BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

I'm right next to the away bench, and he'll certainly get a warm return from me, he certainly did more good than bad.

It's a strange phenomenon that our supporters seem compelled to  have to counter Tomasson's decisions by making out they know what Mowbray would have done.

What is that all about, it's weird,how long will it continue, and who gives a shit anyway?

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

No need for sympathy for them. I don't expect them to tolerate his bullshit for too long.

Certainly nowhere near as long as we did. I'll bet their Board won't put up with what we've tolerated.

His excuses will be seen for what they are. (And I'm one who cut him some slack for longer than many on here did.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

I'm right next to the away bench, and he'll certainly get a warm return from me, he certainly did more good than bad.

It's a strange phenomenon that our supporters seem compelled to  have to counter Tomasson's decisions by making out they know what Mowbray would have done.

What is that all about, it's weird,how long will it continue, and who gives a shit anyway?

Awww how lovely 🥰 maybe you can confince him to find a job for Waggot up there as well

• Like 3

12 hours ago, M_B said:

Not something you come across on matchdays in my experience M_B, mostly confined to social media (The land of make believe).

I feel a song coming on.....

If the target genuinely is to improve on last season and push for the top 6, armed by our goalscorer who we declined to cash in on for short term gain. Then Tony Mowbray managing a side promoted last season is surely less of a threat than Wilder with a Boro side that did better than us last season and with plenty of new recruits, including our captain on big money.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If the target genuinely is to improve on last season and push for the top 6, armed by our goalscorer who we declined to cash in on for short term gain. Then Tony Mowbray managing a side promoted last season is surely less of a threat than Wilder with a Boro side that did better than us last season and with plenty of new recruits, including our captain on big money.

We aren’t going anywhere near the top six this year

• Like 2

Over 30,000 at Boro last night, the place was bouncing before kick off, everything that Ewood is missing sadly.

Give the fans something to get behind, local pride, local passion and that last night would be the result, or at least someway to it. 

I get what you're trying to illustrate gav but that's not an entirely fair comparison imo.

This was a Tees / Wear derby between 2 clubs in big towns in an area where there's only 4 or 5 clubs of any note within a 100 miles radius, happening for the first time in 5 years. Middlesbrough has a population of 150,000, Sunderland nearly double that. Both have large catchment areas beyond their boundaries with not much competition for fans.

The towns of Blackburn & Burnley have combined populations of about 200,000, and 3/4 world renowned clubs within about an hour's drive of each, plus maybe a dozen others. If you compare last night in that context to the E Lancs derby to come, I have no doubt that there will be as much passion, pride & bouncing on show at Ewood as there was at the Riverside.

*Real* Lancashire is the heartland of the game, end of. 

How many clubs in a 40 mile radius of Ewood? And as you say the whole north east of England only has three clubs in the top 3 divisions! Three! There’s four between Preston and Burnley alone!

So it’s no wonder that clubs like Boro, who have support across Teesside/County Durham/North Yorkshire can muster 27k for their only derby.

• Like 3

I think you've both missed the point, or maybe I never made it very well.

It wasn't so much a point about the numbers, it was a point about the pride and passion, Steve Gibson run club, local owner, poor town, all pulling in the right direction.

We had it once, we can have it again if these swines sod off.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1