BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

From the rumours everyone states it's mostly him that causes the problems - purely looking for cost savings and saving his job? 

@glen9mullanwho knows the club would back this, I'm pretty sure?

We have had delays throughout the last 12 years with things needing to be signed off in India.

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

So Reading, Brum, Rotherham, Wigan etc have better squads than us?As it stands.

Disagree 

Absolutely. We have 2 CM’s, 3 CB’s (until Ayala’s January injury) and no right back. 

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah and as it stands those 4 clubs and a few others have worse squads than Ours in my opinion.

Sure all this was being said last summer too, that we would go down with the squad we had.

Someone earlier posted their best team from our current squad. IMO, that team wouldn’t win many games in a season and would be in big danger of relegation.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Absolutely. We have 2 CM’s, 3 CB’s (until Ayala’s January injury) and no right back. 

Signings will come in.

Our squad is still better than those 4 teams and you can add Blackpool to that.

I'm sure all those clubs and others have poor options in certain positions.

Costello is a poor Rb but if he was to play there it wouldn't guarantee our relegation.

• Like 1

Believing Waggott is the problem is just what the Venky stooge in the shadows wants. A patsy who takes the blame and ire from the fans whilst the real culprits hide.

Don't fall for it.

Waggott isn't fit for purpose and will take the wage to protect his bosses, but they are responsible.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Being grateful/hopeful that there are three worse squads than ours in the league… is this what we’ve become?

Is it being grateful?

Or is it responding to post  that relegation is a forgone conclusion with the squad we have?

We had all this last summer being said we finished eighth.

There are poorer squads than ours .Wigan have a team made up of league one players they are yet to make a signing this summer.

People are acting like we won't make a single signing this summer because we have been inactive so far

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Any decent pacy winger looking at Costello on one wing and Pickering on the other would be fancying his chances.

Yeah and those teams I mentioned have Cafu and Maldini playing full back.

Yes we need quality added but as it stands other clubs in this division are worse off than us 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

There isn't a starting quality player among that group. Why would they have been good additions?

It's all about opinions, so here goes. The underlying reason is experience.

Hourihane - A step above anybody we have in that area, for me. Has the creativity and experience, class player. A steal on a free and to let a player like him go to Derby in their current state is galling.

Mendez-Laing - A proper winger, strong, quick and an upgrade on Dolan. Can also play on the left too. Has done it in the Championship before and even looked decent in the Premier League, scoring at OT one time. Nothing against Dolan, but NML would have been an experienced upgrade.

Barkhuizen - Showed during his time at Preston that he was a good player. Knows the league and can play out wide and down the middle. We could do worse on a free.

James Chester - experienced centre back, on a par with Lenihan in terms of ability, imo. I'd certainly have Chester ahead of Carter, Phillips, Magloire or any other kid we want to throw in.

McGoldrick - Wily, clever forward at this level and scores goals in this league. Good hold up play too. Might not start every game but would be good to have around and we'd actually have a central striker when he's on the pitch. Him or Burns/Vale? It's not even a question, for me.

Might be a very unpopular opinion, but I think Burns and Vale are more likely to be the next Butterworth and McBride, than the next Armstrong and Brereton. Give them a chance to see what they can do, fine, but I'm not expecting much.

I fear we're over egging how good some of these kids are and the reality of the Championship will slap us in the face if we don't bring some established players in. It's an unforgiving league and we're in danger of being lost in romanticism. We've lost key players, the loanees have gone, the squad is in a right state and if we don't bring in the required quality I think some will be shocked by how poor we look.

A backline of Brown (or JRC), Carter, Wharton, Pickering will take us down!

There is no criticism labelled at JDT or Broughton here. It's the bastards above them. Trying to flog us a youth project because they don't want to spend. "We're going to develop the kids", just bloody come out and say "we won't be spending much".

I hate that the positivity and enthusiasm that Broughton and JDT brought with them is being drained away due to the same old, dithering crap from people above them who don't know what they are doing.

• Like 2

Takes some doing to have been 2nd in February, top 6 until April and now be sat here in early July debating whether we are going to be stronger than Wigan, a side in League One last season and close to bankruptcy less than 2 years ago and Blackpool similar.

I'm old enough to remember the days we were 10 points clear of Forest and battling Bournemouth for a top 2 slot.

