BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As well as replacing Venus and Lowe hopefully.

I don't think Lowe needs replacing as Damien Johnson will just do that role. New manager will need his own number, fitness coach and goalkeeper plus replacing those who are leaving us for new clubs

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Telegraph or Mercer on Maja? Tough call…….

I never said you used the word absconded, you insinuated it as your post above clearly shows, either way you made it up and then threw the mercer bullshitometer into reverse when J*B called you out as Ayala was on the pitch at the time!

Did you forget to post your Allardyce to Burnley source?

I’d stop digging if I was you.

Quite clearly the telegraph were wrong regarding Maja as he joined Stoke on loan only.With no obligation to sign him on a permanent.

£2 million wasn't needed to sign him 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes the manager should be part of group who decide and bring in new staff to work with him. The manager needs to have a working relationship with this person. We need a manager who has lots of contacts out there where we bring them in without advertising for the position like we do now. 

These are positions that need filling already

1. Manager

2. Head of Player Recruitment

3. Lead Athletic Performance Coach

4. First Team Athletic Performance Coach 

5. Head of Medical Services

and that's before we even get to the new manager bringing in his own staff. Blimey this new manager will have a rebuilding job with the backroom staff aswell as needing 8 to 10 new signings

So a lot of work to do, never seems to be much urgency at Rovers under Venkys. 

Worrying times. We haven't even been bothered to stick a statement out about the current manager leaving, chances of us lining up replacements for any of the above, not to mention signings we need, in good time are pretty much slim to none.

• Like 2

The fact there has been no statement of any description about Mowbray or the future tells me that Venkys haven't given approval or direction for that to happen.

There is no way Waggott won't be under pressure at the very least from media to say something, yet because he's a CEO in name only he can't do anything.

In turn this drastically reduces my expectations on getting a decent replacement in any time soon. The reason being that the ones in control of the cash, Mr and Mrs Desai, are seemingly out of the loop.

So expect a summer similar to 2016. The likes of Pasha, Waggott and Cheston interviewing managers, embarrassing themselves and the club in the process, working through a desperate list of people, imposing existing staff on them.

In 2016 they somehow managed to get Warnock lined up, I suspect because he was willing to do it relatively cheaply at his age, yet still botched it by appointing Coyle.

As far as I can see it is still the same faces behind the scenes and the same chasm to India so expect a similar outcome.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, goozburger said:

LT reporting that Birmingham will be Mowbray's last game in charge. Suspect the official announcement will be made straight after the game.

“Whether that starts next season, or tomorrow, I’m not sure" - I don't think even Mowbray knows whether he will be here tomorrow!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Liam Mason, Blackburn Rovers' head of athletic performance, is set to join Newcastle United as the exodus of staff from Ewood Park continues. 

The next manager will need to rebuild the fitness and medical/Physio side of the club

The next managed needed to rebuild the fitness and medical side of the club anyway.

We're massively unfit and have far too many soft tissue injuries. Mason has jumped before he was pushed imo.

• Like 1

Yes the manager should be part of group who decide and bring in new staff to work with him. The manager needs to have a working relationship with this person. We need a manager who has lots of contacts out there where we bring them in without advertising for the position like we do now. 

1. Manager

and that's before we even get to the new manager bringing in his own staff. Blimey this new manager will have a rebuilding job with the backroom staff aswell as needing 8 to 10 new signings

So we need

1. A Manager

2. Someone to sit in an office watching youtube videos

3. A P.E teacher

4. A P.E teacher who does less work

5. A Doctor

Edited by 1874
  • Like 3

1. Manager

The last manager picked his own boss.

I've no problem with spending actual money on a proper manager and giving him free reign to pick the entire staff.

It's the only way this mad house is going to succeed anyway - a Wilder / Dyche type who micromanages everything. There simply isn't the structure in the club to believe that we'd hire a competent staff separate to the manager's input. 

• Like 1

Never thought I'd say this but I'm praying to God that Mowbray remains in charge for the last game.

If Johnson, or God forbid Venus are put in charge and we win, it might spur our workshy owners into making a very cheap and painless managerial appointment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The fact there has been no statement of any description about Mowbray or the future tells me that Venkys haven't given approval or direction for that to happen.

There is no way Waggott won't be under pressure at the very least from media to say something, yet because he's a CEO in name only he can't do anything.

In turn this drastically reduces my expectations on getting a decent replacement in any time soon. The reason being that the ones in control of the cash, Mr and Mrs Desai, are seemingly out of the loop.

So expect a summer similar to 2016. The likes of Pasha, Waggott and Cheston interviewing managers, embarrassing themselves and the club in the process, working through a desperate list of people, imposing existing staff on them.

In 2016 they somehow managed to get Warnock lined up, I suspect because he was willing to do it relatively cheaply at his age, yet still botched it by appointing Coyle.

As far as I can see it is still the same faces behind the scenes and the same chasm to India so expect a similar outcome.

I expect Waggott is currently ignoring calls form Rich Sharpe, Andy Bayes and others. He will have nothing to say to them because he will be as in the dark as Mowbray.

He’s probably taking calls from the agents of prospective new managers, putting the feelers out and getting a bit of info. He will no doubt listen and talk, maybe even have thoughts in his own mind about what we ought to do. It won’t matter though, it’ll be down to Horner, Honeyman, Sheron and Suhail, maybe another of Jerome’s cronies if they fancy something to do.

