BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Here’s the Maja details, from a proper source:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19838276.bordeaux-stance-josh-maja-blackburn-rovers-make-ryan-hedges-move/

I’m not going to feed this attention seeking bullshit, the board can decide for themselves.

Just on the Ayala bullshit you made up, @J*B called you out on it before I got the chance, it was fabricated bullshit as always.

Re Maja - you have gone on and on and on and on that Mowbray chased Maja for 12 months and he was unable to sign him as Bordeaux wanted a fee and Venky's wouldn't back Mowbray.  The facts according to your 'font of all knowledge' source Sharpe seem to be:

• Rovers were set to sign him on a season long loan in August but he failed his medical
  • "Tony Mowbray played down any links to the 24-year-old in this window (January)"
  • "Bordeaux are willing to let Josh Maja leave this month – but would prefer a permanent deal" - however, he ended up at Stoke on loan so presumably we could have got him on loan should Mowbray wanted to!!!

Where in this article does it say Mowbray would have been willing to pay a fee provided Venky's would have backed him?

Furthermore, given Mowbray "played down the links" in the January window suggests Mowbray no longer wanted to sign him in January - indeed Mowbray came out and said he didn't want to sign a 'traditional' centre forward.

You have constantly banged on about Mowbray chasing Maja for 12 months and being denied being able to sign him due to lack of funds.  I think your assertion is shown to be nonsense.

Re Ayala and Blackpool match.

• @Tom posted "Apparently JRC went home after not being on the bench, if true Tony has to stamp that sort of thing out" 
  • I responded to Tom posting  "On match days at Ewood, every member of the first team squad including those outside the 18 named squad should be there watching and supporting.  Be interesting if anyone can spot Ayala!?!?"
  •  @J*B posted "I’m not sure what the point you’re making is but Ayala was one of the first to arrive and has been on the pitch with the squad"
  •  I then posted in response tp J*B "Point I'm trying to make is it should be about togetherness.  Without exception, every single member of the 1st team squad should be at Ewood on match day.  Pleased Ayala is there".

Does that say Ayala, to use your words had "absconded".  No it doesn't.  My initial post was in response to Tom's post and I made the point it would be interesting to see if Ayala was there given his prolonged absence.  I would hardly say J*B 'called me out' as you said and I think my response to him is self explanatory.

I think you are a sh1t stirrer Gav who needs to stop being selective, stop distorting what I post and concentrate on getting your facts and allegations right. 

Edited by Mercer

34 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Re Ayala and Blackpool match.

• Be interesting if anyone can spot Ayala!?!?

Does that say Ayala, to use your words had "absconded".  No it doesn't.  My initial post was in response to Tom's post and I made the pointy it would be interesting to see if Ayala was there given his prolonged absence.  I would hardly say J*B 'called me out' as you said and I think my response to him is self explanatory.

Telegraph or Mercer on Maja? Tough call…….

I never said you used the word absconded, you insinuated it as your post above clearly shows, either way you made it up and then threw the mercer bullshitometer into reverse when J*B called you out as Ayala was on the pitch at the time!

Did you forget to post your Allardyce to Burnley source?

I’d stop digging if I was you.

Edited by Gav

I think Mowbray will do the 'honourable' thing and see out his contract until the end of June.

1 more match and he can then go home and twiddle his thumbs for 2 months and get paid for it. If he gets bored, he may just jump on a plane to India!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Telegraph or Mercer on Maja? Tough call…….

I never said you used the word absconded, you insinuated it as your post above clearly shows, either way you made it up and then threw the mercer bullshitometer into reverse when J*B called you out as Ayala was on the pitch at the time!

I’d stop digging if I was you.

You have posted several times Mowbray chased Maja for 12 months but couldn't sign him due to financial constraints - where in LT does it say that?  It doesn't.  Just Gav nonsense.

You posted today "You had Ayala ‘Absconded’ before the Blackpool game".  Definition of abscond - leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to escape from custody or avoid arrest.  I NEVER used that word - you did.  I merely posed the question would Ayala be there in response to a post from Tom about players not being present at Ewood and further went on to respond to J*B's post stating I thought all 1st team squad members should be present at home games in a sign of togetherness.  No insinuation, no bullshit, just valid and rational observations.

Not me who needs to stop digging my friend.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You have posted several times Mowbray chased Maja for 12 months but couldn't sign him due to financial constraints - where in LT does it say that?  It doesn't.  Just Gav nonsense.

You posted today "You had Ayala ‘Absconded’ before the Blackpool game".  Definition of abscond - leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to escape from custody or avoid arrest.  I NEVER used that word - you did.  I merely posed the question would Ayala be there in response to a post from Tom about players not being present at Ewood and further went on to respond to J*B's post stating I thought all 1st team squad members should be present at home games in a sign of togetherness.  No insinuation, no bullshit, just valid and rational observations.

