BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

58 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Really? They've just been through hell and survived, been subject of a successful refinancing by an experienced crew who want to be in football, and as far as I know, they still have a shrewd and football oriented manager at the helm, in a league where with their nous and squad depth they will have an absolute ball. 

Hmm, nobody in their right mind would want to go there... right..

At 31 surely you want to be playing at the highest level possible.

Experienced manager? Rosenior?

47 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Egg men = Venkys of course, what with all the chickens.

Egg man = The manager, and lyricist here, who by being the egg men's man becomes the egg man.

Walrus = Steve Waggott, for obvious aesthetic reasons. By having to work under Waggott they become beholden to his walrus-like nature and become unto a walrus themselves.

Goo goo g'joob = An attempt to say he wants to do a 'good job', but his brain has been frazzled by the circus already and he can barely speak.

Pretty obvious stuff.

It's a magical mystery tour.

• Like 1

Forget about Mowbray and the waffle, 3 decent signings whether loan or not and a few more promoted will show mid table in this league isn't the rocket science his fanboys liked to believe.

Fine margins though, no decent signings and only using our own will have those same fanboys calling for ol'Tone and throwing the usual abuse blaming fans for his departure. Mid table would be a blessing once the knocks and niggles kick in.

The recruitment dept needs to be recruiting.

4 hours ago, phili said:

Although with Nyambe and Lenihan now both on £20k+ neither are in our price range.

For centre back, Charlie Goode is probably ideal for us and I am sure Brentford would be interested in selling. The only issue is he has a young family and they have stayed based in Northampton, so not sure he would join base on that. I expect a loan to buy offer

The Barnsley lad may be more difficult to get on the cheap but probably in the £2m - £3m range. 

I mention Charlie Goode a few weeks ago. He is decent player. 

which Barnsley lad? Callum Styles or Callum Brittain?

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

It’s not so much the lack of rumours, purely the lack of signings so far that’s annoying.

If we’re dipping into European markets, it’s no wonder things are being kept under wraps. Not many UK journalists (who have any interest in rovers) have any links to Scandinavian countries. Nixon certainly doesn’t. 

Proof will be in the pudding come our first lineup of the season I guess!

I would imagine that Rovers are focusing towards that market but I do wonder if they have scrap John Park recruitment plan and Gregg Broughton and this new head of recruitment will come up with a new recruitment plan. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phili said:

For centre back, Charlie Goode is probably ideal for us and I am sure Brentford would be interested in selling. The only issue is he has a young family and they have stayed based in Northampton, so not sure he would join base on that. I expect a loan to buy offer

Went to Sheffield Utd on loan last season so I'm sure he would come up north I'd the deal was right.

Knowing our lot though, it wouldn't be.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Boro linked to Armstrong on loan. They're really tryna collect our ex players if rumours are to be believed. Have they made Mowbray their head of recruitment or something?

I know one thing. It’s going to be extra fun taking 6 points off them next season 

COYB

4 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Hull signing Jean Michael Seri, great signing for them! How are these teams doing it!

Competent clubs with structures that don't take weeks to sign anything off.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

Yeah I'd say so. But with the same amount of certainty, I'm sure we'll make signings in a few key positions before the window closes.

The new set up were always going to be up against it straight away. The club never seem to act fast during the transfer window, whether that be due to ineptitude or poor internal structures. The recruitment process to bring them in took far too long, considering it would've been known that Mowbray was going. Plus GB & JDT have only really got a good look at the current squad last week and have had to reshape previous transfer target lists.

It doesn't look good at the moment, but it was always going to take time for them to make changes. As they both said when they arrived, it's going to take a bit of patience. 

Oh there will be signings but leaving it late means you've missed the best players on offer and the players you bring in are panic buys at the last minute.

Minimum of two centre backs, a right back, midfielder and 2 strikers are badly needed. 

I can see the club finish 13th or worse this season.  The way the club is run is a farce.

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Our transfer business is much like the managerial appointment, laboured, pedestrian and eventually desperate. 

We are now waiting for other clubs with bigger budgets to do there bidding and see whats left.

I remember Mowbray having the same predicament last season, his "A" targets went, his "B" targets went and he had to make do with "C"  list, which actually turned out to be much better than anyone expected.

Hopefully the transfer business doesnt' follow the same path as the manager appointment...after all I recall that the manager would be announced first, then the Football Director...I'm hoping the signing dont come after the season begins.  

48 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

1.5m transfer fee over 3 years is 500k pa plus his basic.....I'd say not far off at all....in fact I'd sack my agent if he didn't get me 20k

Your sums may be right but believe me even Boro won’t be paying him anywhere near that amount 

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Boro linked to Armstrong on loan. They're really tryna collect our ex players if rumours are to be believed. Have they made Mowbray their head of recruitment or something?

Can only hope he gets to write up their line up sheet each week.  Arma in goals, Derragh, you go lead the line!  Go get em lads!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

You are correct. Leaks were plugged quite early in the Mowbray reign. I recall him bitching about them, quite rightly, and someone got a plumber in.

I'm convinced 90% of the media links are agent trying to find a market for their players.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Oh there will be signings but leaving it late means you've missed the best players on offer and the players you bring in are panic buys at the last minute.

Minimum of two centre backs, a right back, midfielder and 2 strikers are badly needed. 

I can see the club finish 13th or worse this season.  The way the club is run is a farce.

I completely agree with the sentiment and the shopping list.

We were saying the same thing last season and we ended up finishing 8th. Farce or not, the situation is recoverable. We just have to trust we have the right men in place to bring in the players we need. Important couple of weeks.

59 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

1.5m transfer fee over 3 years is 500k pa plus his basic.....I'd say not far off at all....in fact I'd sack my agent if he didn't get me 20k

If they were interested in paying his transfer fee, they'd probably have bid it a while ago. Yeh him being on a free means he will get better wages as a result, but clubs don't target free agents because they're interested in giving them all their transfer fee equivalent in their wages. There are notable exceptions when a player is a huge commodity of course.

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If they were interested in paying his transfer fee, they'd probably have bid it a while ago. Yeh him being on a free means he will get better wages as a result, but clubs don't target free agents because they're interested in giving them all their transfer fee equivalent in their wages. There are notable exceptions when a player is a huge commodity of course.

Happens all the time, club agree to pay the fee, or slightly less to the player across his wages...its better for the buying club in terms of accounting..so I'm lead to believe....from horses mouth...Nyambe will be on close to 20k

Edited by Sparks Rover

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Happens all the time, club agree to pay the fee, or slightly less to the player across his wages...its better for the buying club in terms of amortisation of the asset., so I'm lead to believe....fr horses mouth...Nyambe will be on close to 20k

Will he even start for Boro?

I know Gibson generally backs the manager but 20k per week for someone who won't be a guaranteed starter? 

Jones will be RWB for them ,8 assists last season and he won't be on anything like 20 grand a week

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Nyambe is worth 15-20k a week in my book. Very very good right back. He will be in a promotion winning team or top 6 team in the coming years. We blew it with him.

He is good but if he goes to Boro he won't be starting unless they sell Jones.

If he is intent on leaving us he should go elsewhere.