Waggott will be out in public tomorrow for the end of season awards, so no doubt he will get a light quizzing then… not that he will be able to give any answers.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I expect Waggott is currently ignoring calls form Rich Sharpe, Andy Bayes and others. He will have nothing to say to them because he will be as in the dark as Mowbray.

He’s probably taking calls from the agents of prospective new managers, putting the feelers out and getting a bit of info. He will no doubt listen and talk, maybe even have thoughts in his own mind about what we ought to do. It won’t matter though, it’ll be down to Horner, Honeyman, Sheron and Suhail, maybe another of Jerome’s cronies if they fancy something to do.

Waggott will be out in public tomorrow for the end of season awards, so no doubt he will get a light quizzing then… not that he will be able to give any answers.

I don't think HSH Will be involved in the appointment of a manager going forwards, I'm sure their recommendations will be going in, but those emails/calls may just be unreturned!!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

So a lot of work to do, never seems to be much urgency at Rovers under Venkys. 

Worrying times. We haven't even been bothered to stick a statement out about the current manager leaving, chances of us lining up replacements for any of the above, not to mention signings we need, in good time are pretty much slim to none.

Mowbray has done the statement for them tbh, the main focus now is finding and interview candidates to replace Mowbray with

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The next managed needed to rebuild the fitness and medical side of the club anyway.

We're massively unfit and have far too many soft tissue injuries. Mason has jumped before he was pushed imo.

Mason is being moving to Newcastle which will be challenging for top 6 next season. its a massive promotion with Howe and Ashworth they will have done their research before appointing him. 

The players look better fitness wise than last season. 

21 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Sharpe said he is finalising an interview for end of the week with him. 

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I don't think HSH Will be involved in the appointment of a manager going forwards, I'm sure their recommendations will be going in, but those emails/calls may just be unreturned!!

interesting comment there Glen, Hopefully it remain unanswered. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Really hope that turns out to be the case. Shutting them out is the first step to recovery for Rovers.

If we were to land Farke it would be a big shock, a good one though and a step in the right direction. Let's see how it plays out.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has done the statement for them tbh, the main focus now is finding and interview candidates to replace Mowbray with

Mason is being moving to Newcastle which will be challenging for top 6 next season. its a massive promotion with Howe and Ashworth they will have done their research before appointing him. 

The players look better fitness wise than last season. 

Sharpe said he is finalising an interview for end of the week with him. 

interesting comment there Glen, Hopefully it remain unanswered. 

He's been here 5 years, it is the absolute least the club can do, put a statement out. Not leave it to Mowbray, who says he'll be off but with the caveat that it's primarily down to him not having any conversations about a new deal.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

🤞🤞

They can line up whoever they want but unless it gets signed off in India then it ins't happening.

Daniel Farke and his missus need to be on a plane to Pune if he really fancies the job otherwise cheaper wins the day.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Quite clearly the telegraph were wrong regarding Maja as he joined Stoke on loan only.With no obligation to sign him on a permanent.

£2 million wasn't needed to sign him 

And TM was wrong for going after him because he clearly isn't good enough for what was required.

I'm not sure how going for him, getting him or not getting him is a plus for Mowbray.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Please tell me the penny has finally dropped.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I think over the years, many of us have been fed absolute complete B/S, from different people both within and around the club. I think we all hear different things to whichever the wind blows, or what meets the agenda of those who tell us.

I would say with confidence that over the last 12 years on certain things, they have shown they have learnt, and are not slow at jumping in, if they are being lead down the garden path. They are known to have intercepted a number of things which have gone on at Ewood, and those who tend to be involved tend to have their card marked. 

I genuinely feel (just my opinion) there is two worlds at Rovers.

There is the Ewood world, which quite clearly runs the day to day operations at Ewood, but they knowingly know that any statement of intent they make, they can't realistically back up. They don't have the autonomy to make those decisions and can authorise very little. From a financial point of view, they literally cannot sign anything off bar a few grand, and even then justification must be shown why.

Then there is the Venkys world, where they are involved in multi multi million pound businesses where Rovers is just one of many and not their centre of the universe. Its why things take an age, because its not a case of "quick phone call into india"?

I don't know if its a status thing, or a culture thing, but the thought people including Suhail make contact and tell them, "you need to do this," and they go okay, is probably much wider from the mark than we could possibly imagine".

I think the big mistake most have made at Ewood during their time in either the managers, board, advisors seats is they don't actually rock the boat with honest analysis of whats going on or what needs to be done. I think they have more honest conversations during the visits to india, but even then its a lukewarm version with those delivering the message far more interested in keeping their own jobs.

If anyone told me it was raining outside from within the Ewood Senior management, then i'd need to check for two reasons. Reason one, they have as much control over what happens at rovers as they do the weather. Reason two, they will try and always paint the picture you might want to hear to get you on board, and some of it is well intentioned, however they know as they tell you, that what they are telling you is in hope rather than fact.

Reminds me of this.  'You're all just a bunch of gutless yesmen 

3xCP.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I do hope you're right, but is this based on anything? 

Just what I've been told, as I tweeted Honeyman during the week, things have a way of landing in the right ears, so it is foolish of him to think otherwise. 

I guess the proof will be in the pudding, but I've no reason to doubt the intel

• Like 5

Is Mowbrays contract until June, beginning or end? I hear he isn't in contact with the Raos?

Why on earth was he spouting about his contract with two very important matches left ffs!?

Football managers are judged on their results and he should have been sacked at the end of February.

He said he'd leave if he became a burden but he's still here?

• Like 2