BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

Nothing against Sunderland he's their manager so the fans will back him for now but the tanker comment is quite apt.  Big lumbering slow moving vessels (ideal for an old plodder as captain) that are prone to list and sink in stormy waters.

If Rovers are run correctly we are a speedboat compared to that lot as has been proved in the past, Mowbray would rather shut off the engines and use oars instead.

• Like 2

If I was in charge at Sunderland I read this, I would dismiss him immediately. If he can do that once, he can do it again. Imagine if Boro want one of their players, or a member of staff, or even a nice comfortable victory, can he be trusted to act in the best interests of the club who pay his wages?

This needs reporting to the powers that be, as it is as close to manipulation and abuse of power as you can get and is corporate negligence in my view.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

If I was in charge at Sunderland I read this, I would dismiss him immediately. If he can do that once, he can do it again. Imagine if Boro want one of their players, or a member of staff, or even a nice comfortable victory, can he be trusted to act in the best interests of the club who pay his wages?

This needs reporting to the powers that be, as it is as close to manipulation and abuse of power as you can get and is corporate negligence in my view.

What would happen if you came out with a statement like that in an everyday job ? You’d be looking for a another job at this moment.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What would happen if you came out with a statement like that in an everyday job ? You’d be looking for a another job at this moment.

That's exactly what I was just thinking. Imagine working for a major employer and you head hunted one of your esteemed colleagues for a rival firm. 

Surely this is market manipulation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lraC said:

I suspect Mowbray had an inkling he was in line for this job should Neil find an opportunity to move on.

It's all a bit of an amazing set of coincidences and perhaps he was touting himself for the job last time it was vacant.  All sorts goes on in the background in football and nothing at all surprises me.  Had he got the gig a bit early he'd have been raiding our ranks again i reckon.

Who'd be surprised if Nyambe ends up there amongst others, he'll probably try and loan in Armstrong as well at some point.

• Like 3

On 12/09/2022 at 18:21, simongarnerisgod said:

just read the article,while he`s right about sunderland being a massive club,as usual he`s blowing smoke up his own ****,business as usual last week against middlesborough,taking off their best player pritchard and having players out of position after an hour,the mackems won`t stand for it unlike the sheep at ewood who thought he was the second coming

Sunderland are not a massive club.

• Like 2

On 13/09/2022 at 15:56, tomphil said:

Who'd be surprised if Nyambe ends up there amongst others, he'll probably try and loan in Armstrong as well at some point.

I'd be surprised. If I were Ryan Nyambe, I wouldn't go anywhere near Tony Mowbray ever again.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Massive club in my book is a Barcelona or Real Madrid, Sunderland have the potential to be a big club, much bigger than us thats for sure. 

Based on fanbase.  We have had more success.  If we were based in the North East we would be getting 40,000. We have to compete with some global giants

• Like 3

I knew they had a good history but i was surprised it was as good as it was when i looked it up. 

Makes me laugh when Liverpool fans used to sing you haven't got no history to a few other clubs.  Real history is the likes of us and Sunderland but as pointed out the only reason they have a huge fanbase is their area, just like the barcode neighbours.

If Manchester and Liverpool was 30 miles away and there was 4 other historical league clubs within 12 miles radious their crowds wouldn't look half as impressive.

Anyway i look forwards to Tony telling them it's not 1974 anymore in the near future.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

How many games until the Mackems find him out for being the total dolloper that he is?

Why not turn your attention to someone like Coyle who actually was a dolloper, instead of Mowbray who was a manager who had taken us as far as he could, no harm in that really.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

Why not turn your attention to someone like Coyle who actually was a dolloper, instead of Mowbray who was a manager who had taken us as far as he could, no harm in that really.

Ran the club down plenty of times.Made out our fan base are delusional and we are still living In 95.

Worse still advising a colleague to leave us to join another club.Absolutely no excuse for that.Yet Mowbray was still wanting another contract at our little club.

The man is two faced

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

This is the Tony Mowbray thread.

And it is universally acknowledged by the world of football that Coyle is a complete balloon. 

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 3

I think we need to consider he took over a far more solid team and club now in Sunderland than the mess he he inherited here.

Really wouldn't be surprised if he has a good season or two up there before it begins to resemble his blueprint of mid table Mogga.  I don't know the state of their finances up there but i'll be amazed if he can retain all their best players AND spend 15 million though......