BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

David Raya - Spanish international

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

If he does move that’ll be the sort of sum they’ll be talking about.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

So Raya now says Steven Drench was his main influence as a Rovers keeper coach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I wonder what the sell on % is we agreed? 10% of any profit would still rake in about £4m if he did go for the reported £40m. Hopefully JDT gets a chunk of that. 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Reading that the people who worked with him everywhere he played are falling over themselves to praise the lad. Mowbray thought otherwise and basically gave him away. I bet Brentford couldn’t believe their luck.

mowbray blamed him for our defensive s***ness at the time,he did`nt seem to understand  that we were fielding a converted midfielder (mulgrew) and a disinterested converted midfielder (rodwell) as centre backs,gianluigi buffon would have let goals in behind those two

• Like 4

On 04/03/2023 at 10:44, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Reading that the people who worked with him everywhere he played are falling over themselves to praise the lad. Mowbray thought otherwise and basically gave him away. I bet Brentford couldn’t believe their luck.

I remember seeing an interview with Raya last season on a BBC "Football Focus". Listening to him in that interview, you wouldn't have realised he was ever on our books.

He gave a lot of credit for his development to the people connected with Southport FC; I don't remember him saying much about his time as a Rovers. 

26 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

I remember seeing an interview with Raya last season on a BBC "Football Focus". Listening to him in that interview, you wouldn't have realised he was ever on our books.

He gave a lot of credit for his development to the people connected with Southport FC; I don't remember him saying much about his time as a Rovers. 

Christ, he only spent 4 months there!!

On 04/03/2023 at 15:37, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray blamed him for our defensive s***ness at the time,he did`nt seem to understand  that we were fielding a converted midfielder (mulgrew) and a disinterested converted midfielder (rodwell) as centre backs,gianluigi buffon would have let goals in behind those two

Wasn't that a 'Bennett at RB' phase too? Captain Fantastic never got dragged over the coals for his blunders though.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2