BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The asterix of "within FFP rules" is somewhat diminshed as an excuse when the owners repeatedly overrule the manager and refuse to sell assets who are otherwise leaving for free.

Repeatedly? You mean when we didn't sell Rothwell? 

JDT seems quite happy Brererton wasnt sold for the shit offers we received 

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Repeatedly? You mean when we didn't sell Rothwell? 

JDT seems quite happy Brererton wasnt sold for the shit offers we received 

Rothwell. Brereton. Apparently Stoke bid for Nyambe last summer but even if that is merely a rumour, its still £13m+ down the drain. But boo hoo FFP stopping Venkys from splashing the cash.

The club were still trying to tie Nyambe down.If Stoke were offering a million quid we should have took it?

The money offered for Brererton was not good enough.JDT said many times he would rather Brererton stayed.

The offers were not even £10 million.If Brererton performs there will be takers from the premier league in January.Yes he can sign abroad but he could have decided to wait the season rather than half a season by not moving to the premier league the window just gone.

Iv banged on enough about us trading more but the mistakes have already happened players being allowed to get to their final year at least now players are getting tied down.Brererton aside what player of value needs renewing?That's a genuine question not being sparky.

The money offered for Rothwell was decent but at the same time we were second in the league and Bournemouth just behind us.And talk of Jed Wallace and Dembele coming in pie in the sky.Bournmouth were in for Dembele regardless and if Bauer's wages shocked Mowbray what would he have thought of Wallace's.

We were 2nd in the league,things were going very well at the time and you sell your second best performer to the team right behind you.If ever there was a circumstance for short term thinking last season was it.

If Mowbray had the opportunity to bring in a forward player which he did admit then that is on him.Even if that would have only been a loan deal someone should have been brought in.We will never know but even Maja..maybe he would have been involved v Sheff United put the penalty away and we went on to win that game Using Ryan Giles as he did.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The club were still trying to tie Nyambe down.If Stoke were offering a million quid we should have took it?

The money offered for Brererton was not good enough.JDT said many times he would rather Brererton stayed.

The offers were not even £10 million.If Brererton performs there will be takers from the premier league in January.Yes he can sign abroad but he could have decided to wait the season rather than half a season by not moving to the premier league the window just gone.

Iv banged on enough about us trading more but the mistakes have already happened players being allowed to get to their final year at least now players are getting tied down.Brererton aside what player of value needs renewing?That's a genuine question not being sparky.

The money offered for Rothwell was decent but at the same time we were second in the league and Bournemouth just behind us.And talk of Jed Wallace and Dembele coming in pie in the sky.Bournmouth were in for Dembele regardless and if Bauer's wages shocked Mowbray what would he have thought of Wallace's.

We were 2nd in the league,things were going very well at the time and you sell your second best performer to the team right behind you.If ever there was a circumstance for short term thinking last season was it.

If Mowbray had the opportunity to bring in a forward player which he did admit then that is on him.Even if that would have only been a loan deal someone should have been brought in.We will never know but even Maja..maybe he would have been involved v Sheff United put the penalty away and we went on to win that game Using Ryan Giles as he did.

You are falling into the chaddy trap of withholding opinion because of what the manager said.

Would’ve been meltdown towards the owners if they’d flogged Rothwell. There’s only a 50/50 chance at best that we’d have got any replacements over the line and even then they might’ve turned up wearing ripped jeans.

The timeline of events has been unfortunate in the BBD situation. Went from pretty much valueless (with no clamour for a new contract from anyone) to a goal scoring sensation overnight. Again, should we have cashed in in January when we were 2nd?

If we’re only getting bids now of ~£8m, how much would we have re-invested into the team, and how much to “stave off FFP”? After finding an adequate replacement we might as well have gambled the remaining £4m on Diaz firing us into the playoffs himself.