Well done to all concerned for such a rapid and drastic revision to our expectations. Sabotage couldn't have done it better.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, den said:

Someone earlier posted their best team from our current squad. IMO, that team wouldn’t win many games in a season and would be in big danger of relegation.

Kaminski 

Carter Ayala Wharton Pickering 

Travis Buckley 

Markanday Dack Brererton 

Gallagher

That team is better than at least 5 or 6 teams in the division 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Kaminski 

Carter Ayala Wharton Pickering 

Travis Buckley 

Markanday Dack Brererton 

Gallagher

That team is better than at least 5 or 6 teams in the division 

I don’t agree, but even if I did what about the bench ? Football is becoming a 16 man game nowadays. How strong your subs bench is can be crucial.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Hourihane - A step above anybody we have in that area, for me. Has the creativity and experience, class player. A steal on a free and to let a player like him go to Derby in their current state is galling.

Mendez-Laing - A proper winger, strong, quick and an upgrade on Dolan. Can also play on the left too. Has done it in the Championship before and even looked decent in the Premier League, scoring at OT one time. Nothing against Dolan, but NML would have been an experienced upgrade.

Barkhuizen - Showed during his time at Preston that he was a good player. Knows the league and can play out wide and down the middle. We could do worse on a free.

James Chester - experienced centre back, on a par with Lenihan in terms of ability, imo. I'd certainly have Chester ahead of Carter, Phillips, Magloire or any other kid we want to throw in.

McGoldrick - Wily, clever forward at this level and scores goals in this league. Good hold up play too. Might not start every game but would be good to have around and we'd actually have a central striker when he's on the pitch. Him or Burns/Vale? It's not even a question, for me.

Might be a very unpopular opinion, but I think Burns and Vale are more likely to be the next Butterworth and McBride, than the next Armstrong and Brereton. Give them a chance to see what they can do, fine, but I'm not expecting much.

I fear we're over egging how good some of these kids are and the reality of the Championship will slap us in the face if we don't bring some established players in. It's an unforgiving league and we're in danger of being lost in romanticism. We've lost key players, the loanees have gone, the squad is in a right state and if we don't bring in the required quality I think some will be shocked by how poor we look.

There is no criticism labelled at JDT or Broughton here. It's the bastards above them. Trying to flog us a youth project because they don't want to spend. "We're going to develop the kids", just bloody come out and say "we won't be spending much".

I hate that the positivity and enthusiasm that Broughton and JDT brought with them is being drained away due to the same old, dithering crap from people above them who don't know what they are doing.

Why have all those players gone to league one so?For a team that can pay new signings a maximum of 8k a week?

There are enough things to slag the club off for instead of taking it as fact that Hourihane turned us down when it has come from one poster with an awful record with information.

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t agree, but even if I did what about the bench ? Football is becoming a 16 man game nowadays. How strong your subs bench is can be crucial.

And you think those clubs I mentioned have benches brimming with experience and quality?

I'm not saying we don't need new signings but if you believe those other teams I mentioned have better than us then I'd say you haven't even looked at their squads 

6/7 of that line up I mentioned played most the games that got us into the top 6 last season 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Is it being grateful?

Or is it responding to post  that relegation is a forgone conclusion with the squad we have?

We had all this last summer being said we finished eighth.

There are poorer squads than ours .Wigan have a team made up of league one players they are yet to make a signing this summer.

People are acting like we won't make a single signing this summer because we have been inactive so far

Please don’t trivialise other opinions that the current squad is simply not good enough. I didn’t say relegation was a foregone conclusion. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Great Post 👏

Nyambe, Van Hecke, Lenihan, Ayala, BBD(probably) all gone from our starting 11 by August.....not a sniff of a signing.  Worrying times 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, den said:

Please don’t trivialise other opinions that the current squad is simply not good enough. I didn’t say relegation was a foregone conclusion. 

You said we wouldn't win a game.Surely that would lead to relegation.

I'm disagreeing that our squad would go down as it stands.

Signings will be made anyway 

Regardless of anything there will be changes to the current squad. Big Ben will 100% be sold. At the very least we will get in a few loans in. Any predicted starting 11 right now isn’t likely once window is closed. Permanent signings …..who knows but probably no one loan or permanent signing soon. Just being realistic based on previous summers.