capable is massive for us. Like a brand new signing. 

I'd love to see Styles and Bowler come in. Quality and flexibility in Styles. And Bowler would add such balance to our attacking line up. 

Whether that's realistic I don't know but I'd say it'd be an excellent transfer window. For all Mowbrays criticisms he did sometimes pick up some half decent players. But every single season we lacked balance. He just collected players at random. It really does feel far more targeted this year. Specific positions and players with specific attributes. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

This is how it works, bid comes in say £15 mill.

SW - Suhail, I know they said £20 mill plus add ons but should we let them know about this bid?

SP- Not a good time Steve, they have a lot on and the remit of when we contact them is clear.

SW- thing is Suhail, if this bid gets bigger tomorrow we are leaving ourselves no time to bring replacement in, or know what that reinvestment number looks like.

SP - I hear what your saying and its entirely up to you, but if we bother them with this when its been made clear what the number is, it aint going to look good on either of us.

SW- I see your point, reject it

Christ, it's like not daring to summon Voldemort.

"Er, we have this bid for Diaz from Fulham. It's er, £10m my lords"

"£10m?!?!!! Avada kedavra!"

17 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'm not a Pickering fan. Still feel he's a weak link but he did ok last night.  Had a lot of help keeping Bowler quiet though. 

If you're only managing to give him an OK for last night, it's probably fair to say you've already made your mind up. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, M_B said:

If you're only managing to give him an OK for last night, it's probably fair to say you've already made your mind up. 

It’s an ok from me as well. At one point in the second half he panicked and literally hoofed the ball sideways to a Blackpool player who was on the edge of our box.

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Only worry on last night was JDT's interview did seem a come and get him regarding Brereton. 

It seemed to be more talking the price up rather than 'we would prefer it if he stayed'.

We need the money right now to strengthen the squad... It's pointless to keep BBD right now, unless he decides to sign a new deal ala Hirst for Leicester, and then we can at least get a fee come end of season.. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Only worry on last night was JDT's interview did seem a come and get him regarding Brereton. 

It seemed to be more talking the price up rather than 'we would prefer it if he stayed'.

Exactly what Mowbray used to do, they both know we've very little budget and no strength in depth.

I'm torn on selling Diaz, a club like ours cannot afford to keep letting quality players leave for free, but on the other hand an injured Diaz for a significant part of last season meant we couldn't score goals, we ended up for the most part in relegation form.

We won't go up this season, thats for sure, but will we go down? Possibly and that becomes a stronger possibility without Diaz.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2