BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

3 hours ago, booth said:

And TM was wrong for going after him because he clearly isn't good enough for what was required.

I'm not sure how going for him, getting him or not getting him is a plus for Mowbray.

He is a striker though and certainly at that time we were better than Stoke.

I'd wager he'd have got more goals here and goals = points.

We badly needed extra firepower so as far as i'm concerned they dropped the ball with this one. Better to try and fail than not try at all as the saying goes. 

Meanwhile our lot suddenly thought that others in the team suddenly hitting scoring streaks or the ones brought in with no real scoring pedigree was the answer.  That's fanciful at best especially for such experienced football people, nothing learned from years ago after letting the only back up CH we had go.

• Like 2

Again it puts the bad advice myth to bed.

Still willfully ignorant and never ever proactive just reactive because they've no choice but even then it's way down the priority list.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

• Backroom

They just don't care about Blackburn Rovers or indeed Blackburn at all as much as any of the fans. As has already been noted, we're just one of a portfolio of businesses to Venky's, and likely very low down on the priority list. It's a shit situation and a big reason that Venky's should be nowhere near running this club, but it's also the unfortunate reality and why I have little hope right now that they're putting any serious thought or attention into Mowbray's successor - let alone treating him with any dignity upon his exit. I imagine it isn't even a footnote in their various meetings.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I’m sure the vast majority of the Blackburn public are absolutely disgusted with the way this is being handled. A manager who has been here for 5yrs to be treated like this leaves me almost speechless to be honest.

This town is working class to its core, we believe in doing things the right way, treating people with respect and dignity and once again these backward bastards doing quite the opposite, they’re noting but cowards.

Love him or hate him, Tony Mowbray deserves better than this.

judging by his actions or lack of them on the touchline,the training ground and the transfer market,he was lucky not to be sacked 2 years ago,he should be thanking venkys for keeping him in a job when correctly run clubs would have binned him

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

judging by his actions or lack of them on the touchline,the training ground and the transfer market,he was lucky not to be sacked 2 years ago,he should be thanking venkys for keeping him in a job when correctly run clubs would have binned him

No question, should have been fired long ago.

The club was a basket case when he took over and he achieved the minimum requirement of halting the slide.

His inability to make this season's playoffs will be his legacy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He deserved to be sacked at the end of last season when we regressed to 15th but based on results, not this recent obsession about "actions or lack of them on the touchline."

I had one poster who hadn’t stepped foot inside Ewood for over a decade slagging off Mowbray for his ‘lack of action on the touch line’

Unless sky have introduced ‘Manager action cam’ he wouldn’t know now would he?

The power of social media eh, lemmings over the cliff…..

Edited by Gav

After Mowbrays work/life balance interview last week, in which he was adamant he was going, I honestly can't see him doing a u-turn and staying. If the story is correct (throw enough darts and eventually you'll hit the bullseye) from Nixon and they did actually meet my guess it was that finally Mowbray has got the official word that his contract isn't being renewed.

Suppose we'll just have to wait until Sunday for the latest 'update' from Nixon. Sunday = Rovers rumour day. Coincidentally that is the day his stuff appears in The Sun and we all need to click on their website or buy a copy to see what he has to say.

Nothing happens between Monday and Saturday but then we all need to queue up and buy The Sun to read his latest theories.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Suppose we'll just have to wait until Sunday for the latest 'update' from Nixon. Sunday = Rovers rumour day. Coincidentally that is the day his stuff appears in The Sun and we all need to click on their website or buy a copy to see what he has to say.

Nothing happens between Monday and Saturday but then we all need to queue up and buy The Sun to read his latest theories.

writes for the sunday s*n, not the daily, is why. hence he'll let things drip out during the week. his bosses probably tell him 'no' and to direct people to the website for sunday bits.

On 01/05/2022 at 22:45, Mercer said:

I think it would be a surprise if Mowbray is still in charge for the game at Brum - I expect him to have 'left the building' within days.

I am surprised Mowbray is stlll 'in the building'.  This has similarities to the noise that was about in April 2021 when it seemed Mowbray could have been very close to the exit door. 

Clearly from Sharpe's article, until yesterday, it seems even Mowbray was unclear whether he'd be in charge at Brum.

"There is nothing really to report. Nothing has changed as far as I am concerned. I asked whether he would like me to take the team to Birmingham and he said yes and that is what we have done".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

After Mowbrays work/life balance interview last week, in which he was adamant he was going, I honestly can't see him doing a u-turn and staying. If the story is correct (throw enough darts and eventually you'll hit the bullseye) from Nixon and they did actually meet my guess it was that finally Mowbray has got the official word that his contract isn't being renewed.

Venkys family orientated/ take easy option - Ewood showing signs of neglect - Mowbrays work / life balance - Swag love of saving a few quid=

Mowbray new contract and ground share with Middlesbrough 🙂

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I am surprised Mowbray is stlll 'in the building'.  This has similarities to the noise that was about in April 2021 when it seemed Mowbray could have been very close to the exit door. 

Clearly from Sharpe's article, until yesterday, it seems even Mowbray was unclear whether he'd be in charge at Brum.

"There is nothing really to report. Nothing has changed as far as I am concerned. I asked whether he would like me to take the team to Birmingham and he said yes and that is what we have done".

Another prediction that fell by the wayside?

• Like 3

Hartlepool have sacked their manager Graeme Lee. It's only about fifteen miles from where Mowbray lives and he would have his work/life balance.

Nothing would surprise me in football.

• Like 3

We all know that things change in football overnight. If somebody had come on here back in the day and said he’d heard Roy Keane was signing for us he would have been right. Did Roy Keane sign ? We all know the answer to that one.  Anybody wants to come on here with stuff they’ve heard - as far as I’m concerned, feel free. On the other hand I feel free to take them seriously or not.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

There did seem to be a long standing link to WBA even the LT guy alluded to it.

Something was at play there but didn't pan out although it would be no surprise to learn Mowbray is going to sit back and wait to see how it unfolds for Bruce.

He'd be back in there like a shot imo

As for Hartlepool that's exactly where he should be now.

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There did seem to be a long standing link to WBA even the LT guy alluded to it.

Something was at play there but didn't pan out although it would be no surprise to learn Mowbray is going to sit back and wait to see how it unfolds for Bruce.

He'd be back in there like a shot imo

As for Hartlepool that's exactly where he should be now.

Jeff really would find that unbelievable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Mowbray stated in the Bournemouth post-match interview that he didn't want to take a break from management and would like to manage a club with the resources to get to the Premier League.

West Brom would fit perfectly into his work-life balance target, a bit like when Savage moved to Rovers to be closer to home. :lol:

Well yeah then when it goes tits up he can use the distance from home as an excuse.

8 hours ago, goozburger said:

Mowbray stated in the Bournemouth post-match interview that he didn't want to take a break from management and would like to manage a club with the resources to get to the Premier League.

You mean like 5 years with no questioning of results, rediculously limited forced sales, a decent budget, an academy churning out championship standard players, state of the art training facilities and a one and a half year assess the squad free hit? 

Poor old Tony having it so tough here. 

• Like 4

I’ve had enough of his drip fed interviews with the Lancs Telegraph this last week, ranging from telling us what kind of manager the club needs to his latest that he loves Nyambe and Lenihan. Is he already a director of football???

Edited by Giant
  • Like 2