Unfortunately, we can’t make nor expect the lad sign a new contract now, but I don’t necessarily think these were missteps by the club, it’s a bit more nuanced imo

• Like 2

I dont get this argument that people would go mad at the owners, that shouldnt affect decisions. And for one, they shouldnt overrule the manager, meaning that the owners wouldnt be judged on individual signings and sales, only if they didnt invest enough.

The point was though that FFP is being used as a big limitation which in isolation it could be. But we cant use it as an excuse when we have turned away over £12m in fees in 6 months for players that are otherwise running their contracts down.

On Brereton, it isnt just one of those things. The situation should not be determined by potential fan reaction, there is an investment to protect. But even then, initially a new deal should have been pushed after that decent season when he scored 7. But even factoring that in, we could have still sold this summer having made that mistake and made a profit on investment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You are falling into the chaddy trap of withholding opinion because of what the manager said.

No I ain't no manager in their right mind would have wanted Brererton sold for the amount offered he is our only goalscorer. 

And Mowbray could have brought in a forward 

Edited by islander200

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No I ain't no manager in their right mind would have wanted Brererton sold for the amount offered he is our only goalscorer. 

And Mowbray could have brought in a forward 

He could have loaned one who would now be no longer at the club and I have said as much in the past. It has no relevance though to my point about moaning about FFP yet throwing so much down the drain at the same time. Nor my point about Mowbray saying anything leading to people frothing at the mouth.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He could have loaned one who would now be no longer at the club and I have said as much in the past. It has no relevance though to my point about moaning about FFP yet throwing so much down the drain at the same time. Nor my point about Mowbray saying anything leading to people frothing at the mouth.

We spent 5 million on Gallagher 8 on Brererton 1.5 or whatever it was on Armstrong and then all the other players including loans which also cost money.The Armstrong money was obviously needed to balance the books.The pandemic has to be taken into consideration.

I'm not moaning about what we spend.You compare our ticket prices with Wigan and Preston those clubs spend bugger all in comparison to us in the market.(I do think our tickets are too expensive btw)

When we got promoted from league 1 money was found for Armstrong and Brererton amongst others whilst running a wage bill considerably higher than our income.Wigan brought in some free transfers and loans.

I'm obviously not happy that these players left for free but the first step is getting your assets tied down to longer contracts which we are now doing 

Mowbray is a spoofer and people can call him out on it if they want 

We also have one of the higher net spends this summer without recieving a penny for those assets so I'm not complaining.

I think Mowbray had had a decent amount to spend and not much on the field in return.Only last season for part of it until thrown away did we ever look capable.He has bugger all too be complaining about should be thankful he got as long as he did 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

We spent 5 million on Gallagher 8 on Brererton 1.5 or whatever it was on Armstrong and then all the other players including loans which also cost money.The Armstrong money was obviously needed to balance the books.The pandemic has to be taken into consideration.

I'm not moaning about what we spend.You compare our ticket prices with Wigan and Preston those clubs spend bugger all in comparison to us in the market.(I do think our tickets are too expensive btw)

When we got promoted from league 1 money was found for Armstrong and Brererton amongst others whilst running a wage bill considerably higher than our income.Wigan brought in some free transfers and loans.

I'm obviously not happy that these players left for free but the first step is getting your assets tied down to longer contracts which we are now doing 

Mowbray is a spoofer and people can call him out on it if they want 

The ticket prices have absolutely nothing to do with it. Our higher ticket prices dont necessarily lead to more revenue because quantity goes down as a result.

My issue with Venkys has never primarily been about how much. Its about them overruling and having an all or nothing policy, hence why we will never be efficient under them. I wont swallow the FFP excuses when the owners have demonstrated more than once a lack of willingess to stick to a plan and a short term mentality.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The ticket prices have absolutely nothing to do with it. Our higher ticket prices dont necessarily lead to more revenue because quantity goes down as a result.

My issue with Venkys has never primarily been about how much. Its about them overruling and having an all or nothing policy, hence why we will never be efficient under them. I wont swallow the FFP excuses when the owners have demonstrated more than once a lack of willingess to stick to a plan and a short term mentality.