Not me who needs to stop digging my friend.  

Why don't you both stop.

• Like 9

The Maja stuff is just Patrick Bauer and one or two others territory.

Sniffed around them for months, courted them, had them in the building but when push came to shove they bottled going through with it. Yes goalposts can be moved at the last min but they'll have known what these guys were wanting before they went to any lengths to get them in. 

So just window dressing and never really that serious or the Pune line went dead at the 11th hour ?  NOBODY knows so no point arguing about it for days on end. 

Either way it was costly in terms of points - just 1 goal from Maja and an assist could have translated into another 3/4/6 points and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Not though seemingly to a development coach like TM so just bare that in mind.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The Maja stuff is just Patrick Bauer and one or two others territory.

Sniffed around them for months, courted them, had them in the building but when push came to shove they bottled going through with it. Yes goalposts can be moved at the last min but they'll have known what these guys were wanting before they went to any lengths to get them in. 

So just window dressing and never really that serious or the Pune line went dead at the 11th hour ?  NOBODY knows so no point arguing about it for days on end. 

Either way it was costly in terms of points - just 1 goal from Maja and an assist could have translated into another 3/4/6 points and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Not though seemingly to a development coach like TM so just bare that in mind.

Maja failed a medical on an back injury on the last day of the transfer window

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maja failed a medical on an back injury on the last day of the transfer window

And Mowbray said himself it's one they might revisit.

They didn't and he went to Stoke instead.

If TM hadn't spunked the money on Hedges, who we could have had for free in summer, and has hardly featured, we could have had a top class(?) striker on loan for the remainder of the season.

• Like 6

Or the Club rebuilds the staff having had ample time to prepare for their departures and leave managing the first team to the manager.

The reason we are in this mess is because we've relied on Mowbray to do everything and if we do this again we will be reliant on the next one.

Why do we need a manager to appoint a Head of recruitment or physio?

We shouldn't be looking for a manager to do this, or develop the academy. We need a manager who can get an XI out on a Saturday and win games.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

If TM hadn't spunked the money on Hedges, who we could have had for free in summer, and has hardly featured, we could have had a top class(?) striker on loan for the remainder of the season.

Who is this top class striker out there? 

I would have gone for Rhys Healey from Toulouse but we didn't if we want a striker to score goals 

I think it's astounding there has been no statement from Waggott regarding Mowbray's position and all the staff leaving.

IMO, leadership and effective communication are in extremely short supply at Ewood.

Someone needs to get a grip and pdq.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I read somewhere that Maja has scored one goal so far at Stoke so it sounds like he wasn’t much of a loss.

2 goals in 17 games there. Looks short on fitness and nothing like Maja I seen at Sunderland 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 goals in 17 games there. Looks short on fitness and nothing like Maja I seen at Sunderland 

He could be struggling with that back injury. Maybe he can’t train as much as he’d like. As we’ve discussed before back injuries don’t make you a better player.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Or the Club rebuilds the staff having had ample time to prepare for their departures and leave managing the first team to the manager.

The reason we are in this mess is because we've relied on Mowbray to do everything and if we do this again we will be reliant on the next one.

We shouldn't be looking for a manager to do this, or develop the academy. We need a manager who can get an XI out on a Saturday and win games.

Yes the manager should be part of group who decide and bring in new staff to work with him. The manager needs to have a working relationship with this person. We need a manager who has lots of contacts out there where we bring them in without advertising for the position like we do now. 

These are positions that need filling already

1. Manager

2. Head of Player Recruitment

3. Lead Athletic Performance Coach

4. First Team Athletic Performance Coach 

5. Head of Medical Services

and that's before we even get to the new manager bringing in his own staff. Blimey this new manager will have a rebuilding job with the backroom staff aswell as needing 8 to 10 new signings

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes the manager should be part of group who decide and bring in new staff to work with him. The manager needs to have a working relationship with this person. We need a manager who has lots of contacts out there where we bring them in without advertising for the position like we do now. 

These are positions that need filling already

1. Manager

2. Head of Player Recruitment

3. Lead Athletic Performance Coach

4. First Team Athletic Performance Coach 

5. Head of Medical Services

and that's before we even get to the new manager bringing in his own staff. Blimey this new manager will have a rebuilding job with the backroom staff aswell as needing 8 to 10 new signings

As well as replacing Venus and Lowe hopefully.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Maybe Venkys SA biscuit salesman was busy away from class mocking supporters during the fill the backroom staff with sources of revenue module during his Kentaro training course?

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1