BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

"No matter what comes next."

Relegation? Administration? 

We've been in relegation form for all of 2022. And many other points in TM's tenure.

This isn't like the Sam Allardyce thing, where it's chucking away a safe pair of hands. 

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Promotion?

If you have a light bulb in your house and it stops working, do you sit there in the dark because you're worried if you buy a new one,  that may not work either?

For some it's more like the new light bulb is going to immediately short circuit and burn down the whole house.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

We've been in relegation form for all of 2022. And many other points in TM's tenure.

This isn't like the Sam Allardyce thing, where it's chucking away a safe pair of hands. 

For some it's more like the new light bulb is going to immediately short circuit and burn down the whole house.

Silas, you said that whatever comes next, you'll never look back misty-eyed.  I take this to mean that even if we get relegated or go into admin then, its a shrug of the shoulders and a sense of relief that TM isn't manager.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Silas, you said that whatever comes next, you'll never look back misty-eyed.  I take this to mean that even if we get relegated or go into admin then, its a shrug of the shoulders and a sense of relief that TM isn't manager.  

We're likely to be fighting relegation WITH Mowbray next season so I think i would be happy to role the dice

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Promotion?

If you have a light bulb in your house and it stops working, do you sit there in the dark because you're worried if you buy a new one,  that may not work either?

The analogy is skewed. We've got a dim flickering light bulb, just about does the job but gives you a headache. We can replace it but only with one from a box that has been chucked into the backalley from the second floor window of the local hardware store. Be damned if I'm going into Wilkos to buy one! Also the light bulb has to be willing to fly out to India atleast once a year and have it's plans to light the room thoroughly scrutinised which not all good light bulbs are willing to do.... I think the metaphor has run out of stream. 

For clarity I think we should have got rid ages ago and I welcome a fresh face but it's a bit of a leap into the unknown. Which I guess is no different to other clubs but we do like to scrape the barrell with our appointments. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
34 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

... its a shrug of the shoulders and a sense of relief that TM isn't manager.  

It's most definitely that. 

But you make it sound flippant or petulant. 

It's based on good reasoning and statistics. 

You surely can't believe it's toys out pram?

It's so much more than that. 

• Like 1

Hope he takes Pears with him ..  Criminal he signed for 4 years knowing he’s most likely going & Waggot letting him do that ….We Never recovered after the Wigan game … All confidence was shot after that … Pears was totally shocking in that game …… 

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

According to what you've been told Mercer, will there be a proper appointment, or a member of the coaching team as a caretaker? 

Think you will find Johnson will take charge for Brum match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Think you will find Johnson will take charge for Brum match.

Hope so. 

Would be interesting to see if he can get any sort of reaction but the ship has probably sailed for him in terms of getting the job full time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Silas said:

It's most definitely that. 

But you make it sound flippant or petulant. 

It's based on good reasoning and statistics. 

You surely can't believe it's toys out pram?

It's so much more than that. 

What you wrote was that whatever happens it will be better than having TM at the helm.  I posed a couple of alternatives that are worse.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Mowbray will be in the dugout for the Brum game, no doubt about that, as you have no sources, 10yrs of reading this bullshit tells me that.

You had Allardyce at burnley ‘By the weekend’ when Dyche was sacked. You had Ayala ‘Absconded’ before the Blackpool game, he was walking on the pitch with his team mates when you posted that one. You had Diaz and Kaminski sold in Jan, the list of bullshit is endless.

How you continue to get away with making this stuff up is beyond me.

Weird form of attention seeking which as you say he's been at for years. Obviously works on the basis that if he makes enough bullshit up, the law of averages says he will eventually get something right through pure luck. Pretty much like his dire gambling 'tips'.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gav said:

Mowbray will be in the dugout for the Brum game, no doubt about that, as you have no sources, 10yrs of reading this bullshit tells me that.

You had Allardyce at burnley ‘By the weekend’ when Dyche was sacked. You had Ayala ‘Absconded’ before the Blackpool game, he was walking on the pitch with his team mates when you posted that one. You had Diaz and Kaminski sold in Jan, the list of bullshit is endless.

Come on be fair, he was proved right in the end… though he did need TM himself to publicly say in a press conference he was going first.

Needs a Patreon account like Nicko. 😁

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, unleaded said:

Hope he takes Pears with him ..  Criminal he signed for 4 years knowing he’s most likely going & Waggot letting him do that ….We Never recovered after the Wigan game … All confidence was shot after that … Pears was totally shocking in that game …… 

So one person saying it’s BBD getting injured’s fault, now it’s the sub keeper having a stinker in a cup tie…

Though maybe it was because we weren’t good enough over 46 games? Indeed, maybe we were nowhere near good enough outside a Mid November to mid January purple patch…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Probably the same way you get away with your delusional nonsense about Mowbray's pursuit of Maja!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't even get your criticism correct - find me a post where I said Ayala 'Absconded' before the Blackpool match.

Owing to decades in professional practice covering various sectors including leisure and sport I made and retained large numbers of contacts including people still involved in the game of professional football.

One piece of advice - if what you think I post on here is bullshit then just stop feckin reading it but do not personally criticise me.

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Probably the same way you get away with your delusional nonsense about Mowbray's pursuit of Maja!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't even get your criticism correct - find me a post where I said Ayala 'Absconded' before the Blackpool match.

Owing to decades in professional practice covering various sectors including leisure and sport I made and retained large numbers of contacts including people still involved in the game of professional football.

One piece of advice - if what you think I post on here is bullshit then just stop feckin reading it but do not personally criticise me.

Here’s the Maja details, from a proper source:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19838276.bordeaux-stance-josh-maja-blackburn-rovers-make-ryan-hedges-move/

I’m not going to feed this attention seeking bullshit, the board can decide for themselves.

Just on the Ayala bullshit you made up, @J*B called you out on it before I got the chance, it was fabricated bullshit as always.

Edited by Gav

10 hours ago, RoverDom said:

The analogy is skewed. We've got a dim flickering light bulb, just about does the job but gives you a headache. We can replace it but only with one from a box that has been chucked into the backalley from the second floor window of the local hardware store. Be damned if I'm going into Wilkos to buy one! Also the light bulb has to be willing to fly out to India atleast once a year and have it's plans to light the room thoroughly scrutinised which not all good light bulbs are willing to do.... I think the metaphor has run out of stream. 

For clarity I think we should have got rid ages ago and I welcome a fresh face but it's a bit of a leap into the unknown. Which I guess is no different to other clubs but we do like to scrape the barrell with our appointments. 

Is it an energy saving light-bulb or an ordinary one ?