BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

David Raya - Spanish international

2 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I can't find the post, but I said when we flogged him for a pittance he would go on to play for Spain and here we are..

I don't want to go over old ground, but whilst he had a few weaknesses his positive attributes far outweighed those. The guy was class and produced saves he had no right to make.  Sold one of our own for a pittance to a rival. Some of the worst business I've ever seen. It's not like he'd never played a game for us and was somewhat of an unknown quantity.  Raya had exhibited massive amounts of potential.  Absolutely sickening. That we have a downgrade in Kaminski that's fairly steady no makes it no less bitter of a pill to swallow. Shocking piece of business!

If you don't want to go over old ground. Why have you just done exactly that ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

If you don't want to go over old ground. Why have you just done exactly that ?

I quite clearly do want to go over old ground or I would not have posted would I? Take it as tongue in cheek or however else you want. I don't really care.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to David Raya - Spanish international
43 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I can't find the post, but I said when we flogged him for a pittance he would go on to play for Spain and here we are..

I don't want to go over old ground, but whilst he had a few weaknesses his positive attributes far outweighed those. The guy was class and produced saves he had no right to make.  Sold one of our own for a pittance to a rival. Some of the worst business I've ever seen. It's not like he'd never played a game for us and was somewhat of an unknown quantity.  Raya had exhibited massive amounts of potential.  Absolutely sickening. That we have a downgrade in Kaminski that's fairly steady no makes it no less bitter of a pill to swallow. Shocking piece of business!

I'm generally with you and likewise predicted Raya was an international keeper in the making, even prior to him making his first team debut at Ewood.

Edited by darrenrover

1 hour ago, bazza said:

Stop blaming the club for him leaving. He wanted out and you can't stop someone leaving if they want to.

Yes, you can if they're under contract. That's the point of contracts. It's also why he didn't leave for free. Because we could stop him leaving, so they had to offer an amount we found acceptable. Which we did, and we let ourselves get ripped off.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Downgrade in Kaminski?

Kaminski who’s being getting into the Belgium squad for the last year or so?

In my opinion, Kaminski’s been better for us than Raya was during his time.

Raya was decent but had his shaky moments. Remember him being (rightly) dropped a couple of times.

The issue with Raya is that we initially replaced him with Walton. That was the real failure.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Downgrade in Kaminski?

Kaminski who’s being getting into the Belgium squad for the last year or so?

In my opinion, Kaminski’s been better for us than Raya was during his time.

Raya was decent but had his shaky moments. Remember him being (rightly) dropped a couple of times.

The issue with Raya is that we initially replaced him with Walton. That was the real failure.

We didn't get enough for him.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2022 at 18:59, Bohinen1983 said:

Raya was sold to fund the acquisition of Gallagher. That worked out well didn't it?

• Like 2

On 18/03/2022 at 22:34, roverandout said:

Looking at that Spain squad.  Its a farcry from xavi iniesta villa torres casillas pique silva puyol

Is this another example of downgrading David’s abilities? It seems no matter what the lad does there’s always going to be those that will never admit how good he is. By the way he’s pushed out the Manure keeper from the Spain squad.

21 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Is this another example of downgrading David’s abilities? It seems no matter what the lad does there’s always going to be those that will never admit how good he is. By the way he’s pushed out the Manure keeper from the Spain squad.

He’ll play for Spain one day. Not good enough for championship Rovers though.

36 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

He might be OK now...shit for us and dropped loads of clangers....short memories round here....I couldn't wait to get shut.

It was awful business by the club all round.

• Pushed out the door by Mowbray's public criticism and being dropped for no logical reason.  
  • Sold to a rival who ended up getting promoted.
  • The fee wasn't great for what he was.
  • We had no backup plan and had a huge downgrade in goal until we bought Kaminski (who I rate just a bit below Raya)

Just a classic Mowbray/Venkys cock up all round really. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17555220.rovers-keeper-raya-effects-mowbrays-criticism/

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17457039.i-dont-want-point-fingers---rovers-boss-keeper/ 

Looking at this sort of press I wonder why he left.  

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

It was awful business by the club all round.

• Pushed out the door by Mowbray's public criticism and being dropped for no logical reason.  
  • Sold to a rival who ended up getting promoted.
  • The fee wasn't great for what he was.
  • We had no backup plan and had a huge downgrade in goal until we bought Kaminski (who I rate just a bit below Raya)

Just a classic Mowbray/Venkys cock up all round really. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17555220.rovers-keeper-raya-effects-mowbrays-criticism/

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17457039.i-dont-want-point-fingers---rovers-boss-keeper/ 

Looking at this sort of press I wonder why he left.  

You missed the bit where he wanted to leave the club