BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

12 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Nyambe is worth 15-20k a week in my book. Very very good right back. He will be in a promotion winning team or top 6 team in the coming years. We blew it with him.

For me, Nyambe recovers well after mistakes, if he didn't make the mistakes in the first place he wouldn't have to recover. Still, a reasonable defensive full-back. Maybe not the sort JDT wanted for his system.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Will he even start for Boro?

I know Gibson generally backs the manager but 20k per week for someone who won't be a guaranteed starter? 

Jones will be RWB for them ,8 assists last season and he won't be on anything like 20 grand a week

Don't know but he will get a significant signing fee so I'm just trying to justify his wage.

If he plays, I don't know....Wilder likes 3 at the back from days gone by so he'll need to work on his crossing, or he might see him as one of 3

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Young lad at Nobbers Aaron Bennett, he's had a kick off behind the scenes with a senior pro and been dropped from their tour....

I'd get him he's a cracking player....different level to Walker.

So you are advocating going for a player who is a disruptive influence. I don't think we need that at this present time.

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

So you are advocating going for a player who is a disruptive influence. I don't think we need that at this present time.

Ha very funny, he's 18, opportunity to get a top young player....maybe its the other guy who is a knob

Edited by Sparks Rover

13 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

He will get a significant signing on fee, given he is a free agent, his weekly wage will be irrelevant as that signing on fee will be very nice 

Boro are like rovers they don’t do signing on fees they do loyalty payments at the end of contract I am led to understand - if we accept the suggestion he was on £3k or so a week at Ewood suggesting he is worth a £17k a week pay rise is beyond comprehension based in his playing attributes - he is a long way off from being a top championship right back or wing back

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Boro are like rovers they don’t do signing on fees they do loyalty payments at the end of contract I am led to understand - if we accept the suggestion he was on £3k or so a week at Ewood suggesting he is worth a £17k a week pay rise is beyond comprehension based in his playing attributes - he is a long way off from being a top championship right back or wing back

He’s one of the better right backs in the league, how many are better? Not that many 

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Who said he was the disrupter....? You don't  know anythjng

I'm calling HR

You said he had kicked-off with a senior pro and was dismissed from the tour squad. That sounds disruptive. 

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

You said he had kicked-off with a senior pro and was dismissed from the tour squad. That sounds disruptive. 

Kick off, fall out whatever...I don't know rhe details.

However he is a lovely player and we should have a look

Obviously I'm not touting him to run our midfield at the moment so we do need half a dozen  first team signings right now...

Where's Gregg gone 👀

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Egg men = Venkys of course, what with all the chickens.

Egg man = The manager, and lyricist here, who by being the egg men's man becomes the egg man.

Walrus = Steve Waggott, for obvious aesthetic reasons. By having to work under Waggott they become beholden to his walrus-like nature and become unto a walrus themselves.

Goo goo g'joob = An attempt to say he wants to do a 'good job', but his brain has been frazzled by the circus already and he can barely speak.

Pretty obvious stuff.

Well, for once, I guess John and George are actually glad that they are not alive to see it.

Imagine there's no Venky's

And no Anderson too....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Don't know but he will get a significant signing fee so I'm just trying to justify his wage.

If he plays, I don't know....Wilder likes 3 at the back from days gone by so he'll need to work on his crossing, or he might see him as one of 3

Spot on.

Nyambe's flexibility underrated.

If we'd signed Nyambe on a free and were paying him a combined signing on fee / wages of £3million over 3 years, I'd think that would be good business.

Would think Ayala has cost £4million over his 3 years - a joke, IMO.

1 minute ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well, for once, I guess John and George are actually glad that they are not alive to see it.

Imagine there's no Venky's

And no Anderson too....

No Swag to look into it.

We'll still be feeling blue.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tormund said:

He’s one of the better right backs in the league, how many are better? Not that many 

He isn't better than Jones at Boro going off the evidence of last season that's why him going to Boro is odd imo.

Plus id agree he is a good RB and he can carry the ball well enough but  as a wing back Wilder will want more attacking threat and end product which Jones has. 

Boro won't be paying him 20k a week when he won't be starting,Jones wont even be on half that 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Ayala is not 6 times the player that Nyambe is nor is Gallagher, relatively, 5 times the player Nyambe is.

IMO, the management of our wage 'structure' (if that's what you can call it) is a total feckin joke and absolutely indefensible.  And for what it's worth, I've done consultancy work for a number of organisations on pay structure, bonuses, reward schemes, share options  etc so I speak from experience.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He isn't better than Jones at Boro going off the evidence of last season that's why him going to Boro is odd imo.

Plus id agree he is a good RB and he can carry the ball well enough but  as a wing back Wilder will want more attacking threat and end product which Jones has. 

Boro won't be paying him 20k a week when he won't be starting,Jones wont even be on half that 

I agree Jones is better, I mean overall in the Championship there isn’t many better that I can think of