It isnt all our nothing though they wanted more originally for Armstrong and similar with Rhodes but come on the bids for Brererton was taking the piss and under the circumstances with Rothwell for me its understandable

JDT will not have wanted Brererton sold for that amount of money a portion of that fee would have had to have been used to balance the books a bit so he would be lucky to have got a few million to bring in a replacement.As much as he says journey a manager has to make some impact he wouldn't have wanted his main source of goals leaving for a couple of million.They spent more than other clubs this summer regardless 

And il be honest I think you are mad if you think even at top clubs managers don't get overruled on selling a player?Why do you see unhappy players kept at other clubs? Because other teams haven't met their valuations.Managers don't want unhappy players around but clubs want money they don't always give in to the player .

We were in a great position and although not his biggest fan overall Rothwell was a major player for us in that period .

Money was spent this summer ,from the sounds a couple of other deals close didn't get over the line see what January brings.

We don't agree on it but I honestly think the owners were seeing how things went with the manager after the previous season and like it or lump it they own us and didn't fully trust his opinion anymore 

Early signs contract situation being dealt with 

Edited by islander200

21 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It isnt all our nothing though they wanted more originally for Armstrong and similar with Rhodes but come on the bids for Brererton was taking the piss and under the circumstances with Rothwell for me its understandable

JDT will not have wanted Brererton sold for that amount of money a portion of that fee would have had to have been used to balance the books a bit so he would be lucky to have got a few million to bring in a replacement.As much as he says journey a manager has to make some impact he wouldn't have wanted his main source of goals leaving for a couple of million.They spent more than other clubs this summer regardless 

And il be honest I think you are mad if you think even at top clubs managers don't get overruled on selling a player?Why do you see unhappy players kept at other clubs? Because other teams haven't met their valuations.Managers don't want unhappy players around but clubs want money they don't always give in to the player .

We were in a great position and although not his biggest fan overall Rothwell was a major player for us in that period .

Money was spent this summer ,from the sounds a couple of other deals close didn't get over the line see what January brings.

We don't agree on it but I honestly think the owners were seeing how things went with the manager after the previous season and like it or lump it they own us and didn't fully trust his opinion anymore 

Early signs contract situation being dealt with 

Like it or lump it is not a valid point, obviously neither of us can impact anything but my opinion is that allowing assets to run their contracts down and chucking £12m+ plus down the drain by overruling the manager is not an efficient way to run a football club and removes the validity of the FFP line that is constantly used. It also undermines the supposed journey idea to think so short term. You say that they didnt trust him which is a baseless theory but in such a case, anything other than sacking him once that trust is lost is typically idiotic.

Until the owners stop overruling decisions then no matter how proactive the employees below are, there will be cases when players get to the final year of their deal at which point a sale has to be made.

The whole point of becoming even slightly more sustainable is to buy assets, profit, pocket some, reinvest some and continue, thats how you do a "journey" and Venkys have totally failed since day 1.

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i`de like to baseball bat him for misusing harrison reed  and flogging raya cheaply then bringing in walton

Raya---We don't mention him much. What a loss. Wonder if there are any sell-on clauses, because he's worth a hell of a lot more than £3.5M now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, arbitro said:

Didn't Mowbray himself to public and say he had unspent money at the end of one (or two) transfer windows? And what about the money he wasted on new, lengthy contracts and loan signings for players who weren't good enough. He never accepted responsibility here and his true colours are outed.

He said it in January too. Said he could have brought in a centre forward but we don't play that way.

The dozy monkey faced twit.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You both are going off on massive tangents. My point was merely that Mowbray complimented the history of the club and the academy, and also like many of us questioned the owners with a fact about the lack of post Armstrong funding thrown in. None of that warrants the angry reaction from many on here which supports the conclusion that Mowbray could literally say anything and wind up lots of our fans now. 

Also, the bit in bold, it doesn't wash.

no response to the points I made like advising our head of recruitment to leave for another club whilst Rovers head coach (I would have sacked him for that), his stubbornness at not ditching his 3-4-3 formation when it was clearly to plenty of Rovers fans it wasn't working (you backed him on keeping it) and we needed to go back playing 4-2-3-1 formation. 

