BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

Is a derby match the best gauge of that though?

If you only went to the Dingles game, you’d think ‘bloody hell, these Rovers fans are full of pride and passion!’

And on the flip side with Boro, I can’t imagine passion would be flowing from the stands if you watched them play out a 0-0 with QPR in front of a half empty ground  instead of winning a derby in front of a near full house.

Ewood is no more or less passionate than most other second tier grounds, it’s just bloody empty due to ridiculous ST prices.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Having been to Boro plenty times i can absolutely guarantee that isn't the norm up there. 

They haven't played each other for a few years so it was a bit of an occasion although to be fair Boro are ambitious again. At places like that it also brings a far bigger weight of expectation and fans can turn far quicker than the more genteel surroundings down here.

26 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Having been to Boro plenty times i can absolutely guarantee that isn't the norm up there. 

They haven't played each other for a few years so it was a bit of an occasion although to be fair Boro are ambitious again. At places like that it also brings a far bigger weight of expectation and fans can turn far quicker than the more genteel surroundings down here.

Bingo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Over 30,000 at Boro last night, the place was bouncing before kick off, everything that Ewood is missing sadly.

Give the fans something to get behind, local pride, local passion and that last night would be the result, or at least someway to it. 

What a dumb comparison! It was a big local derby ffs 

When we play Burnley it will be the same 

Although if the "authorities" do as they did the last few occasions the dingles came to town and leave a ridiculously massive amount of seats empty to seperate the supporters and make it a real ballache for travelling fans to get to the game unless they use the authorised transport we wont get near full capacity 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

Audacious from Wilder to use Ryan Giles as a LWB. It must have really thrown Sunderland.

Though, speaking seriously, I don't  yet feel in a position to mock Mowbray too much as Tomasson seems, as yet, to be another man of the 4-4-2 era who hasn't come to terms with the state of play now. (Maybe, he's in the majority because I find myself bemused by it too).

I don't know much about Boro, but with Giles and Jones in the wing back positions, they have a lot of threat and, if they get their act together, they should probably be contenders near the top. There can't be many better wing backs in the league.

Edited by riverholmes

56 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

What a dumb comparison! It was a big local derby ffs 

When we play Burnley it will be the same 

Although if the "authorities" do as they did the last few occasions the dingles came to town and leave a ridiculously massive amount of seats empty to seperate the supporters and make it a real ballache for travelling fans to get to the game unless they use the authorised transport we wont get near full capacity 

I think we can be sure a combination of factors will totally spoil it again.

I'm not sure i can get my head around how Blackburn Rovers v Burnley is any more risk than Sunderland descending on Middlesbrough in 2022.  Yet it'll be deemed as such and instead of a crowd approaching 30k it'll probably struggle to hit twenty thousand.

Pathetic really.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Ricky said:

Giles has just assisted the Boro goal against Tony’s Sunderland. 

Probably caught Tony off guard that he was playing at LWB. He will have set up his game plan to deal with Giles coming in off the right and shooting ineffectually.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is he for real? Why would he even do that? Why would the Rovers manager convinced his own Head of Recruitment to leave the club? 

thank god he has gone. 

Because we are little old Blackburn Rovers and we should realise it isn't 95 anymore.

And to think one poster on here was suggesting he should have a statue outside Ewood park.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Because we are little old Blackburn Rovers and we should realise it isn't 95 anymore.

And to think one poster on here was suggesting he should have a statue outside Ewood park.

Thank god he has gone, and this small club attitude has left our club. JDT has talk the club since he joined, Mowbray rarely did. 

Who was that poster?

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

Are some posters still going to give Mowbray a warm welcome back to Ewood ?

I wasn't interested in given him any warm welcome back to Ewood even before this article, he gone, and we have move on now and better footballing structure in place now. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

Guys, calm down, we all know he'll **** it up and that big juggernaut is going to end up absolutely flattening him in spectacular fashion.

He will always be a lazy two hat who believes he's some kind of savant, and has one too many brandies at Christmas and doesn't recover till August.

• Like 1

Just more proof of what a dead brain cretinous moron mowbray is, honestly JDT could go on to be an absolute failure for us(fingers & toes crossed he doesn't though😅😅😅) but it still wouldn't change how happy I am that tony fkin Mowbray and his stooges are no longer here. 

Sad thing is there's a large herd of sheep that go to ewood and there's no doubt they WILL still give him a good welcome when he returns. (and he'll be laughing at them all thecwayvback to Sunderland) 

• Like 4