BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

just read the article,while he`s right about sunderland being a massive club,as usual he`s blowing smoke up his own ****,business as usual last week against middlesborough,taking off their best player pritchard and having players out of position after an hour,the mackems won`t stand for it unlike the sheep at ewood who thought he was the second coming

• Like 2

Thanks Mowbray for publicly proving what some of us knew from the your first day at Rovers.

It is a very good thing that the statue came to nowt, a big pile of shit would look so out of place. 

Its fortunate we didn't give him that 10 year contract to go with a statue.

A stunning admission by a petulant and vindictive no mark.

• Like 7

As I said earlier I'm fairly sure if anyone at Rovers was bothered enough by this they could take some form of action against Mr Mowbray for a public admission that whilst in the employment of Rovers he was advising or encouraging other staff members to move elsewhere. It is a stunning admission of acting in contravention of the interests of the Club employing him. Incredible, incredibly dim that is, for a manager to admit doing such a thing in public.

That's Mowbray though. Thinks he is clever, thinks he can outwit people but really he's a very stupid man who puts his foot in it with his comments.

Even if nobody at Rovers can be arsed doing anything to upset St Tony, this admission ought to also have the effect of sinking his career. I mean who in their right minds would employ him again after admitting doing this? Yeah we'll give you a job so you can spend your time advising our valued staff to move elsewhere. Sounds good.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Now you have to really ask why certain players never signed new contracts and set the eyes on moves elsewhere instead. Guessing uncle Tony convinced the grass will be greener elsewhere

That's certainly a question I hope people behind the scenes at Rovers are asking following this public admission. Tony and Veno had a cushy number with them running the staff and Venus having some sort of 'director of football' role alongside being assistant manager.

It really doesn't take much of a leap for Mowbray to advise players to turn down whatever the club were offering and look elsewhere. If there's any truth in that I would hope the Club explore the possibility of legal action against him. Those departures have cost the club millions in lost assets. If that is a result of him advising people to look elsewhere then damages need to be looked at.

• Like 2

It's a shocking comment to make. When I saw the headline I thought it was one of those twisted articles that sounds juicy to draw you in but it really was as bold as the headline.

It actually made me laugh and my first thought was, how things change? Last few years have been largely depressing listening to TM to the point I couldn't read another word or hear another word. When he's not ruining your club it suddenly flips it to being comical and you just can't take it seriously.

I don't think Stuart Harvey would need much convincing to leave a flat entrapped with Venus and Mowbray, more of an escape room. 3 stooges pmsl

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I really didn't like the fella one little bit. I thought he was a world class bullshitter. 

However he's departed the scene, and gone on to other things. For the sake of my health, I'll wish him nothing but the best. 

The big-nosed boot licking bitchy ham fisted sulking excuse merchant time serving toady WANKER. 

All the best mate. I'll get the statue sent on to Sunderland

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 4

His attitude stunk the last few seasons he;d have been on his bike had there not been a year with no fans. He'd have flipped at the least bit of stick during the possession nonsense some of his comments then were pathetic to be honest.

I'm glad some are finally coming to terms with his true colours - just another self serving football gravy train rider.

I actually think he might do well at Sunderland if he gets a bit of backing. I reckon though he's just got another pension pot gig there by the sounds of it. Just eeking it out till he's 60 as was the plan here.

Mark Venus must be the luckiest man in football hanging onto his shirt tails.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

A truly stupid and disrespectful sets of comments.

I thought TM did a decent job in trying circumstances, but is as bad as it gets.

But enough about Mowbray advising Harvey to leave for Sunderland….

The Lancs Live article mentions Harvey going to Sunderland in 2020 when it was in April 2021. 

Harvey then took Barratt from Rovers to Sunderland.

Have there been any more via the Mowbray Recruitment allegedly Co.?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20183916.blackburn-rovers-analyst-leaves-join-stuart-harvey-sunderland/

I was going to add that I have always quite liked Sunderland, ever since the Montgomery save. Mowbray is just a temporary blight on them.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Like a little car being passed by a tanker’.

And he was the captain of that 'tanker' when he said it.

Doesn't say much for himself and his abilities when he's been at the helm over 4 years yet has such little confidence in his own performance that he's looking in the rear view mirror at League One clubs.