If he was so unhappy about contract situation, then he could have also quit couldn't you, but he decided to stay here. So, it's time he put a sock in it. 

on the budget, he decided not to spend his budget last season. That's on him. If we sign Maja maybe his budget but we didn't so Money left over summer budget? is that incorrect? 

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Over a decade of negligent ownership probably outranks a strange tactical decision in a game we went on to win, to be fair.

The owners more than enough backed Mowbray in every season he was here, and I don't get how you can say he wasn't. 

They were plenty of strange tactical decisions from Mowbray. Here are some of them, playing Gallagher at right back, moving Armstrong to the left from the number 9 to play Elliott has false 9 now, Kharda as a wing back against Reading away, Johnson false 9 against Derby. That is just off top of my head. 

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Rothwell. Brereton. Apparently Stoke bid for Nyambe last summer but even if that is merely a rumour, its still £13m+ down the drain. But boo hoo FFP stopping Venkys from splashing the cash.

You don't sell a key player to your direct rival in a promotion run in. 

You would have sold Brereton-Diaz on the cheap and we discussed plenty of this recently and my opinion hasn't change and I still back keeping him for the season even if he leaves at the end of the season. 

Rovers wanted to keep Nyambe on longer contract and we don't even know what the bid was. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He wanted Maja on a loan to buy but sadly him and his staff didn't do their homework on him and didn't know he had back injury. Also, Mowbray had Money to spend in January for a forward, but he decided not to which is from the person himself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

no response to the points I made like advising our head of recruitment to leave for another club whilst Rovers head coach (I would have sacked him for that), his stubbornness at not ditching his 3-4-3 formation when it was clearly to plenty of Rovers fans it wasn't working (you backed him on keeping it) and we needed to go back playing 4-2-3-1 formation. 

If he was so unhappy about contract situation, then he could have also quit couldn't you, but he decided to stay here. So, it's time he put a sock in it. 

on the budget, he decided not to spend his budget last season. That's on him. If we sign Maja maybe his budget but we didn't so Money left over summer budget? is that incorrect? 

The owners more than enough backed Mowbray in every season he was here, and I don't get how you can say he wasn't. 

They were plenty of strange tactical decisions from Mowbray. Here are some of them, playing Gallagher at right back, moving Armstrong to the left from the number 9 to play Elliott has false 9 now, Kharda as a wing back against Reading away, Johnson false 9 against Derby. That is just off top of my head. 

You don't sell a key player to your direct rival in a promotion run in. 

You would have sold Brereton-Diaz on the cheap and we discussed plenty of this recently and my opinion hasn't change and I still back keeping him for the season even if he leaves at the end of the season. 

Rovers wanted to keep Nyambe on longer contract and we don't even know what the bid was. 

He wanted Maja on a loan to buy but sadly him and his staff didn't do their homework on him and didn't know he had back injury. Also, Mowbray had Money to spend in January for a forward, but he decided not to which is from the person himself. 

You can choose to do a thorough post mortem over years worth of tactics, ultimately I am not really interested.

But either way, I wanted Mowbray out too, for longer than you. My points were more about the crazy reactions any time he speaks, but mainly as to Venkys who sadly remain.

He never said that he had money to spend in January. He did say that he could sign a striker in January and didn't, but he specifically said a young striker on loan from the Premier League.

There hasn't been backing in every window either, that is bullshit and has nothing to do with defending Mowbray, to whom I refer you to paragraph 2. They didn't back the manager last summer, when none of the money was allowed to be reinvested. Cry foul of FFP all you like, the speculated reason for the lack of spending doesn't make it any less of a valid point even if it is true, but you can't then go on to still defend examples of turning money down for assets running their contracts down. They didn't back the manager in January, when we spent £700k, I don't want you to go off on a tangent about how a loanee was wasted, I know, I agree, but again I am separating this from Mowbray. The season before, we didn't spend anything really, and the season before that, we did buy Gallagher but he sacrificed Raya to fund most of that. There is a big expectation over the academy plugging gaps too. So what he said about the owners and the implications about their ambition or lack of tallies up. He made a valid point even if he is probably doing it to try and save face and it doesn't change that I am glad that he has gone.

