BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

Mowbray is like that relative that u don't particularly like, he comes to ur house and when he's about to leave, the relief but he sits back down to bore u even more and u are watching the clock wondering when the fuck he's going

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Mowbray is like that relative that u don't particularly like, he comes to ur house and when he's about to leave, the relief but he sits back down to bore u even more and u are watching the clock wondering when the fuck he's going

like the kirby vacuum seller you can never get rid of😀

• Like 1

He's playing the room it's something he is very good at yet most have him down as this humble uncle type.

You see with Mowbray it's ALL about him, he'll tell you it isn't then ramble on in a way it clearly is.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

He's playing the room it's something he is very good at yet most have him down as this humble uncle type.

You see with Mowbray it's ALL about him, he'll tell you it isn't then ramble on in a way it clearly is.

It’s terrible isn’t it, no communication for anyone about whether or not you have a job on Monday morning, the cheek of the man!

It’s a disgusting way to treat someone who put the club back on a level playing field after the Coyle disaster. 

Football fans have short memories.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

It’s terrible isn’t it, no communication for anyone about whether or not you have a job on Monday morning, the cheek of the man!

It’s a disgusting way to treat someone who put the club back on a level playing field after the Coyle disaster. 

Nonsense as usual.

Hes had one of the best jobs in the championship and he knows it, he's miffed and hes spent the last few weeks telegraphing that to everyone else.

Yes the CEO or somebody should have been straight out to nip it in the bud or back or sack him but we know that guy is a limp dick.  However all Mowbray needed to do was say in public i'm stepping down at the end of the season unless i hear otherwise and say he won't comment further until then.

That's the honorable non attention seeking way for a man of such integrity to do it.

But no as usual he needs a bloody violin.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Who else is absolutely buzzing / hoping this is Mowbrays last game? 

I for one cannot wait and will be opening a bottle of champagne in celebration.

I won't be going that far but he definitely needs to go.

As always though, it's all in the replacement.

I have a degree of sympathy also as he should have had some clarity even it it was finish top 6 or out.

People seem to be cherry picking though and ignoring as usual what the man himself has said about it the last 6 months.

Meeting in India in summer, no decisions will be made until seasons end, waiting to see where we finished, relaxed, iv'e not approached them it's up to them to come to me etc

The last one being the most telling perhaps as to how he views himself !

As Simon Jordan said Mowbray has been there 5 years he knows the owners hes met the owners, he has a phone, email, fax. He has representitives, he has a CEO he has an owners conduit in the building.  

So if hes been so bothered then the wheels should have been in motion a long time ago, maybe they were and hes been rebuffed.  If so hes pretty much known where he stands and lets be honest had WBA sacked Bruce he'd probably be off there now.  OR even earlier in the season, what would those offended on his behalf be saying now ?

This is just football everybody knows this including himself, that's why hes turned it into a public circus instead of keeping his mouth shut.

Because beyond this he's out for himself and his career but it would have been a damn sight worse for him,  if he'd been sacked after the 0-7 or during one of his seasonal collapsing runs.

Badly done to or rather lucky to come out of it intact ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gav said:

He's been treated like shit in this situation no doubt about it. It shows how badly run the club is. 

The other side of that coin is that at a club that was run with even the slightest shred of competence he would have been booted years ago.

• Like 5

Anybody actually thought for a moment the owners or whoever got wind of him courting the WBA interest ?

Or they couldn't fathom why he was actively pushing to sell one of our best players at the time to a direct promotion rival ?

Or they were concerned he was basically advising players out of contract to go elsewhere for the most money instead of begging then to stay ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for Mowbray.

I think he is very different from the personal persona the public get fed.

IMO, should have been sacked a number of times since arriving at Ewood.  Firstly when we were relegated - no excuses, he was hired to keep us up.  The last two second half seasons have have been disastrous.

In over 5 years, our club should be way, way further down the line in terms of development, performance and achievement.

IMO, good riddance to a man whose 5+ year journey has turned out to be a great illusion perpetrated by a man who puts himself first.  I think his legacy is a club built on pillars of sand. 

Let’s not forget it was your man ‘Wee Coyley’ that put this club into the 3rd division and it was Mowbray who got us out.

Sources told you Mowbray was unlikely to be here for todays game, how did that work out? Is he in the dugout? I’m not following the game today? 

At the Rovers end of season drinks...

"Eh, Aynsley -"

"Gaffer, it's me -"

"Aynsley, you're like a son to me. I always -"

"Gaffer, it's me, Chappy. You're not that sloshed are ya? How many -"

"Chappy, I didn't recognise you without your fuckin' Alice band. What's going on, where's Aynsley? Where's the others?"

"Dunno, gaffer. I reckon they've called it a night, you know."

"Called it a night, my arse. I'm no spring chicken, you know. I've been around. I know what you lads are like. They've fucked off to an unofficial party or something. They'll be going until tomorrow."

"Maybe, gaffer. The coaches have fucked off and all."

"What are you doing here, Chappy? Thought you'd be breaking your neck to get to the club. I know what you're like. Fucking cheeky chappy."

