BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

It is becoming a little bit of a watershed for Rovers.  A lot in the 40s-50s-60s are walking away from the club having seen it built up and knocked down. 

However there's a growing number of younger fans - my mates lad is 15 and he and a lot of his mates now go.  They are happy to get behind the current situation- as they've not known any different-   Just as  I was in the 80s. 

Hopefully, at some point,  thet get to see some success. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

And those fans aren’t going to change their minds and adopt the attitudes of the majority on here. Not because they are thick/demented/deluded, but because they are no different to those of us who started supporting the club in the early 1970s third division days and who couldn’t have given a shit about the perspectives of the 1960 cup final ticket boycotters, of who there were many thousands.

The younger more positive supporters clearly enjoy it, as did we back in the day, and the fact that things are a lot crapper than 12 years ago makes no odds to them. We were singing the praises of John McNamee - a lower league clogger if ever there was one - only two years after captain of England Ronnie Clayton was in his position! 

To be fair, it isn’t just younger fans that don’t know any different that fit SuperBRFC’s description, it’s the vast majority of the match going fanbase.

BRFCS is very much an outlier…

• Like 5

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, neophox said:

If Mowbrays contract is running out a new manager may well be already lined up to take over.....

Then you woke up and remembered who owns us. 

56 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

calling a fellow Rovers fan a "smug bastard"....really?

It's a lot more polite than what I called him, to be fair...

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Would be nice to see Farke turning out for the game away at Brum. 

i hope he`s there to watch and seeing mowbrays usual antics of doing nothing he decides to take charge there and then,he has mowbray removed from the touchline and starts arguing with venus,benson and lowe,after the match he states he is dispensing with their services and bringing his own staff,if carlsberg did starts of managerial careers☺️

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

It is becoming a little bit of a watershed for Rovers.  A lot in the 40s-50s-60s are walking away from the club having seen it built up and knocked down. 

However there's a growing number of younger fans - my mates lad is 15 and he and a lot of his mates now go.  They are happy to get behind the current situation- as they've not known any different-   Just as  I was in the 80s. 

Hopefully, at some point,  thet get to see some success. 

I was brought up on the likes of Fred Pickering. Watching Barry Endean and Bryan Conlon wearing the same shirt was tough. As was watching Fred himself when he came back at the end of his career. Nearly as sad as seeing the magical Bryan Douglas coming on as a sub at the end of his time.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Screenshots from the board aren't allowed to be shared on other platforms because people aren't there to defend themselves. Think here it's only right that the same applies in reverse

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Great stuff guys, you're an absolute credit to the debating skills of this message board and I'm sure it can only encourage those who have a different viewpoint to you to join in on here. Well done. 👏👏👏

debating skills!!!!!!!!,it`s a football messageboard not the oxford union

• Like 1

Football fans, message board, debating skills.. lol

Steady on. You'll have me in tears for the poor buggers who are offended by my lack of finesse.

As Father Jack tended to say, "Arse!"

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Screenshots from the board aren't allowed to be shared on other platforms because people aren't there to defend themselves. Think here it's only right that the same applies in reverse

I’ll make the rules thanks Joe. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Gotcha haha I had no idea what it meant lol  although I do hope it's untrue as i would love farke here 

My sense of humour gets worse the more alcohol I have. I started early today.