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You can choose to do a thorough post mortem over years worth of tactics, ultimately I am not really interested.

But either way, I wanted Mowbray out too, for longer than you. My points were more about the crazy reactions any time he speaks, but mainly as to Venkys who sadly remain.

He never said that he had money to spend in January. He did say that he could sign a striker in January and didn't, but he specifically said a young striker on loan from the Premier League.

There hasn't been backing in every window either, that is bullshit and has nothing to do with defending Mowbray, to whom I refer you to paragraph 2. They didn't back the manager last summer, when none of the money was allowed to be reinvested. Cry foul of FFP all you like, the speculated reason for the lack of spending doesn't make it any less of a valid point even if it is true, but you can't then go on to still defend examples of turning money down for assets running their contracts down. They didn't back the manager in January, when we spent £700k, I don't want you to go off on a tangent about how a loanee was wasted, I know, I agree, but again I am separating this from Mowbray. The season before, we didn't spend anything really, and the season before that, we did buy Gallagher but he sacrificed Raya to fund most of that. There is a big expectation over the academy plugging gaps too. So what he said about the owners and the implications about their ambition or lack of tallies up. He made a valid point even if he is probably doing it to try and save face and it doesn't change that I am glad that he has gone.

Again what paid for Gallagher, Brererton and Armstrong in the first place? A sale or sales were always going to have to happen to balance the books ffs.

Last summer and the previous Sumner throughout the pandemic and after it name me the championship clubs that went out and spent significantly?

Again the multiple other players that came in wether that be loans which we had plenty ,free transfers or low transfer fees it all adds up and if we were to add it it would be a nice sum.

His first few years here running a wage bill at 180% to turnover who was paying the money to make up the shortfall? 

This summer money spent,what or who has paid for this? 

Name the championship clubs with our revenue that get similar backing for recruitment?

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Jack used to over rule managers all the time, no one seemed to complain then as it was his money and he could do with it what he wanted. He purchased Kevin Davis without even discussing it with Roy and several others as well.

It happens all the time with owners and even more on the continent.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Again what paid for Gallagher, Brererton and Armstrong in the first place? A sale or sales were always going to have to happen to balance the books ffs.

Last summer and the previous Sumner throughout the pandemic and after it name me the championship clubs that went out and spent significantly?

Again the multiple other players that came in wether that be loans which we had plenty ,free transfers or low transfer fees it all adds up and if we were to add it it would be a nice sum.

His first few years here running a wage bill at 180% to turnover who was paying the money to make up the shortfall? 

This summer money spent,what or who has paid for this? 

Name the championship clubs with our revenue that get similar backing for recruitment?

You are so keen to defend the owners at the moment for some reason, I have repeated that my main criticisms are not necessarily the money spent but the underlying inefficiencies in how it is spent and how it doesn't conform to a plan.

I never said that there wasn't a reason mid-pandemic not to splash big money but equally there wasn't backing at that time. There might be a reason for it if we take the pandemic as a reason, but that still doesn't defy the idea that there wasn't backing at that time. Same with last summer, again even if you take FFP as the reason despite any mention of it in public and I do not want to waste time having that debate, so lets assume the reason last summer was FFP. Again, there was no backing. You could perhaps constructively argue that there was no backing in either summer for valid reasons, but there was still no backing. FFP is the constant excuse, but the owners have shown total disregard towards trying to be as efficient as possible within FFP rules in the last 6-12 months anyway.

Because Mowbray has said it, again people jump to the defence of the owners presumably so that they can get angry at Mowbray again.

