BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If he goes I doubt the whole fee would be reinvested.

Personally I'd say if he doesn't go then we need to spend an absolute minimum of £6m in transfer fees and if he was sold for say £15m I'd say we'd need to be looking at spending £10/£11m of it but I'm not convinced we'd necessarily be any better off on the pitch.

Fair enough, so £6m if he stays and a further £4-5m of any Brereton proceeds?

Do you think we will spend what you think we need as outlined above?

I would be pleasantly surprised by that spend. I dont see a window where Brereton says but I would be amazed if we spent £10m even though that would still be a considerable profit overall.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

No provocation at all.

Shown around Brockhall AFTER JDT appointed so not a discard from Park's list.  He chose Derby when almost certainly he could have come here.

I personally have no reason to believe the rumour but even if it is true, as others have said it may have been the lure of first team football rather than the doomsday scenario that drove you to drink that you was implying.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

If you read Hourihane's quote upon joining Derby, he mentions how he wanted to go somewhere where he was excited by the project.

I think him choosing Derby over Rovers says a heck of a lot.

Also, it's quite something to look at Derby's signings, considering the turmoil they have been in, and to think those would have been good additions for us. That's how I feel, personally:

Hourihane, Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen, McGoldrick, James Chester.

Derby are getting their house in order now after everything they have been through. We have no excuse to be in the mess we are in.

I know we should have signed a few players by now which is a bit of a joke but I honestly wouldn’t have taken any of those players here at Rovers. Hourihane is a lazy bastard who’s past his best, Sheff Wednesday fans were glad to see the back of Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen is an average player with a poor injury record, McGoldrick in his prime is a top player at this level but he’s past it and the same comment applies to James Chester. 

• Like 4

Judging by the squad we have this minute in my opinion this is the best team for us 

4-2-3-1

kaminski 

JRC 

carter 

wharton 

pickering 

travis 

buckley 

dolan

dack

brereton 

gallagher 

subs: eastham, Ayala, Edun, Garrett, hedges ,Markanday, vale

so as you can see as talented and young this team is we lack depth and experience in many departments, the bench especially lacks experience

RB

Experienced CB 

1 or 2 CM, one being more defensive to back up and compete with Travis, and the other someone more creative like Buckley or who brings the ball out from deep like Rothwell even though dack can do that 

1 or 2 wingers as currently we only have brereton, Markanday and Dolan for that and none of the academy lads for that position are ready yet and I especially don’t wanna see Gallagher there again 

A striker, we have Gallagher and brereton for that role but need someone who knows how to score who can maybe offer something different 

Edited by TheRovers1994

42 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Judging by the squad we have this minute in my opinion this is the best team for us 

4-2-3-1

kaminski 

JRC 

carter 

wharton 

pickering 

travis 

buckley 

dolan

dack

brereton 

gallagher 

subs: eastham, Ayala, Edun, brown, Garrett, Markanday, burns/butterworth 

so as you can see as talented and young this team is we lack depth and experience in many departments, the bench especially lacks experience

RB

Experienced CB 

1 or 2 CM, one being more defensive to back up and compete with Travis, and the other someone more creative like Buckley or who brings the ball out from deep like Rothwell even though dack can do that 

1 or 2 wingers as currently we only have brereton, Markanday and Dolan for that and none of the academy lads for that position are ready yet and I especially don’t wanna see Gallagher there again 

A striker, we have Gallagher and brereton for that role but need someone who knows how to score who can maybe offer something different 

You forget Hedges and Vale there. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 hours ago, phili said:

I might be or 1-2k out but it is around that figure.

What worries me is if we have to implement the can't spend more than 70% of turnover on wages rule. Unless we could drastically increase turnover, we'd have a total wage budget of £7.8m. 

I think you just hit the nail on the head there.

Shame the brainless oafs in charge of the club can't understand the very basics. Is it really that hard to get your head around the concept that if you have more income then you have less problems with FFP and the like?

Its so simple a child could understand it.

5 hours ago, phili said:

I might be or 1-2k out but it is around that figure.

What worries me is if we have to implement the can't spend more than 70% of turnover on wages rule. Unless we could drastically increase turnover, we'd have a total wage budget of £7.8m. 

70% of 14.5m (2021 turnover) is 10.15m. Even so that is less than half of our current wage budget, so not good obviously.

Not sure if those 70% are supposed to be just the first team or all wages at the club incl. staff.
It doesn't really matter though as that rule doesn't exist and the entire championship would fall apart if it did.

Edit: If such a rule were to be implemented the EFL would have to increase the clubs' income somehow, possibly by doing away with the parachute payments and distributing that money more evenly.

Edited by OsloRover

The parachute payments most certainly need binning off. Poxy little clubs like Bournemouth are able to throw money at promotion to secure it. Yes there probably is an element of jealousy and bitterness in my opinion 

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 5

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we are not even signing one today.

Seems we didn't get any over the line. Well more likely there were never any to get over any line.

This is going to be an out and out development (experiment) season.

Buy kids, move bigger kids into first team, sell the ones who cope, use cash to support academy, buy more kids, round and around.

Implement the owner's 'vision'

Like a chicken breeding program.

Absolute fucking joke.

• Like 9

People are proper flapping aren't they 😂 I dread to think what would happen on here if we don't win tomorrow. Both games. Surely we'd be better waiting and getting the right player/ players. Rather than signings for the sake of signings. None of those who have gone derby would fit with what we want to do here. Let's face it Derby SHOULD walk that league. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Gavrover said:

Raya is Brentford's top paid player on 25k a week. Nothing transfer related but thought that interesting.. pretty sure he left us on 3 or 4K a week

That seems incredibly low for a top Premier league keeper (as ridiculous as that sounds). If you are to believe some on here Lenihan isn't on too much of a dissimilar salary at Boro!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

People are proper flapping aren't they 😂 I dread to think what would happen on here if we don't win tomorrow. Both games. Surely we'd be better waiting and getting the right player/ players. Rather than signings for the sake of signings. None of those who have gone derby would fit with what we want to do here. Let's face it Derby SHOULD walk that league. 

Why? Sunderland, Ipswich, Sheff Wed and a load more never have.

7 hours ago, phili said:

Not a surprise though, he would likely have been a squad player here so chose guaranteed first team football at Derby which at his age I can understand.

I think from all bits of information we have a transfer budget of something around £6-8m so reasonable. Our issue is our wage budget, we have the same as last year, so with all the players that have left we have around £45k a week to fund 6-8 players.

To be honest I'd be very happy with this budget, but what bits of information have allowed you to reach that figure?  I've seen Broughton suggest a 'healthy budget' whatever that means, and the news that we missed out on Anel (grow up) with the inference that we bid £3m... although there is absolutely no evidence to back that up either.

Genuinely asking, and hoping I've missed some snippet or news that has alluded to us having 6 - 8mill to spend.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Why? Sunderland, Ipswich, Sheff Wed and a load more never have.

It was early and that's why should was in capitals. I meant should get out rather than walk if I'm being honest. I understand it's a lot tougher than when we went down. Even only a few years on. Bar wigan and Shrewsbury randomly having a decent season, the standard was nowhere near as good as what it is now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rich Sharpe being back at work has no impact on our transfer dealings.

He won't have a scooby what's going on.

Like the manager situation he'll again tell us who we were interested in and interviewed.

Push him on that and he'll have no answer and then get a bit defensive then the snowflakes pop up with the usual excuses.

Round and round we go, meanwhile a couple of young loans that no one knows will be being lined up quietly.

• Like 3