"Gaffer, I wanted to ask you something -"

"You want to go and see if the Indian's open, Chappy? I fancy one."

"Fuck me, I thought you might've had enough of Indians, gaffer."

"You know, Chappy. I like you. If you'd just cut out those faces and the back chat, you'd be in my team. We could've done with you. Fucking look at how Mahrez has turned out. I gave him the big build up - mind you, the scouts need a look at themselves. Telling me all about his assists and set-pieces. Fucking shite -"

"Mahrez, gaffer?"

"Yeah, Rinan - Riyeed - you know - fucking Riyeed Mahrez. He's gone back to Wolves now."

"You mean Ryan Giles?"

"What son?"

"Gilesy - the lad on loan from Wolves?"

"Fucking African Nations my arse. Made me look a knobhead. I tell you Chappy, there were times when I was thinking of you. Then, I woke up! Ha ha ha!"

"Gaffer, you mean Gilesy? Ryan Giles - the Wolves lad? Or do you mean  the Dutch lad? Zeefuik?"

"Damn right, the fuck. What the fuck was what I was thinking. I thought I'd got in a world class winger and I got that. I even dropped Gally."

"Anyway, gaffer, I wanted to know -"

"Alright, alright, Chappy, you deserve to know. You fancy being a manager, Chappy? You'll see what it's like having a little scrote in an Alice band giving you chat. Ha ha - no seriously, Chappy, I knew you had potential - a lot of potential. Look at what Ben's done. You could be as good. I mean it Chappy. You were as good as him at youth level. But, I wasn't getting enough from you and then I got wind that Poveda and Clarkson were available and you know - "

"No, gaffer -"

"I know - I know. You done alright at Shrewsbury but that's League One, you know. There's a huge difference -

"Gaffer -"

"Give me a chance, Chappy. Jesus. I know, I gave you the one year deal and then told you to fuck off. But, put it this way, it was a decent deal - you can't say you didn't do alright out of it. A lot of players didn't get deals, you know. And, you got a chance at Burton. It's not my fault you didn't take that chance. I saw some your games and shite doesn't cover it. I spoke to Jimmy -"

"Gaffer, that's not why I'm here - "

"Well, Chappy, that's a big question. None of us know the answer to that. If we knew that, we'd somewhere else. You know, Davenport once said to me that he reckoned that he had a higher purpose than passing sideways and I told him, damn right. His purpose was in the fucking reserves. Another terrible signing. But a good lad. But, jesus, what are you young lads like, worrying about your purpose in life."

"Jesus, gaffer, you're sloshed, big time."

"There is no purpose, Chappy. We're just here to do the best we can and have a bit of fun along the way. Some of the fans give me stick for trying things, you know, but I say, fuck them. What's the fun in playing Gally as a striker? That reminds, me, where's Aynsley?"

"Gaffer, seriously. I just wanted to ask if you'd put a word in for me at Boro. My agent's hearing things about a trial and that."

"Is that it? Fucking hell, Chappy, I thought you were a man. I've slagged you off for three years and you come asking me to put in a word. You should be trying to knock my lights out."

"Thanks, gaffer."

"I'll tell them you're a fucking pansy Burton-reject."

"Alright, boss. Have a good one." 

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 2

Mowbrays last couple of interviews have confirmed to me what many have suspected for a while. The man has a huge ego and very little humility. He likes to tell us about his forty years in the game, tries to come across in a grandfatherly way and talks a lot about being a good human being. But ultimately he only thinks about number one and is already putting his name out there for another job. I'll be mightily interested to see where that is.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbrays last couple of interviews have confirmed to me what many have suspected for a while. The man has a huge ego and very little humility. He likes to tell us about his forty years in the game, tries to come across in a grandfatherly way and talks a lot about being a good human being. But ultimately he only thinks about number one and is already putting his name out there for another job. I'll be mightily interested to see where that is.

As long as it isn't at Ewood, i don't care where he gets a job.

• Like 2

It's now time for him to pack his stuff and say goodbye then the local press can take their microphones from under his nose.

We've heard enough it's over he's going and the bridges have been burnt now.

I thank him for his efforts and wish him well wherever he pitches up next but please shut your noise and shut the door.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gav said:

Let’s not forget it was your man ‘Wee Coyley’ that put this club into the 3rd division and it was Mowbray who got us out.

Sources told you Mowbray was unlikely to be here for todays game, how did that work out? Is he in the dugout? I’m not following the game today? 

Wrong again when talking about me.

Coyle was NOT my man - I did neither advocate nor endorse his appointment.   Yes I did refer to him as 'Coyley' but NEVER 'Wee Coyley'.

Mowbray got us relegated - in his own words at Blues, he was appointed to keep us up.  He failed, simple as that.

As for Mowbray and today's game, I have posted at least twice since Thursday (once in response to you I think) that before meeting Waggott on Wednesday even Mowbray didn't know he was taking the team today to Brum.  Your mate Sharpe covered this.  Clearly, there was a doubt about whether he would still be here this weekend.  So why raise it again - a moot point.

You love having a go at me but the most galling thing is at best you distort the facts or at worse get them plain wrong! 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1