I have always championed a system of profiting on assets when you can cash in on them and reinvesting part of that, its the best way a club like ours can sustainably flourish, we NEVER have shown signs of doing it because it is undermined by the owners regardless of each new member of staff coming in and comparing us to Brentford when quite clearly the owners have no interest in a similar model.

20 minutes ago, phili said:

Jack used to over rule managers all the time, no one seemed to complain then as it was his money and he could do with it what he wanted. He purchased Kevin Davis without even discussing it with Roy and several others as well.

Jack's Walker's ownership was before my time and it was a totally different era. And the example you give is of a choice that was detrimental.

19 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i`de like to baseball bat him for misusing harrison reed  and flogging raya cheaply then bringing in walton

Oh yeah, that crap. Wasn't it something really absurd that Reed would have to learn to play CM by watching Richie Smallwood, or something like that?

And Walton must be one of the worst keepers I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt, along with Jason Steele.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You are so keen to defend the owners at the moment for some reason, I have repeated that my main criticisms are not necessarily the money spent but the underlying inefficiencies in how it is spent and how it doesn't conform to a plan.

I never said that there wasn't a reason mid-pandemic not to splash big money but equally there wasn't backing at that time. There might be a reason for it if we take the pandemic as a reason, but that still doesn't defy the idea that there wasn't backing at that time. Same with last summer, again even if you take FFP as the reason despite any mention of it in public and I do not want to waste time having that debate, so lets assume the reason last summer was FFP. Again, there was no backing. You could perhaps constructively argue that there was no backing in either summer for valid reasons, but there was still no backing. FFP is the constant excuse, but the owners have shown total disregard towards trying to be as efficient as possible within FFP rules in the last 6-12 months anyway.

Because Mowbray has said it, again people jump to the defence of the owners presumably so that they can get angry at Mowbray again.

I have always championed a system of profiting on assets when you can cash in on them and reinvesting part of that, its the best way a club like ours can sustainably flourish, we NEVER have shown signs of doing it because it is undermined by the owners regardless of each new member of staff coming in and comparing us to Brentford when quite clearly the owners have no interest in a similar model.

Jack's Walker's ownership was before my time and it was a totally different era. And the example you give is of a choice that was detrimental.

I'm not keen to defend the owners.Said many times my thoughts on them.

You keep going on about the Armstrong money and I'm pointing out the money spent on Gallagher, Brererton, Arma and the multiple other players brought in had to be paid for somehow.

Rothwell was the only player in Mowbrays reign where they overruled the sale.Just because Stoke put a bid in for Nyambe that bid could have been 500k for all you know.

Not many clubs would be selling one of their better performers to the team sat directly behind them when in 2nd. 

The pandemic isn't an excuse it's a fact and I asked you to show me the teams that spent last summer and the summer before you can't because there isn't that many. 

Again this summer money was spent more than most clubs in the division.

And you don't give your players away.The offers for Brererton were insufficient.JDT or any manager in their right mind wouldn't have wanted him sold for that.

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'm not keen to defend the owners.Said many times my thoughts on them.

You keep going on about the Armstrong money and I'm pointing out the money spent on Gallagher, Brererton, Arma and the multiple other players brought in had to be paid for somehow.

Rothwell was the only player in Mowbrays reign where they overruled the sale.Just because Stoke put a bid in for Nyambe that bid could have been 500k for all you know.

Not many clubs would be selling one of their better performers to the team sat directly behind them when in 2nd. 

The pandemic isn't an excuse it's a fact and I asked you to show me the teams that spent last summer and the summer before you can't because there isn't that many. 

Again this summer money was spent more than most clubs in the division.

And you don't give your players away.The offers for Brererton were insufficient.JDT or any manager in their right mind wouldn't have wanted him sold for that.

