BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

• Backroom

I've said elsewhere that when he comes back to Ewood I'd politely applaud him, like any ex-journeyman pro.

He got us back into the Championship, but that was his only real achievement. A rollercoaster after that with good spells combined with two of the three worst runs or results seen in club history, as well as delivering the worst result ever seen at Ewood Park.

Has a knack of being a sourpuss after a loss, often blaming perceived (false) fan expectations or the players rather than his own deficiencies. 'Shearer and Sutton aren't here anymore' was particularly galling. Up there with Steve Kean's drivel, and not even Kidd, Ince, or Coyle stooped that low.

He'll excite you and he'll infuriate you in equal measure, but the end result will be inoffensive midtable finishes.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I've said elsewhere that when he comes back to Ewood I'd politely applaud him, like any ex-journeyman pro.

He got us back into the Championship, but that was his only real achievement. A rollercoaster after that with good spells combined with two of the three worst runs or results seen in club history, as well as delivering the worst result ever seen at Ewood Park.

Has a knack of being a sourpuss after a loss, often blaming perceived (false) fan expectations or the players rather than his own deficiencies. 'Shearer and Sutton aren't here anymore' was particularly galling. Up there with Steve Kean's drivel, and not even Kidd, Ince, or Coyle stooped that low.

He'll excite you and he'll infuriate you in equal measure, but the end result will be inoffensive midtable finishes.

A perfect summation in my opinion. One thing that might stand in his favour now is that he doesn’t have to deal with the loons of Pune anymore. Having said that I’ve no idea what the owners of Sunderland are like. They could well be as bad. 

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he mentioned journey in his press conference😆

So did JDT, 3 transfer windows worth, not including this.

Strap yourself in, or maybe not...

Edited by Gav

Saw this quote from Mowbray last night 🤣 he does know how to say the right things when he gets a new job. Fans lapping it up in the replies, the usual 'he gets it' comments. Let's see if they're saying the same a few months or a year from now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I'm happy with JDT's '3 window' statement.

At least that's a commitment, and a refreshing change from 10+ windows which took us on the road to nowhere.

We should never forget any promotion from any league, they're like hens teeth for Blackburn Rovers.

_101025041_rexfeatures_9641215ak.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

We should never forget any promotion from any league, they're like hens teeth for Blackburn Rovers.

_101025041_rexfeatures_9641215ak.jpg

Shouldn't have been in that league full stop so I find it hard to get overly excited about the manager delivering the bare minimum (and he did only deliver the minimum, lest we forget the Charlton debacle) he was employed to do.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

Shouldn't have been in that league full stop so I find it hard to get overly excited about the manager delivering the bare minimum (and he did only deliver the minimum, lest we forget the Charlton debacle) he was employed to do.

This is right - but then again neither should have Sunderland, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday or many others that have spend multiple seasons down there. 

Now that he's finished we can say that he finishes some way behind Kenny, Souness and Sparky in his achievements, but much much higher than most of the dross we've had in the last ten years. 

• Like 2

Managers iv'e seen are from Saxton onwards although a kid then and didn't take much notice of tactics or anything.  So if i'm placing him down the pecking order he'd be 6th.  Just a shade in front of Bowyer but behind Don Mackay by a good few points 

Not bad as he's behind some real top notch names there but most of the chasing pack are dross.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Managers iv'e seen are from Saxton onwards although a kid then and didn't take much notice of tactics or anything.  So if i'm placing him down the pecking order he'd be 6th.  Just a shade in front of Bowyer but behind Don Mackay by a good few points 

Not bad as he's behind some real top notch names there but most of the chasing pack are dross.

The four  before Saxton - Furphy, Lee, Smith and Kendall were all better. Jim Iley wasn’t.

• Like 2