BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So you’re assuming that two teenage lads can maintain that level of performance in what is basically a two game a week season until next May  ? It’s not going to happen for several reasons. I’m pleased to see we’ve just brought in another midfield player who’s more defensively minded.

No, I think they can do it once a week, or 30 minutes per game, with Buckley and Travis handling the bulk of the duties.

• Like 1

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

So we actually have the two centre halves in. Surely now we must be playing three at the back on a pretty regular basis.

Ayala, Hyam, Wharton, Phillips, Mola, Carter, all now first teamers.

You can’t really count Ayala. If he’s fit it’s a bonus. He seems happy enough sat on the bench when he finally gets back playing again.

• Like 1

Sharpe has said 'not aware of anything' regards Dembele.... but how much did he know about Mola?  First I saw his name was about 20mins ago from Joe H.    

We're getting there now in terms of a squad, but that could be blown to smithereens with a Brereton late departure.  Even with Dembele through the door I'd be very fearful there's nowhere near enough goals without him. 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah he's obviously a bit of punt on a young player, rather than someone proven. Don't think he will be going straight into the team or even squad.

No way will stuttgart allow mola to go out on loan just to sit on the bench or the stands.  Unless they just want rid of him

Interesting at least that we are looking abroad and in what you'd call high reward low value markets.  

I definitely remember the guy I bumped into being Scott Kennedy and not Clinton Mola. So whether that's fallen through due to work permits but who knows.  

Personally hoping Mola is more of a central midfielder and we can move to a 3 if needed.  A real core and a terrier style midfielder would be a big win for me

Just now, Jimmy612 said:

Sharpe has said 'not aware of anything' regards Dembele.... but how much did he know about Mola?  First I saw his name was about 20mins ago from Joe H.    

Actually first you saw about Dembeles name was a link posted by me from football insider. 

Football insider have been very accurate and early with transfer stories this transfer window. 

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can’t really count Ayala. If he’s fit it’s a bonus. He seems happy enough sat on the bench when he finally gets back playing again.

Take your point, but he probably will be fit for about half our games.

Not enough, obviously, but he's a big player to leave out when he's available. 

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

All about dembele now. Go get him and shut the window down. Breo stays

With Hirst and (hopefully) Dembele coming in I would assume that some players are going to leave.

We would have 9 forwards (BBD, Gallagher, Hirst, Dembele, Hedges, Szmodics, Dolan, Vale, Markanday) all covering the front three spots. Too many.... If BBD stays surely Dolan and Vale go on loan, maybe Markanday also (though sure he would be absolutely livid about it). When does the loan window close for League 1 and 2?

Just now, alexanders said:

Actually first you saw about Dembeles name was a link posted by me from football insider. 

Football insider have been very accurate and early with transfer stories this transfer window. 

Yeh, sorry I was talking about first I saw Mola's name - Sharpe seemingly had a sniff of it before he was holding the shirt above his head.  That's what gives me hope that Dembele is a possibility. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

So we actually have the two centre halves in. Surely now we must be playing three at the back on a pretty regular basis.

Ayala, Hyam, Wharton, Phillips, Mola, Carter, all now first teamers.

We've lined up with 3 at the back once in 9 competitive fixtures this season.

I don't know why people are so obsessed with it. 

JDT will drop into it to see games out, or (like at Sheffield Utd) if he thinks we need to set up more defensively, but 4-2-3-1 is his primary formation. 

Of that list we know Ayala will miss time with injuries, we know Phillips has just turned 17 and needs to be managed carefully (if he's even here...) and it looks like Mola is a bit of a utility player who primarily plays LB. We have cover at CB, but it's hardly a logjam - especially with 2 games a week. 

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Take your point, but he probably will be fit for about half our games.

Not enough, obviously, but he's a big player to leave out when he's available. 

But as we saw last season - when the centre halves wearing the shirt are playing well you can’t just drop them without a reason. That’s cancer to team spirit.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’ll get a chance this season the way we’ve been going with injuries.

I must praise the club regarding the way they’ve gone about their business this window. Everything close to our chests and no real leaking of information. That’s how it should be done.

He'll start at LB if he's better than Pickering in training - JDT isn't messing around. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

Yeh, sorry I was talking about first I saw Mola's name - Sharpe seemingly had a sniff of it before he was holding the shirt above his head.  That's what gives me hope that Dembele is a possibility. 

Bournemouth media all over it now. Seems to be because the Besiktas deal fell through. Scott Parker stated that he wasn't playing in Carabao Cup because he was probably leaving Mouth. 

3 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Interesting at least that we are looking abroad and in what you'd call high reward low value markets.  

I definitely remember the guy I bumped into being Scott Kennedy and not Clinton Mola. So whether that's fallen through due to work permits but who knows.  

Personally hoping Mola is more of a central midfielder and we can move to a 3 if needed.  A real core and a terrier style midfielder would be a big win for me

Possibly it was like the Caulker deal - a backup in-case the SVDB / JVH / Hyam deal(s) fell through. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

We're getting there now in terms of a squad, but that could be blown to smithereens with a Brereton late departure.  Even with Dembele through the door I'd be very fearful there's nowhere near enough goals without him. 

If dembele was sat next to him signing the contract he'd still say that

• Like 2