Rothwell was the only player in Mowbrays reign - I have been pretty consistent in saying that it is not an issue just in Mowbray's tenure, it is a Venkys thing. Ties in to my point that once Mowbray says anything, regardless of accuracy it causes rage and an inability for some to stop then going into an in depth analysis of why he shouldn't be here anymore

The pandemic isn't an excuse it's a fact - I never really argued otherwise. It can be a valid excuse AND a somewhat justification for that lack of backing that I have mentioned

You don't give your players away - Venkys seemingly did not have any interest in negotiating, in which case I would imagine we could have got higher than 10 million euros. But is 10 million euros giving him away, or is it indeed a considerable chunk of money for a Championship club bemoaning FFP, and well in excess of what we spent? 

Again this summer money was spent - The first summer in 3, but yes, again you clearly have not read my posts in which I have repeatedly stated that it isn't the amount of spending that necessarily frustrates me, its the lack of underlying, consistent plan.

2 hours ago, rickard said:

Oh yeah, that crap. Wasn't it something really absurd that Reed would have to learn to play CM by watching Richie Smallwood, or something like that?

And Walton must be one of the worst keepers I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt, along with Jason Steele.

he played reed out wide because he would`nt drop corry evans,stating that reed needed to learn to play in the centre of the park,friggin bizarre🙄

never thought it was possible but walton was far worse than steele,he genuinley is the worst goalkeeper iv`e ever seen,worse than alan fettis ffs and that takes some doing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Well, that isn't a surprised is it given that it was stubbornness and unwillingness to change our formation and tactics that cost us our playoff place and chance of promotion. With that fact you backed sticking with the back 3 formation that wasn't working for weeks after weeks.

It simply doesn't matter how long you wanted him out for. Irrelevant to be honest. 

Venkys continue to back the club and every manager/head coach who is appointed. 

There hasn't been backing in every window either, that is bullshit and has nothing to do with defending Mowbray, to whom I refer you to paragraph 2. They didn't back the manager last summer, when none of the money was allowed to be reinvested. Cry foul of FFP all you like, the speculated reason for the lack of spending doesn't make it any less of a valid point even if it is true, but you can't then go on to still defend examples of turning money down for assets running their contracts down. They didn't back the manager in January, when we spent £700k, I don't want you to go off on a tangent about how a loanee was wasted, I know, I agree, but again I am separating this from Mowbray.

We had Money to spend in January and several well-respected posters have posted this on here. Yes I know Rovers could have signed a young PL striker on loan last January and Mowbray refuse the deal. I know who this striker was. I think he would have good option for us for 4 months. 

Mowbray was backed last summer and he had budget to spend and he decided to sign 5 players with it, He still have money left over from it. Maybe if Maja had sign on loan then the budget might have been spent, but we didn't. Mowbray then decided to sign 5 during that window, and people have posted on here he still money left over. I am led to believe that the owners give the budget to the club for the season and its down to the Manager in Mowbray case or now down to Broughton and Tomasson how we spend that budget over the season. 

The Armstrong money went to settled last season FFP requirements. You don't sell key players to your rivals in a promotion race, and you don't sell your key goal scorer on the cheap like you would have accepted low offers for him from 3 clubs. 

The season before, we didn't spend anything really,

We spend around 2 million in fees and Mowbray was allowed to sign 12 players during that season and have a squad over 30 players. Plus, covid hit the club heard in terms of revenue and no money coming into the club. Yet the owners backed the manager and club in the money. Also, why the bought the training ground to help us with FFP this season. More money they put into the club. 

and the season before that, we did buy Gallagher but he sacrificed Raya to fund most of that. There is a big expectation over the academy plugging gaps too. So what he said about the owners and the implications about their ambition or lack of tallies up. He made a valid point even if he is probably doing it to try and save face and it doesn't change that I am glad that he has gone.

The academy is producing quality players who are first team standard so they should be part of the squad. JDT has been willing to put his faith and believe in players like Adam Wharton, Sam Barnes, Ash Phillips and Jack Vale to make them part of first team squad 

22 hours ago, phili said:

I think better examples were Geoff Thomas where Walker overuled Dalglish or Zidane where he over ruled Harford/ I was under the impression that Hodgson wanted Davies, but as an up and coming player and was not consulted on the deal and was as shocked as everyone else when we paid the fee we paid.