BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Just like here, his only interest and intention is to line his own pockets and those of his friends. 

Dickhead.

Isn’t that why we work? To line our own pockets? 

The vast majority don’t do it for the love of the job, are football managers different? 

• 2 weeks later...

I think there'll be a few more yet as TM was here 5 years and he had carte blanche to build his own staff. There will be more loyalty to him than BRFC and i'd expect a player or two to follow. This is how Mowbray always works.

Hopefully they are brassic so can't pull any of our good players.

• Like 1

In other words 'i'm a great manager but had no backing so couldn't push them on' 

Still full of shit he's going through his full repertoire up there now on a daily basis but doesn't explain why he was on the scrapheap when Rovers plucked him up.

He's right about reinvestment but the other side of the coin is he had great backing from the owners under the circumstances. And he was NEVER forced to sell one player so you can't have it all ways when working under tight conditions.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

This exodus of staff to Sunderland is really starting to take the piss.

It's only 2 staff that joined them since Summer. Hindle and Scout Barrett

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Read this article early today. He makes it out like he left us not that his contract wasn't renew

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that his comments will again rile the majority but what he says is true. Praises our history and our academy and points out that the owners didnt reinvest any of the Armstrong money and indirectly blames them for us being where we are. Glad hes gone but what he says is on the money 

Who did we sell to fund Gallagher, Brererton , Armstrong and the multiple other players brought in in his reign.No mention of that by good old Tony.

Some of the Armstrong money should have been reinvested but where did the money come from to sign players this summer?

We were not the only club to cut back on spending money in the Championship after the pandemic.During his reign he had plenty to work with, more than a good few other clubs.

Funny thing is we had our best season and highest finishing position under Mowbray after we sold Armstrong.You build a club up by knowing when to get rid of a player not offer contract after contract to the Bennet's and Evans etc.Going off his demeanor when some of those players left the club he was unhappy, he wanted new deals for them.

We have shit owners but sick of it being used as an excuse.And that is what Mowbray is doing...it was the Coventry owners fault...it was the Celtic owners fault

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Who did we sell to fund Gallagher, Brererton , Armstrong and the multiple other players brought in in his reign.No mention of that by good old Tony.

Some of the Armstrong money should have been reinvested but where did the money come from to sign players this summer?

We were not the only club to cut back on spending money in the Championship after the pandemic.During his reign he had plenty to work with, more than a good few other clubs.

Funny thing is we had our best season and highest finishing position under Mowbray after we sold Armstrong.You build a club up by knowing when to get rid of a player not offer contract after contract to the Bennet's and Evans etc.Going off his demeanor when some of those players left the club he was unhappy, he wanted new deals for them.

We have shit owners but sick of it being used as an excuse.And that is what Mowbray is doing...it was the Coventry owners fault...it was the Celtic owners fault

Im just saying that in general, I feel that all of his points about the club and the owners are valid. That seemingly gets twisted into a defence of him individually and potentially even a justification for a new contract. We do have shit owners yes, and thats all thats relevant to us in the here and now.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that his comments will again rile the majority but what he says is true. Praises our history and our academy and points out that the owners didnt reinvest any of the Armstrong money and indirectly blames them for us being where we are. Glad hes gone but what he says is on the money 

Blimey they back him every season. Last season no he didn't get the Armstrong money but he has to understand that money was needed for FFP. Plus he still had Gallagher and Brereton who cost 12 million. If he was so unhappy he could have walk away couldn't he? I'm bored of listening and reading his comments now. His Stuart Harvey's comments riled me more than this article but I see these latest comments as his saving face then anything. He failed to mention that it was his fault why we went from second to 8th in 3 months, wasted Giles, wouldn't changes his tactics that wasn't working in the last 3 months. 

• Like 6

Poor old Tony. It's tough when you get no support from the owners. 

The fact they let him spend 7 million (a huge sum for us) on a player who did nothing for 2 years - goodness what horrible support. 

The fact that those nasty owners didn't can him in any one of three lengthy death spirals - weren't they against him? Actually this does annoy me for their wanton disregard for Rovers, but it's taking the piss to say he wasn't supported when they stuck with him during some very bad runs. 

On that point maybe the reason we didn't progress is perhaps down to those death spirals? It's a school of thought. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey they back him every season. Last season no he didn't get the Armstrong money but he has to understand that money was needed for FFP. Plus he still had Gallagher and Brereton who cost 12 million. If he was so unhappy he could have walk away couldn't he? I'm bored of listening and reading his comments now. His Stuart Harvey's comments riled me more than this article but I see these latest comments as his saving face then anything. He failed to mention that it was his fault why we went from second to 8th in 3 months, wasted Giles, wouldn't changes his tactics that wasn't working in the last 3 months. 

Spot on

• Like 3

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Spot on.

Mowbray should have been given some Armstrong money to reinvest, he should have been allowed to sell Rothwell too, that could have made the difference last season.

Anyway we're now on another journey, I'm sure we'll be having the same conversation in 2yrs time when the board turns against JDT, in fact its already started.

I'd suggest now it's the room in the budget the AA money freed up that has been spent recently.

I'm not sure Mowbrays word is gospel on these subjects all for some reason he'd lost their backing in transfer money a long time ago.  Still hard to accept they didn't back him in Jan for a real promotion tilt but he was still able to bring in 4 decent players on paper and look what happened with them.

If he'd been given a couple of million instead he'd probably not have gone for it himself we'd have had 2 signining like the Spurs lad instead of 1.

Mowbray himself was never about promotion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Poor old Tony. It's tough when you get no support from the owners. 

The fact they let him spend 7 million (a huge sum for us) on a player who did nothing for 2 years - goodness what horrible support. 

The fact that those nasty owners didn't can him in any one of three lengthy death spirals - weren't they against him? Actually this does annoy me for their wanton disregard for Rovers, but it's taking the piss to say he wasn't supported when they stuck with him during some very bad runs. 

On that point maybe the reason we didn't progress is perhaps down to those death spirals? It's a school of thought. 

Didn't Mowbray himself to public and say he had unspent money at the end of one (or two) transfer windows? And what about the money he wasted on new, lengthy contracts and loan signings for players who weren't good enough. He never accepted responsibility here and his true colours are outed.

• Like 6